Tree of Savior Forum

Help with Inquisitor Path

Diev 3 for more support at the cost of DPS (Monk 3). Personally I prefer Monk, with my EB I even bit a DPS Warlock at some Boss Hunting.

Paladin- inquisitor for a more Pve Build

I always choose Monk over any other class but just becouse I like the class, don ´t care if it s best support, DPS, Hybrid. I just like the class so I focus in the best way to take advantage of the class. I even made the three most popular monk s build to comparte (Diev2- Monk3/ Priest 2- monk3/ Priest 3- monk 3). Then just Inquisitor becouse it s the only Rank 8 melee class that sinergys with monk.

I asked about going diev3 because I like the diev3 exclusive outfit. I take my cosmetics seriously. Would it be bad if I decided to do this?

What build out of those three builds worked best for you?

If you want to get party easily for ET, people will take you if you are Diev 3 just for the f#cking asurine, and monk only get 1 useless skill by going C3 anyway, so your choice :slight_smile:

but dont expect to have bigger damage than going monk 3

None of them are bad, It ´s just a personal preference.

Diev 3 for a pve Support focus

Diev 2 Monk3/ Monk 2-PD for a more PvP focus. Statues helps with the gap on ranged classes, but with Inquisitor you ll be benefit too. PD it ´s very helpfull or CC will be a nightmare.

Priest 2 Monk3 its more a Pve DPS focus. Now if you are not intereted on pvp that much, you can try this one. This is my first build and I party with a Warlock 90% of the times so I focus mainly on tanking,supporting and mob control. But in the long boss battle, my damage it s higher ( attribute and some equip needed). Revive It s awesome for high lvl maps.

I tried Priest 3 on the ICBT, mainly for the Stone Skin skill but with the nerf and the SPR needed, it didn´t convince me now.

I understand that there are build focus for each task but I prefer to play builds I like according to my gameplay.

I’m mostly interested in pvp, but I want to have a relatively painless time solo grinding. I assume that means cleric2 --> diev2 --> Monk2 --> PD --> Inquisitor.

What about Oracle for r7 instead of PD? What are the pros and cons? Is Prophecy and Counter-spell for pvp worth it?

@Himiko

From a Cryo3>Kino2>Linker1’s perspective:

I find that fighting a single Oracle is more troublesome than a single PD, unless there’s a Sw3-Cata or a QS that bothers to spam Stone Shot on my team. When there’s a single PD on the enemy team, I can usually just wait out Bloodletting and eventually Beak Mask. Meanwhile, Oracles force me to waste a lot of my CC just to get through Prophecy, and by then my CCs would be on cooldown. I could use my IW-PP to remove Prophecy but Oracles can usually just Counterspell it. Also, Oracles can deal a lot better against Kino>Necros/Warlocks and even against other Clerics (Heal/SZ denial) due to Counterspell.

Fighting multiple Oracles versus fighting multiple PDs is a different story. In this case, PDs are more difficult to deal with since they can have Bloodletting on a higher uptime since they can easily coordinate it. Oracles would have to guess or anticipate when to use Prophecy since it can have a 100% uptime from one Oracle alone if the charges are not depleted, and each of their allies have a different counter for Prophecy charges.

For your Inquisitor, I think you can just go with PD with a maxed out Beak Mask and use your Inquisitor skills to deal with magic users.

I think using Beak mask for status ailments and then using Inquisitor skills to fend off magic users does make sense.

I now have a much better idea of my options for a hybrid Cleric, should I choose to roll that type of character. This thread has been a success so far.

Arigatou.

Build seems kinda bad to me to be honest. Diev2 physical damage isn’t going to do much in pvp, everything just feels useless. people get diev for diev3 totem mainly.

Monk 2 energy blast is kinda weak / short, melee attacking characters is kinda bad. So you will mostly use energy blast from monk there, monk 3 is kinda needed in my vision then.

PD is good, pd is always good really. that leaves the stock cleric 2 solution left over.

Monk burst is high outside of energy blast, but mostly only one a single target. It’s more a dotter in my vision then anything else. I experience it as a high hp target burster, but it needs setup which makes pvp meleeing kinda useless.

If you want to go pvp, i would heavily advice to drop the whole physical thing, and move into a int based diev3/pd char with priest 1 for ressurect.

