Tree of Savior Forum

Help with Inquisitor Path

Hello, I’m a former cbt2/early access player that also played for a couple weeks after it’s release. I’ve decided to play again and be an Inquisitor, but I have a couple questions that need answering.

I’m thinking about going either:

Cleric c1 --> Priest c3 --> Monk c2 --> (PD or Oracle) --> Inquisitor
or
Cleric c2 --> Priest c2 --> Monk c2 --> (PD or Oracle) --> Inquisitor.

The thing is, I want to go Priest c3, especially since there is a priest c3 exclusive outfit that I like, but when I looked in the forums, there has apparently been a debate about cleric c2 vs Priest c3, which never had a satisfactory enough conclusion for me to decide. And so, with this thread, I’d like to reach a legitimate conclusion whether I can go Priest c3 and do well in pvp and pve(mostly solo except dungeons or unforseeable predicaments), or if cleric c2 is too necessary to not take it. I’m aware that with cleric c2, I’ll be getting 10 healing tiles, a longer safety zone, divine might, and fade, and with Priest c3 I can max out mass healing and revive, along with getting stone skin. Is Cleric c2 too necessary, or can I take Priest c3 without an issue?

I also need to know whether I should be going 100Con and Mostly Dex with some strength and just a few points in Spr, or with no strength at all.

Lastly, I don’t know whether I should take PD or Oracle for rank 7. I read that Oracle has a couple strong pvp skills, whereas PD provides cc immunity.

Cleric2>?>Paladin3>?>Inquisitor
is best overall

Cleric2>Diev2>Monk3>Inquisitor
is best dps with monk

Cleric>Preist3>Monk3>Inquisitor
Not that good, only thing going for this build is the resserections because your buffs will be useless past level 140 without any int or spr. healing will be hard

Cleric2>Preist2>Monk3>Inquisitor
Better heals, but also, only thing going for it is the resserections, better than cleric>preist3 though

Summary:
if u want best dps
go

Cleric2>?>Paladin3>?>Inquisitor

if u want monk and best dps

Cleric2>Diev2>Monk3>Inquisitor

if u want a ressurection

(hardest leveling) Cleric2>Preist2>Monk3>Inquisitor

Cleric>Priest3>Monk3>Inquis is a pretty bad build, even with the preist3 costume

I need you to explain why Cleric2>?>Paladin3>?>Inquisitor is the best.

I went cleric c2 --> diev c2(or c3, can’t remember) --> Monk last time I played, and I hated it. levelling was the most difficult thing to do, because even thought he owl statues had good base damage, it was a massive pain to try herding up the mobs, and auto attacks did next to no damage since I didn’t have buffs I would have had if I went Priest. I don’t exactly mind taking paladin over Monk if Monk is bad without diev, but again, I need to know why.

I also need proof on why cleric --> Priest c3 --> monk c2 -->PD or oracle --> Inquisitor is a bad build.

In addition, are the heals really that useless without investing a considerate amount of spr/int? If so, then why would people build a melee cleric in the first place? They get outshined dps-wise, and their heals would be useless.

1 word/skill: Conviction, C3 Paladin

Use Laima statue in between the 2 owls, also breaking wheel spreads the owl damage, so its extra op

your not even supposed to be autoattacking, you have carve, plus your not gonna auto attak once you get to monk. plus u can buy preist buffs. and you auto attacks should do decent damage if you put a good amount of STR ( like 100+)
also, after level 150, your preist buffs become next to useless since you have no spr or int, so all you really get out of those 3 preist circles are 2 resserections.

Paladin is better for inquisitor than monk, but monk beats paladin.

with monk you get strong dmg skills, with paladin your dmg skills arent that strong but conviction buffs god smash by a lot, you wont be using paladin skills often, really only conviction and smite, if u take monk, your skills will remain relevant.

Copied and pasted from above: also, after level 150, your preist buffs become next to useless since you have no spr or int, so all you really get out of those 3 preist circles are 2 resserections.

