Tree of Savior Forum

Help with full summoner/sorcerer centred build

Hi! i’m a returned player from 2 years ago and what made me love this game was the sorcerer class and the summoning mechanics, i’m close to get to the rank 9 now and i dont know what to do with my build… i saw a pastebin with some future changes for the Sorc (https://pastebin.com/d2q7WqKL) and decided to make it to rank 3, i have a rank reset voucher (14 days) so i can respec at least 1 time if i change my mind. Well, now i’m playning with a pure summoner full SPR character but i’m open to options, what build with Sorc 3 at it center can do at least “average” on the endgame content? and my build will lose too much for not getting a rank 8 class?

My options are:

Wiz 3 - Thau 1 - Sorc 3 - Necro 3 (my current one)

Wiz - Cryo 3 - Sorc 3 - Necro 3

Wiz 2 - Pyro 2 - Sorc 3 - Featherfoot 3

wich one is going to do the best on the current meta? (i like to solo, but play with friends sometimes)

Thanks for all and sorry for my english! xD

What summon do you use? If you don’t use Marnox or Templeshooter, Wiz3 is a waste. Thaum1 is okay, but I would choose survivability (Cryo1) over Thaum1 every day.

That’s the classic option and it works very well. The only issue with it is that you might have some trouble with bosses. I have two Sorc3-characters: Wiz1-Cryo3-Sorc3-Linker3 and Wiz1-Cryo1-Linker2-Sorc3-Necro3. The Necro has far less issues surviving normal monsters, but the Linker wrecks every boss there is with Spirit Shock while bosses are kinda the Necro’s weak point. I also wouldn’t want to play my Necro without Linker2, as I personally find Cryo3 unneeded (Ice Pike is good enough for me, Subzero Shield and Frost Pillar are definitely nice, but between Joint Penalty and Ice PIke I have zero issues with crowd control).
I think this one will serve you better than the Thaum version, but it’s up to personal taste. Cryo is absolutely useless against bosses.

I tried this build several times because it’s such a popular build, but never got it to work very well for me. I love FF, I love Sorc, but somehow, I just cannot do this one right. It’s very FF-centric, your Summon is more of an extra since you will basically never ride and just concentrate on constantly casting skills yourself and somehow I don’t like that when I invested three ranks in Sorc. You survive well enough because of Levitation, even without any form of crowd control, but still… I find the build is not utilizing the strengths of Sorc very well. If you wanna play Sorc-centered, this is not the build for you.
(Fun fact: My FF is back to being a Sorc-Linker-FF combo. I might just have an issue with not having Linker in absolutely every build whatsoever…)

Oh, my current summon is a lvl 10 templeshooter and a lvl 10 gray golem (on necromicon).

Yeah i feel tempted to go Cryo but i’m afraid that picking a class that is useless for bosses will make me me feel far weaker than i can like, and for linker i was said that picking it but not going for Linker 3 is a waste, is linker 2 enough?

About the FF… i tought so, i saw a popular build on the tosbase and liked it but i feel that the lack of INT (without a endgame weapon) can leave me behind compared to other FF builds, but i love the FF theme too xD wish i could pick linker, FF and Sorc on the same build and be effective with this

and Thanks for the answer! :smiley:

1 Like

Okay, I don’t know very much about Templeshooter since I’m not the biggest fan (range too narrow for my taste), but Necro and Templeshooter are a good combination still. Also using Gray Golem for the Shoggoth; that’s still the best HP-based solution (if you want more attack, try Kubas, but I would stick with Gray Golem).

That’s why I’m only Cryo1 for my Necro - it’s enough CC and only takes one rank. The alternatives would have been Pyro (useless for one rank) and Wiz2. As I don’t like Sleep/Lethargy and their attributes, Wiz2 was a waste for me and I picked Cryo.
Linker2 is good CC, Linker1 is a waste. However, with Templeshooter, you might have issues with Linker - a summon with a broader range is usually better for that; my Necro uses Helgasercle who is excellent at that.
With R10 happening, I had to pick between Linker3 (and become a bosskiller) or Sorc3. Sorc3 is good, but in this case the suboptimal choice. The reason I picked it anyway is, well… I just love my summons and a Level 15 legendary Helgasercle looks awesome and shiny and HUGE. :stuck_out_tongue: And she still kills bosses fast enough, but not like my Cryo3-Linker3-Sorc3 can, who uses Spirit Shock, jumps on her Froster Lord to unleash skills and then everything is dead.

Between Linker2 and Cryo1, Linker2 is more than enough for farming. Bosses can be an issue as Necro without Linker3, but if you get yourself a Rangovas Necklace so that your summons get knockback immunity, you will be fine.