Let people cc targets and your owls will simple melt them.

if you do want physical attack solution, with inq i would advice to move into priest2/monk3 ( if you want monk ) or move into a paladin 3 version.

I dunno why people even advice diev into a monk build, seems bad to me.

I currently have on cleric department:

cleric2/diev3/druid/pd
cleric2/priest2/monk3

So i know what i talk about as i know the classes.

edit

also don’t forget you can use dispellers in pvp, so cc isn’t going to be that much of a issue, it only costs you money. PD really isn’t that much needed as people make it out to be. It’s good don’t get me wrong, but hardly needed.

Having a physical attacking Support Cleric Hybrid was what i really wanted, and as difficult as it was to let go of that, I decided to go for an INT based Cleric instead. I may come back to a DEX Inquisitor in the future. Also, I played a Diev Monk before, and it was extremely difficult to pve with, so I know what you mean.

I made a thread asking for help on my build, if anyone wants to take a look:

That’s not entirely true, the thing with toyhammer is, not only the auto attack procs the debuff.

Double punch gives you 2 a hit, which you can spam fast. So that’s already 5 hits max. which makes it 20%.

But then monk has 2 dots that every tick give 1 debuff from toyhammer, so it goes even faster then that. every second = 2 free dots. that means only 3 punches = explosion, next explosion is basically the same thing.

The explosion on top of it, gets effected by debuffs, so god finger flick gives you basically loads more damage on the proc.

I see it proc all teh time for 7k a tick ( even saw it as high as 11k on 190 fire boss ( 1 tick of the 4-5 from explosion ), if i dont debuff monsters and just ram it, it mostly does about the ~5k a hit 5-7k.

So that means if its x4 ( maybe its even 5x, i honestly dont know. Its just to hard to see ), that’s 20-45k dmg a proc. that happens in mostly 2 seconds when dots are applied.

I don’t have iron fist, so no clue how effective its buff is, but catacomb blade is only used here +7, when i face plate monsters and if it outdamages toyhammer even then i dont konw, but low hp plate targets obviously toyhammer isn’t going to weight up against that, but high hp targets no clue.

Here a demonstration of toyhammer procs, you can see it costs you no effort to let it proc and one of the procs evne hitted as high as 8,5k a proc

Here’s another one

These are truffles so not weak to those attacks at all. And the damage is already insanely high.

Since when? Is this the Miko thing?

after a few calculations i found 2 good paths

Cleric>Priest>Diev>Paladin>Monk >Paladin2&3 >Inquisitor

Cleric>priest2>Paladin>Monk >Paladin2&3 >Inquisitor

This build benefint your DEX with the Monstrance (priest1) and can support your team healing (Massive Heal?)

Diev1 for Carve Attack if you like it and the Statues give your allies good buffes (or if you got a Plague in your team we can say Statues give perma debuffes on enemies)

Monk is only for Double punches and Palm Strike bleeding. Double Punch Level 5 have similar damage to Lv10 so you really don’t need at R8 the damage difference.

No monk 2 means the lack of usefull skills and the kamehameha but you will still be a usefull Paladin 3.

At rank8 99% of your damage will come from Inquisitor.

There’s so many issues with these builds I don’t know where to start.

For the first build… Only having one circle in Cleric and in Priest means your usefulness as a support will be close to zero. With 1 circle in priest, you don’t even have mass healing, and 1 circle in cleric means only 5 heal tiles. Not to mention your skills in Cleric, Priest, Diev and Monk will fall off from only having 1 circle in them. Most other supports will beat you in usefulness, and your damage will be negligible.

Your second build is better simply because you took Priest C2, although your usefulness as a support will still probably be negligible compared to most others since you didn’t take Cleric c2 nor Priest c3. And again, your Monk’s damage will be useless later on with only one circle in it. If you’re going Paladin c3, I don’t see the point in trying to squeeze monk into it.

In fact is the most pure dps build overall for a Inquisitor (and not a new path for koreans)
No one mentioned to be a “full support”. You still got some utility as Paladin, even you got Heal to 5 (just for you) or just mass Heal

All you need to do most of damage as Inquisitor is… to be Inquisitor , Double Punch and Monstrance. Priest 1 is enough to that purpose.