Also you can buy presit buffs, which really makes your own preist buffs useless. and healing will be huge problem, even with mass heal

paladin restoraion can icnrease healing, monk really has the same probalem as swordsman though. monks are outshined dps wise and have low heals, so they are really useless, but it still has a kahmehameha and lama is coming at rank 9(?) to help monk out

I am pretty much going Cleric 2, Priest 1 for Monstrance and Ressurection Paladin 3, Plague Doctor For the second Heal ability, stat immunity and utility and then finally Inquisitor. I wanted the ability to put out Good Healing, with some Decent support abilities from all the classes, as well as having that high burst.

Tbh, for the third Slot you gotta have either Priest 1, or that other class that can reduce enemy crit resist to 0. I prefer Priest 1 since Ressurection is always needed, and I like having that major boost to Dex to get not only more crit rate, but the other bonus’s Dex gives as well. Plus ill get to have Blessing which, spite it will at best, give 150+ more dmg to hits, is still nice to have, just gotta at least combine Divine Might whenever I use it. Aspersion, Sacrament which cant get unless Priest 2, you can simply purchase the buffs, gives me way less to have to worry about and maintain. And long as you gear right, you will have decent auto attack damage as well between abilities.

Yeah, if you want some pretty high damage numbers you will want to go Paladin C3 for Conviction + God Smash on Wheel.

Cleric C1
Priest C3 (Max aspersion, Max Bless, Max Sacrament, Max Revive or you can Max Resurrect and Revive lvl 5)
Chaplain (Max Aspergillum, Max Last Rites, Max Deploy Capella)
Paladin C2 (Max Smite, Max Resist Eements, Max Turn Undead)
Inquisitor C1 (Max God Smack, and wait for the Rank 9 skills)

This is pretty much my build, I must say I don’t party a lot (I don’t have the time and will to commit to grnd with others for hours) so far, I’m having a blast, I can solo Silus dungeon and pretty much any dungeon available of course you CAN’T solo ET tho.

I liked this build because I want a full “religious” themed smacker, there’s nothing like watching all the amage numbers flying around so fast lol (1 auto tattack, hits 4 times) it’s daaaamn fun lol.

Going INT and CON is hella fun, you farm pretty fast because you have that sexy damage increase when you have 50% HP left or below that from Last Rites, and having Revive gives you a huge advantage cause you know you won’t die, so you can pretty much roll around with low HP and dealing tons of damage.

The Owl Statues have significant cooldowns, so even if I can use them for a mob or two, the cooldown is too long to be spamming them everytime I want to efficiently kill some fiends.

Carve ability is limited to very few charges as well as being single-target dps. So while it does do good damage, it just doesn’t cut it for grinding/levelling purposes.

I actually will need to auto attack even when I reach Monk, because the Monk skills aren’t forever spammable. Double Punch relies on Stamina, which runs out very quickly if you try to spam the ability. It just doesn’t cut it for consistent grinding/leveling. Cleric auto attacks actually don’t do decent damage after 100+ str.I passed that amount of str before and auto attacks did next to no damage. it took absolutely forever to kill things, because I didn’t have priest buffs. I don’t want to rely on other people for my priest buffs either, although I can see how they’d be “useless” since other players can just buy them. Are all of the Priest buff abilities purchaseable?

If the buffs will be useless without spr, then I need to know how much Spr is needed to keep them relevant.

I at least know the Cleric c2 Heals are still relevant when 100+ levels, but I don’t know how it scales further into the game 200+, especially when it’s just c1.

I’ll have to see about maybe going Paladin instead, if it will really be better for my build. As for r7, I heard oracle was good in pvp because of Counterspell and Prophecy, but I don’t know if it’s worth it.

Does that ability really warrant taking 3 circles into Paladin?

I know having an INT-based Cleric would synergize better with most of the Cleric classes, but I really love the idea of a melee Cleric. If I can just find a way to solo grind consistently well and also be able to do well in pvp, I should be set.

Yes and Paladin plays well into Melee oriented builds. You can still go Monk, just don’t expect to see the damage numbers you will with paladin. Well, at least with Breaking Wheel.