This is my build (a lot of things can be varied; you can live with less Salamion and instead put points in Summon Servant if you like that skill; also less Dirty Pole/Gather Corpse and more Flesh Cannon is totally okay): Build1

Linker3 alternative: Build2

And my friend’s guide without Cryo and instead Wiz2, for those who like that stuff: Build3

I tried an Int FF and I’m not gonna do that again; you chug pots like crazy. If you wanna do a FF-centric build with Spr and really deal damage, you need Thaum in there. Thaum-Sorc-FF is possible, but not very comfortable in my opinion. I am now playing this mess. It’s okay, but there’s not as much synergy as I would like between FF and Sorc. Honestly, FF and Sorc are a pretty bad combination because while your summon does levitate when you ride it while levitating, that’s about it. You can do better things than riding during your levitation time, so it’s all pretty much a waste to invest so many ranks in Sorc. There are a lot of builds were Sorc is good, but not the main focus - I have a Shadowmancer and an Onmyoji both running Sorc on the side and they work good, but they barely ride or do anything with the summons simply because they are busy casting their own spells.

My Cryo-Sorc uses (legendary, but that’s not needed) Froster Lord and is basically 99% riding because that’s what Froster Lord is good for, only getting down to cast Spirit Shock on bosses. In a party, she can play support with her Cryo3 skills if she doesn’t ride and just runs around and freezes and links the party or the enemies. (Note: Sorc3 summons are so big that any link cast on you by anyone WILL break since you will be too high up if you ride.) So she is pretty versatile, but still eats some pots because she has no army like my Necro. My Necro barely needs any pots at all (so a cheap character) and is far less riding because Helgasercle’s cooldowns are pretty long, but Helga’s special skill and Linker2 are enough to wipe the whole screen clear whenever it’s off of cooldown - Helga is not just great at auto-attacking thanks to her range, but her skill is VERY slow-cast, which is good; you can ride, cast, jump down and link the enemies up before the spell goes off so that everything dies. Froster Lord is faster, my Cryo-Sorc cannot do that reliably.

Basically, a lot comes down to personal taste. You will hear lots of people telling you that Gorkas or Marnox are awesome - and Marnox and Wiz3 are great friends because of the attributes boosting Marnox’s damage. But I don’t like Marnox and I don’t like using Sleep/Lethargy, so I’m not running any builds which support Marnox and his skills. My Necro and her Linker2-rank are perfectly tuned for Helgasercle and my Cryo-Sorc was made to match Froster Lord/be a pure riding Sorc (and an ice-themed character), so she doesn’t need any damage-skill for the ground and Cryo3 is totally okay there since Spirit Shock covers bosses and everything else dies thanks to riding. It’s very important to keep the summon you are using in mind.

2 Likes

I will give a chance to Cryo - Sorc - Necro, i’m with Wiz 3 - Thau - Sorc 3 - Necro 3 now but i feel Necro lack something, idk, it is nice because it’s a summon class too and scales with the same items and stats as Sorc but… well, the class feels a bit “meh”

I feel a bit sad because i dont know what to do with a Sorc 3, all the other classes (except necro) feel that will just “break” my build because they scale with other stats or are not Ride friendly… and for what i searched about rank 8 classes my build will be lacking endgame for not having one, i really hope on the future they add a Sorc friendly rank 8 class

I’m with my last rank reset then i will decide between:

Cryo - Sorc 3 - Necro 3

Pyro - Sorc 3 - Necro 3

Wiz 2 - Pyro 2 - Sorc 3 - FF 3

Wiz 2 - Linker 2 - Sorc 3 - FF3

you would wanna invest real hard on necro builds if you want to bring it to end game.
Im wiz3-ele3-sorc1-necro3, summons hp burns a bit fast if you do not have the attbs and the rangovas set especially on unique raids and cm stage 5 above, but overall i do not have problem with dps.

Not personal taste. Marnox does more damage even without lethargy (as does Gorkas, in context). Wiz3 isn’t a requirement at all for sorc.

Cryo gives you literally nothing except subzero shield, which does compliment necro fairly well if you want to PVP. In PVE it’s going to do you no favors. Pyro is by far the better option, as is linker.

Necro was buffed a lot but it’s still extremely clunky. You can pair sorc 2-3 with almost any rank 7-10 class if you want to, but there are a lot of options and a lot of ways to optimize. It really depends on what you want to do.

I went this build on my own summoner but necro/thaum1 is really the part that I dislike. Thaum doesn’t seem to give it enough of a buff, I feel like I’d be better served with linker3/sorc3/anything else.

I want to be able to solo content (if possible) and have a nice DPS/survivability or utility when i’m on a group, is it possible with a Sorc 3 on a build? xD i dont care about necro if i have a better option, but i want to get the max from my Sorc 3 (+future buffs)… i feel like everything i put on a build with Sorc 3 (full SPR) will lack damage or sinergy except Necro

It’s not always about raw damage, but also about range and, to an extend, personal taste. I know enough people who don’t use Gorkas because of the eternal stomping and I personally have issues standing Marnox with his punching sound (to the point where I haven’t played the Sorc who is using my Marnox since quite a few weeks).

Honestly my Necro is the character who solos things in PVE best, simply because she has so much of an army that barely anything hurts her. The summons draw all the aggro and the enemies who still get through are simply frozen with Ice Pike or linked with Joint Penalty. Necro is a million times easier to play than a non-Necro Sorc (when summons are the main focus).

I don’t get why you are so adamant that Sorc3 is supposed to be bad. It’s not and it will be even better in the future. It’s just not a “wow”-rank, but a solid choice.