If you want an overall balanced build there are alot of other build but your supportivness will fall since you will be NOT a spr build. Given that most of DEX build with Monstrance and Inquisitor deals similar damage.

If you can hit the weel with more physical skills you can do better damage and in cleric path only Doubple Punch, Carve attack and Paladin skill are suited for that.

I never said anything about “full” support.

Not to mention your monk and diev damage will still be useless later on as well as your priest and cleric buffs falling off. The problem I see is you’re trying to fit too many classes into these builds, when you’d benefit more from reinforcing a few of the most optimal classes. Although, do what you find enjoyable.

Monk is the worst class ever in this game x) REROLL

Wow dude, thx for the info, I already said i only counted auto attacks
Also, the point of my calc is the same as yours, to say that Toy Hammer is too OP, (because no mace have 769 Damage @ level 330 without any heavy enchantment and so on)
Not to mention the calculation use +5 non Transcended Toy Hammer

Thx for sharing :smiley:

btw, which one is better for monk and palley in you opinion? Priest or Diev?

Diev two for monk offers silence statue, which prevent monsters from attacking, -20% cooldown of energy blast, 2nd type of damage (pierce), and owls for early leveling.

It is NOT for PvP really but in PvE it allows for almost 100% uptime of being not affected by enemy attacks.

I have leveled 3 monks to 200+. C2 diev2 monk 3, c1 p3 monk 3 and c2 p2 monk 3.out of all 3, the one that feels best is cleric diev one for me.

Say what you want, but I end up using statues way more then anything from the priest versions… Only isefull skills there are revive and monstrance. Mass heal used as self heal is nice too though. But you lose so much from not going diev.

There is some justification for priest 2 for PvP, in that scenario it would work better, but again, I can somewhat PvP with diev 2 as well, not best but works

The thing is with most people on this forum, talk about builds but have zero experience with it themselves, they read something from a player that has no clue himself and talk about it like it’s somekind of fact. And in the meanwhile kid themselves its actaully a fact.

If you want to roll something, talk to people that actually have the chars. and not people that theorycraft useless numbers, that do not weight up.

They hear about something never experienced and just talk what they heard through somebody else and pushes it as a fact fowards towards others… while in reality it’s just baseless information.

The thing is.

Did you saw that video? how that truffle basically died from doing absolutely nothing?. When the debuffs roll on a target, it just melts.

Now compare it towards this:

Put a monk c1 on that truffle and let him hammer with 100 crit double punches with his suncus maul. 2 minutes later and all his 35 max stam gone, truffle still stands there, has low evasion / defense, gets hit like a truck himselves and rage quits.

He will look at c2 build, and see double punch only has a bit more damage. quit monk as it’s terrible.

Is he right? yea his char saks indeed. Because he totally missed the point of monk completely.

Now get somebody with 450 crit, toyhammer, monk c3 + debuff + bleed the monster up, and see it melt in seconds with getting zero damage. And having zero risk to die as you got revive on yourself and loads of heals + support buffs.

This dude will look at monk skills and not see double punch having a bit more damage, no it adds another bleed !, i adds another armor break debuff !. sooo goood. The extra bonus damage on double punch is just a bonus.

Another example.

Energy beam only gets a bit more attack more, but my suncus mail and +1 skill will already bring it to level 8, so the difference is minimalistic with level 10.

Well what they forgot to mention is, that the difference is 2,3x the dmg. that’s the difference from c2 monk energy blast, vs c3 monk energy blast. Because the duration is 2x longer, and the damage also gets boosted.

All stuff that theory crafters can’t really put there hands on, because information is simple half lacking on skills.

And this is a good example of i don’t know how monk works, because that damage is the last reason why people would go into monk c2 :weary:

Priest 2 no competition, specially if you move into monk 3. You need the support, As most of the time you will be playing healer cleric with damage in groups, and not mainly a damage dealer. Because people will pick archers + linkers for that.

diev 1 is practically useless for monks in pve group situations and pvp. priest far outweights it. and you will need priest 1 for 30% dex anyway.

Priest skills also scale really well, 30% dex will always stay valid, aoe heal is % based so stays valid, ressurect + revive also will age well no matter what.