(Besides, everyone hates Monks!) :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, because for whatever reason, Conviction makes that certain Inquisitor ability hit twice for double the damage. Couple that with Dex for crit rate and your doing tons more damage than Cthulus build is capable of, but Cthulus build at least has the advantage of good heavy support, but lower on the healing side since C1 cleric, C3 Priest, but no plague doctor. He also lacks Paladin C3 to get that Conviction needed to do that gigantic damage. His auto attacking though will be somewhat better than my build of course due to Chaplain, even with my constant critting. Its a fair trade off, I see that build as pretty fun too.

[quote=“Himiko, post:8, topic:330121, full:true”]
The Owl Statues have significant cooldowns, so even if I can use them for a mob or two, the cooldown is too long to be spamming them everytime I want to efficiently kill some fiends.

Carve ability is limited to very few charges as well as being single-target dps. So while it does do good damage, it just doesn’t cut it for grinding/levelling purposes. [/quote]

owl staues are supposed to be used on bosses and grinding, and aoe clear. if their cd was lower they would be op. and you dont use ow to kill mob or two, carve is already good for that.

and carve does good dmg and scales well, and its supposed to be used for a mob or two

if you buy stamina pills and have atleast 40 stamina you can spam double punch, and while stamina skills are on cd, use carve.

even if you try to autoattack, your preist buffs will be so bad that it will just be easier to use carve, with your own blessing you literally are getting only 100 dmg at max level (if i calculated it right)

and about all preist buffs eing purchasable, the only ones that arent are stone skin (yours will suck), monstrance (pretty good on a dex monk, but short duration), and revive (only good buff)

why take 3 circles for 2 ress and bad healing, when you can take 3 circles for decent heals and a cooldown statue (good for energy blast), a warp statue (really useful), a silence,and a really good AoE sentry,

they also scale with int,and spr, but on a physical character, you will have no int or spr unless you sacarafice some stat points which isnt good. even with full spr or int, blessign and sacrament wont do good at rank8.

cleric c2 heals stay relevant in 200+, but later on in the game (at the unrelesed stages like level 600+) even cleric 3 might not be enough

c1 heals even with mass heal arent good enough for 200+

Even though conviction is OP with god smash,

think about this combo:

silence statue (to pull it off) -> wheel -> one inch punch -> palm strike (bleed) -> godsmash -> Double Punches…

All that while wearing a toy hammer (toy hammer gets spread with wheel, bleeds and one inch punch ticks)

basilly what im saying is that all your buffs will eventually fall off hard, so why go circles? cleric2>Preist2 would be better bcuz u get the ress and you dont waste a circle. overall imo cleric2>diev2 would be better bcus c2 diev gives way more than c2 preist (on a physical build)

I think you’re thinking too much of early game and not really considering 350k+ hp mobs when you get inquisitor. With no int or spr, as stated earlier, you will do +100dmg auto attakcs with c3 priest buffs. Compare that to the +30k dMG per crit for conviction+breaking wheel combo will do, and you can see why +100dmg on auto attacks is close to useless later on. Couple that with the fact you can already buy blessing and sacrament from pardoners, you are essentially wasting 3 circles for ress. Plus you want a pVp and pve grinding character… the sad truth is if you want easy grinding you go archer, not cleric; but you can solo decently going c2->d2->m3->inquis or c2->diev/priest/kriv1->pal3->monk/pd1->inquis.

is smite a single hit or true multi hit?

In the end though, go with what you feel is best for you. The nice thing about this game is, even if they never put in a circle reset, thanks to Team Levels, Collections, and of course if your smart, you keep sets of upgraded leveling gear on you, and of course a high level companion pet to help as well, the more you play the game, the faster it will be to level a new character, if you feel that the build your using is just no good anymore. Only thing you dont really keep is achievements really and most of the ranking.

Just dont bank on Class reset, alot of the mentioned systems I spoke of was designed so players wouldnt really need a class reset and things get faster and easier the more you play.

So play what you feel is good, if it turns out to be bad, or broken due to an update, can always just reroll, least by then youll have alot of collections done thus boosting your new char, team level 30 or 40+ thus up to 50 percent exp, should be team lv 100 eventually yea? And a Companion that can one shot most things up to a certain point depending on how much silver you put towards his growth.

I honestly like this system.

Why does everyone hate monks?