Tree of Savior Forum

Help with Dark Wizard skills

I used the reset classes voucher to build a dark wizard and the classes are warlock + featherfoot + bokor and I really need some help.

Let’s start with warlock. I don’t know how to use this class properly. I did one just to try it out but I ended up messing some things. All I know is pressing mastema + pole of agony to level up my character. Then I have featherfoot I have never ever thought about having this class in my life, but here we are. One friend of mine explained how the skills work but I have to try it by myself. And finally bokor class which will help me with debuffing skills. I am 28x and 8 job. I build more or less like this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21fgm.154575.2f3851711a4a.112531425a6a71958a.1f2f4956

Different from the other times I asked the community to help me, I’m really building a character and not speculating x.x

Magic Missile is bad, take Lethargy instead. Energy bolt is ok, but you might not use it much considering the build alraedy has a lot of attack skills. Putting points in Teleport is not a bad idea.

Pole is one of the weakest Warlock skills, only worth 1 point to me, as filler dps. Dark Theurge is weaker than Invocation, so I made it a 1 pointer too. Demon Scratch is worth at least 1 point, it’s one of the biggest AoEs in this build. Dump remaining points in Trail. I personally have this distribution:image

Blood Sucking is a 1 pointer, at level 1 it’s enough to fill your hp very fast, putting more points into it is a waste. Ngadhundi is a 5-6 pointer skill, so you can have 100% uptime on the corruption debuff.

Mackandal is a 0-1 pointer, imo it is bad and I would not take it at all. Bwa Kayiman is a 1 pointer too. Damballa is a must max, arguably the best dps skill from Bokor. Zombify is a must max I guess. Samediveve is worth 5 points imo. Effigy is where you dump all remaining points (I think it removes Hexing? At least that is why I think its not a popular skill)

Keep in mind people will rarely give the same skill distribution on Warlock, there are many ways to build the class. Also, I hate Bokor(my least favorite class in the game, Taoist being a close 2nd), so it might be a good idea to ask more people about good skill distributions for it.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21fgm.257585.2f31517f124a81.112131455a6a71958a.1f2f496185

Lethargy: increase your damage in magic circles, you have to take it if or if.

Warlok deals damage primarily with invocation and Ghastly trail (the latter doubles your damage) otherwise Dark Theurge only needs one point.

To Demon Scratch give it a point since moving mobs is useful, but as damage is unreliable to give you more points.

For Bokor the best damage is Damballa, it also has a low CD.

You can choose between max efgigy or Zombies, both give fill damage and can be adjusted to your game style.

Personally I prefer rune caster instead of bokor, the reduction of mdef gives you a considerable damage increase to your spirits vs boss

I can’t thank you enough for helping me with this!

In addition to helping me with skills, you have given me descriptions of how they work and how to use them. Thank you very much!

Note: at the moment I don’t have anything to reset my wizard tree, but asap I’ll add lethargy to my build.

EDIT: OH MY GOSH

that’s fine, considering base wiz’s DPS skills are completely irrelevant

I recommend this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21fg8.257585.2f3351711a4a81.112132455a6a71958a.2f316a8175

Pole and Mastema are your strongest dark damage abilities, they deal 30% more damage per blind and 50% per curse (mastema counts as curse), blind is activated using invocacion and pole does more damage if the enemy moves away from the pillar (from 6.6 sec to 14 -_-).
As for FF … enervation, blood curse counts as a curse as well. Kurdaitcha is your strongest skill then kundela (must be cursed the target before using it and have 2 more debuffs … and use levitation for that 30% more damage! And apply corruption if you reach time lol.
In order WL and FF are self-sufficient and complement each other well, bokor but I do not like it, zombies are zombies lol (poor damage if we compare with the skills) and Damballa! a good skill that you forget to use because you do not have time or because your zombies died with aoe damage LOL, hexing is the only good thing but in case you already have 8% reduction of mdef, I guess it will be a question of likes but free to choose what you like because WL and FF are very good (kurdaitcha more backmasking lml
I wrote this because I felt it was necessary (Pole lvl 1? Wtf) WTF
Sorry for that last, I hope this helps you something because … is translated by google! xD
PS: You have to use your skills in an order or they will not do any damage.

Pole of Agony is just a filler skill for warlock and will only hurt your rotation especially when you get classes that have more DPS skills. The main dmg skill of warlock is invocation + dark trail (+sacrifice ofcourse) for single target and Demon Scratch for aoe

You can’t stack witch doctor dmg boost, it’s just 50% dmg boost even if you stack mastema, blood curse, enervation, etc.

1 Like

For ease of use and high damage burst and good sustained DPS in both single target and AoE areas, I highly recommend using this skill allocation (still warlock - featherfoot - bokor)
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21fgm.25457184.2e517f4a85.1f2131466a71918a.1f4f657585

First off reskill your Bokor, it’s hurting my eyes… :smiley:

Hexing: CD is 10s so you only need 5 points
Mackangdal: 0 points since you don’t use Shadowmancer or Chronomancer to avoid the double damage at the end
Bwa Kayiman: your best CC skill, you want at least 1 point (up to 10)
Samediveve: 100% uptime buff that gives you +8k hps (double that for your summons), this needs to be maxed
Dambala: houla… not maxing this (one of the best damage skills in the whole wizard tree) you shoot yourself in the foot!
Zombify: all spares go here, you have 15 points to spend between this and Bwa Kayiman

No max hexing, means to waste the reduction of mdef, which, being a logarithmic formula, greatly increases your damage.

As the zombies are all the time regenerating (every time you kill a mob one of your zombies dies and a new one is born) this skills is wasted in them, however the increase of hp and movement to the player. Personally I find its short duration annoying and I end up avoiding it since it interrupts my rotation. Although on the other hand, if you do not have much def this buff can increase your survival.

Neither combined are close to doing the damage that makes the combo of the spirits, also his aoe is very short, Damballa does that job much better.