Parties always look for Linkers or Thaums as utility; the thing is that they usually want those at circle3. And that’s where it still is a bit difficult. My Necro had to pick between Linker3 and Sorc3 for a reason. That said, my Cryo3-Sorc3-Linker3 is by now pretty good and I’m very pleased with her. She’s not as easy to play as the Necro, but she does very fine with a decent weapon.
That said, though - between Sorc3 and Linker3, Linker3 is the better choice when it comes to pure usefulness and desireability in parties.

I dont think Sorc 3 is bad, i love the class xD plus the buffs to Desmodus and the new debuff on Evocation will make it better i just dont know how to put other class in my build with Sorc 3 that can offer a nice sinergy with it Necro is the only option that i can think because it have summons and a tower that scale with SPR + scales with the new summons acessory too, then i picked Wiz 3 for Quickcast + Surespell for the Corpse Cannon and used Thau 1 as a filler rank…

if quickcast + surecast isnt that good for necro then i dont know what to do hahaha, maybe Wiz - Cryo 3 - Sorc 3 - Necro 3

Necro is indeed the only option if you wanna be completely summon-centric and not do much by yourself except making your summon-army as powerful as possible. As Necro, your big summon is just “one of many”, albeit the most important one, so riding is not as crucial and, with all the Necro-stuff you need to cast, also not a thing you do most of the time.

Sorc3 as “main” class with only support classes tacked on (Linker, Cryo, Thaum, Chrono, whatever) is relying on you riding for damage. This is the way if you want to make Sorc3 and your big summon the real center of your build and not just a really nice extra.

Sorc3 can fit into a lot of other builds (FF, Onmyoji, SM), but will NEVER be the pure center of these builds as you will be the main source of damage and not your summon. In these cases, the summon acts more like a meatshield which also dishes out really, really nice damage, but you will generally kill faster than your summon can.

In the end, Sorc3 fits pretty much into everything as Sorc is a great addition to any build since it’s basically free extra damage you have to do nothing for, but depending on your choice you will end up focusing on other stuff more than on your summon. So basically, Sorc(3) has great synergy with everything since you cannot go wrong with Sorc, ever - there’s even Elesorcs out there who dish out a TON of damage and are super-successful - but it’s more a question of how summon-focused you wanna be and in what way (how much you wanna ride).

1 Like

Hi, @Sheba.

If I were to get Sorc 3 only for additional damage, do I still need to go full spr? I picked sorc 1 for funsies.

if you’re picking sorc as a filler, it’d be most likely your build will go towards a full spr.
it’s for maximizing spr builds.

First of all I’m sorry If I end up hijacking this thread. =(’

I haven’t used up all my stat points. A part of me wants to keep the “pet” but if I gotta go full spr I might as well create a full-fledged sorcerer. Is the damage really meh in the long run without spr? I read somewhere summon also benefits from weapon’s matk.

It’s just that Sheba’s post I quoted above gave me ideas…

ok, if we’re talking about the end game material, having full spr is really not a bad idea. in comparison to full int builds, you’ll lose about 800-1.2k matk, which is ok if you’re build is right and will fully utilize the spr.

yes, the summons’ atk benefit from your matk and it scales(multiplies) based on your spr.

if you’re thinking of keeping sorc as a ‘pet’, well it is fine if you’re just aiming for a ‘filler’ class if you’re confident that your main source of dps in your build won’t have problems.

but hey, sorc1 is good not just for it’s summoning skill but also for the cat buffs, good for you and your party, good sp recov and +5 aoe attack ratio(on level 5), and this cat doesn’t scale on stats, just on its level. so you may want to think about it considering this.

1 Like

Yeah, investing three ranks into a class that scales only off of spr kinda should mean that you should go full spr.
There are Elesorcs out there that go full int, but as @advbd said, they pick Sorc as a Sorc1 for filler/to have a meatshield/the cat-buff/to use Marnox as a decent source of damage with the wiz attributes and a powerful weapon.
That said, these days I have…I think 9 Wizards left and all are full Spr because I’ve been sick of the SP drain and pot chugging lately and they all do fine. Some (like my Shadowmancer) have Sorc1, some have no Sorc at all (Enchanter, Ele-Thaum-Onmyoji), some have Sorc2 (Featherfoot). But those with Sorc3 are real summoners who focus on the summon and don’t have it as filler because…well, you have three ranks of summon-specific skills. And as a I wrote above: If you have a “main damage” class for yourself (like Onmyoji or Shadowmancer) you will be casting your own skills all the time and not do much with the summon and it will mainly tag along. And for that, Sorc1 is enough. For some with a bit of synergy (Featherfoot, who can make the summon levitate), Sorc2 is also okay. But I personally would not go Sorc3 for a “filler”. Even Sorc2 feels like pushing it. Given that you pick Sorc2 mainly for riding and nothing else and what makes riding powerful is your Spr, Sorc2 on an Int build feels just wrong.

1 Like

Awesome @Sheba @advbd !

I put almost all of my stat points into spr yesterday (was statless before lel) and immediately felt the difference. I might have to KILL him anyway since his build is int-specific.

xie2