Help with my rune caster/sage build pls

I always wanted a sage dmg build without pyromancer… so i was thinking about:
wizz c2 (surespell) cryo3 kino 1 rune caster sage

is dat good? any suggestion?

uuuuuuuuuuuup
bump bump bump pls guys

What do you like most?

PvP? PvE?
Mobbing (AoE), support, bossing, farming?

Wizard3 quickcast attribute increases your damage.
Cryo3 is a support pick (frost pillar pulls mobs, and freezing CC).
Kino1 is psychic pressure user. Psychic pressure on cryo ice wall will shoot shards. Big enemies get hit by more shards ==> boss combo.
Rune caster is a hidden class with very high cast time & cooldowns. Rune of ice provides damage boost to ice shard shooter combo, and cryo skills.
Sage is missile hole & taxi class.

Thx for reply,i need the combo cryo+kino no slot for wizz 3… and sage is pretty cool and will help

IMO, you should drop RC and take wiz3

It is good. I’m a wiz2 runecaster as well. Surespell alone is helpful while ice wall combo and casting rune.

I’d recommend to drop sage and take wiz3 if you want to focus ice wall + PP combo… I read in many forum posts that cloned ice walls dont shoot shards properly by PP. (Some said it doesnt shoot shards, some said it has weird directions… dont know which one is correct). But if the cloned ice wall works properly, then this class is a must get and i’d sacrifice a wiz circle for it. If not, then i’d take Wiz3 over Sage… aside from the damage boost, quickcast will also help you greatly in casting those Rune spells much faster. Having surespell will only help against normal attacks… You will still get interrupted by CCs… So, it’s kinda not worth it. If you take c3, you will gain the whole benefits.

The sage cryo synergy i think is decent is the combination of Sub Zero Shield (For melee phys attack) and Missile Hole (For ranged phys attack)

if they said cloned ice hard shoot in weird direction, that’s the fact (according to my experience). But If you build it 2x3 and clone it from the right and/or left side, the cloned ice wall will spawn inside it. And so the direction should go well, in this case I don’t know if the combo is increased.

1 Like

I don’t think taking Sage just to duplicate ice wall for combo is a good idea. A few second is wasted for duplicating while you should be immediately cast PP after ice walls. If this is the case, then yes, wiz3 for quick cast is better. Besides, cryo3 provides more than enough walls already.

However, Sage is a good pick for defensive utilities. Not only for Missile Hole, but Blink also takes aggro so you could prep the combo more safely.

I dont know how cloned ice walls works though. I’ve never really tested it myself.

1 Like

Thank u to all reply guys!

About pick wizz3 instead sage, oh god no… sage is pretty utility, and is c1 yet, who knows what its coming?? Wizz 3 will just provide me magic missle and surespell… Sage can give me more walls, and survivability,
And no, i just cant drop rc, is my main burst.