Tree of Savior Forum

Help with cryo3 skill point distribution

Hi, i’m thinking on making cryo mix with sorc build. What i have on mind right now either wiz- cryo 3- sorc 2- WL 2 or wiz- cryo 3- sorc- necro 3. Which one of those is better/ still viable endgame?

Also, i’m planning to distribute my cryo skill point like:
Ice bolt 1
Ice pike 7
Ice wall 15
Ice blast 1
Subzero shield 10
Frost pillar 5
Snow rolling 5
1 skill point left

my question, since i dont have kino in my build, do i still need to take max level of ice wall? if not, where should i put my points to? thanks :grinning:

Help pls :dizzy_face:

Make it ice pike 1 and ice bolt as high as your remaining points allow. Ice bolt casts faster the higher the lvl it is.

In terms of utility, frost pillar, wall and snow rolling are your best skills. Pike and Blast are there for extra freeze chance and blast for some damage during tree/wall.

1 Like

Oh? i thought i saw people use ice pike more frequent than ice bolt.

so, do i still need to max ice wall? i wanna try those ice wall+ice blast combo too.

yeah we do, but the damage increase for leveling it up is negligible, so extra points for faster ice bolt casting makes hella more sense.

1 Like

i see. for build, in your opinion, which r7 and r8 is better for endgame: sorc2-wl2 or sorc-necro 3?

That build of yours is as good as any for afk farm, and somehow good at pvp (clerics with prophecy and bloodletting seriously bother you though). For PvE, well, it’s not that good really since Necro doesn’t bring much to the table.

Sorc 2 + x + Sage is definetely the best combo you can bring out.

Making X= necro 1 means you get a good nuke in Flesh cannon + debuff decay with dirty pole and shogoth (templeshooter burst does double damage to decayed mobs, as do any ther archer in your pt). Flesh cannon means you have to keep on buying corpse potions, keep hat in mind.

If you choose X = warlock, you get a nice single target skill on dark theurge (32 cd), pole for bossing and invocation for helping out to clear easier mobs. Warlock is also quite good at general pvp.

i see. thanks for the insight

Sorry, i had to change the thread title cause i already decide on what to choose for rank 7 & 8.

Now, i’m still undecided about skill points for cryo 3. Initially, i plan my skill distribution like this:
Ice bolt 1
Ice pike 7
Ice wall 15
Ice blast 1
Subzero shield 10
Frost pillar 5
Snow rolling 5

But after some thought, i plan it like this:
Ice Bolt 3
Ice Pike 1
Ice Wall 10
Ice Blast 5
Subzero Shield 5
Gust 1
Frost Pillar 5
Snow Rolling 5

I still have 10 points left here. So, my question is, since i make this build for PvE purpose, where should i put the rest of my skill points? I’m torn between having:

• Ice Wall 15, Ice Blast 10
    -Ice Wall 15, Subzero Shield 10
    -Ice Blast 10, Subzero Shield 10

Which is better to have for PvE?

Bump

/20characters//

never use ice bolt

lv1-3 and +2 from audra is enough for cast time

ice wall vs ice pike

ice wall scale better with level

while ice pike use more freq

Definitely Ice Wall 15 Subzero 10 for late-game content
Ice Spike and Ice Bolt, and not to mention, Ice Blast, will have their damage fall off later pretty quick.
Ice Wall adds more hits to it, more blocks=more power, and if you get lucky, get queued with a melee or a psycho
Subzero Shield is great for defense play, even in PVE, the counter damage is sorta noticeable

Lvl 1 Ice blast is enough if you are not going Rune caster, since the damage scaling from lvling up the skill is bad.

Leveling Ice Pike and Ice blast goes under the same pack: Low DMG increase, so 1 pointers is fine.

Ice Bolt: Faster lvl, faster cast, so never lvl 1, i have lvl 5 personally with quickcast though, so just lvl it 1 by 1 until you find you are comfortable with the speed

Ice Wall 15: It’s a must if you want to use ice blast + ice wall combo since 1 ice wall = 1 more ice blast damage tick

Snow rolling lvl 5: great AoE damage skill actually aside of CC, if you have hgih MATK you can do easily 70k damage pre rank8.

Tree is 2 good to group up mobs so 5.

Subzero shield: It’s a good skill for PVP certainly, but i have rarelly used it while leveling. Useful against melee bosses i guess since the % chance of reflect.

Gust lvl 1: it’s fine, not really mandatory, but i guess it’s good enough to deal a little more ice wall damage.

if I have psychic pressure, is it worth to get Ice blast too ?

sure, you should have free points after putting 5 int osnow rolling 5 tree 10 subzero 10 ice wall

just lvl 1 ice blast is enough if you are not rune caster, if you are rune caster, it can scale pretty well since +200% ice dmg

sorry if i misunderstood this. so, after putting points to maxing ice wall and subzero shield, i assume what u all mean is that i should just left ice blast at level 1 and dump the rest of points into ice bolt or ice pike?

Here is the only one adequate distribution for support. You need to level Ice Bolt for faster casting. Ice Pike lvl1 is enough. Ice Wall must be maxed.
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21333..17213f415a617585

thank you :grinning: