Tree of Savior Forum

Help with Alchemist Build

Hi guys! So I wanted to be an alchemist because ya know money xD I’d still like to be able to hold my own and be able to solo because I don’t know if I’ll be playing in parties much. (hopefully I’ll make some friends lol) I thought about using this build:
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/egr1coprx3/
it was based off of this build:
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/sgmzp12zhx/
but I wanted to have alchemist in there.
So I was just curious about your guys’ feedback since I honestly don’t really know what I’m doing.
A few questions:

1. Should I at some point get ele circle 3?
  2. Would it be best to get alchemist circle 2 sometime?
  3. Also does tincturing still work when offline?
  4. and how does it work? like is there a shop where people make their own potions or do you make them and stockpile the potions and then people buy it? (if that makes sense haha)
    Thank you guys in advance!

I’d rather create an ALT for Alchemist instead of playing them to be honest. The higher the Alchemist circle, the better.

1. Once IMC implements more levels + ranks. That would be the best way to disk out more damage. (Same goes with Alchemist) but you definitely need Rain for an Elementalist.
  2. You definitely need C2 Alchemist because of Gem Roasting skill, otherwise, I would recommended you to make an ALT instead to playing C1 Alchemist.
  3. Only one offline shop is allowed
  4. Meh, why not? Alchemist potions are way better than the one from shop :smiley:

Your build is…okay.

You will end up playing with other people because instance dungeons are a huge part of leveling up. Getting into a dungeon party can be as easy as simply using the auto-match system.

As for your questions…

1. Elementalist, like many, if not all other classes, truly shine at C2 or C3. In this case, it’s C3.
  2. In my opinion, if you want to play a class like Squire, Alchemist, or Pardoner, it’s a must to get C3. (Though only C2 is available for now.)
  3. I’m not sure. It doesn’t function as a shop, but rather just a timing system with its own crafting animation.
  4. The video below will show you. It’s pretty old, but should still be accurate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdoAlhuCofo

As you can see, it’s not a shop, so you’ll have to put your potions on the Market in order to sell them.

In last CBT my main char was an alchemits 200 and I am 100% sure that I will do another on Release.

I strongly advice you to take Pyro x2 at least instead of Cryo and Linker. Reason: Cryo is a class with high burst from time to time and really godd CC, but it shines until you get circle 3, at circle 2 is ok, but not great (I also played a wizard>cryo3>sorc>necro). Also it is mostly focused in pvp, and alchemist is a the most pve class in game so you don’t really want to bring an alchemist to pvp.

Rank 4, you have 3 options with pros and cons:
1)Take pyro 3 for high fire damage. Every non fire monster will die very fast. I avoid this one since monster with fire element will be hard to kill, also Fire Ball can be pushed away for other players so I it was not a good idea to depend on this skill for Bosses. Even when fire pillar do a nice damage, the cd is too high, hell breath consumes too much sp, so Flame Ground was my only reliable skill.

2)Take Linker for join penalty. I avoid this once since monsters with Fire Element will be a problem again and join penalty didn’t resolve the Fire Ball issue to be push away (tested in a previous wizard>pyro>linker).

3)Take Elementalist. This was my path, I got Electric and Ice damage in the first circle, it was not great but it helped me with Fire monsters while pyro killed the rest.

Rank 5, you have only two good options:

1)If you took Linker you must take Pyro3 here or you will have an important lack of damage. If you took Pyrox3 you must take Linker here, same reason.

1. If you took Elementalist, then take Elementalist again, you will increase you Ice damage a lot, Electric damage will be good (no great), Meteor 5 do nice damage and since you have pyro 2 you will get the fire atribute that make monster explote with fire. You will add Frozen Sphere with a nice damage and quick cast.

Rank 6

Since it was the limit for the last beta I took alchemist here, I had damage enough to solo every single map and I was able to make money very fast (potions, awakening service and roost were all in the same circle). Now, since there are only 7 ranks right now, I advice you to take alchemist at rank 6 to start making money, after all we are alchemist because we love money w Money is our god, Laima and the other are just b*tches with pretty wings. If you want to add some more dps at this point then you have 2 options:

1)If you took Elementalist2, take elementalist3 and shine like no other Mage in game, high DoT damage, High Burst Damage, nice cds… but a really long cast in Meteor… any way, look that damage!!!

2)If you are a non Elementalist, take alche here because there is not other good class to take at this point, wait until your next rank to add dps.

Rank7
For this rank I strongly advice you to take alchemist if you haven’t, now if you are already an alchemist complete the circle as soon as you can. If you decide to left alchemist for your last 3 ranks (thinking that 10 ranks is the limit, I haven’t see any article saying something different). You have 2 options:

1)If you already complete Elementalist, take Linker. It is a huge booster for you damage.
2)If you take any other path than elementalist you have 2 options:
A)Take warlock to add a non fire element damage to you build (finally). I discourage this option since warlock will have more than one circle (probably, I could be wrong) so you won’t be able to max this class, maybe warlock2 is not a bad option but I am not sure since the second circle is a mystery.
B)Take Featherfood for sustain. I strongly discourage this option because you are an alchemist, use your damn potions greedy bastard >,>
So I will sugest something like this:

Elemental Alchemist: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/dzl3tctqln/ I avoid eletric damage this time since I will be able to get the 3rd circle, if you are going just for the 2nd circle, then take Electrocute, but I don’t see a good reason to do that.

Non Elemental Alchemist: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/jc1ooklwp3/ Your damage will be based in fire until you unlock Warlock/Featherfood.

TL, DR: Don’t take Cryo, it will mess up your leveling and won’t add anything since it is just Cryo1.

I hope it helps you since I was extremly lost when I did my 1st attempt for alchemist.

1 Like

Thank you so much for such a detailed post! It has helped me a lot and i’ll reconsider taking cyro now. I do like the Elemental Alchemist actually. Hopefully I’ll be a powerhouse money maker haha Thank you again~ ^.^

Thanks for this post, I really wanted to do alchemist but had no idea how to build up to it since i have been in no betas so this is great :slight_smile:

What would your opinion be on a Cryo Alchemist?

Even when I love Cryo and it is one of the funniest classes, probably it won’t be a good idea. As I explained before Cryo really shines once you reach Cryo3 and it is mostly a PVP class or support class in pve since their dps is quite (really really) bad in long battles, their main objective is add CC, amazing CC but you will need damage to do dngns and hunts, also it is a bit slow and boring to lvl up alone (if you have a party is way better). Double is an awful combination for elementalist since it just add slow when you kill mobs and you already have tons of CC with Cryo. A good idea that I didn’t think until recently is Wizard3>Elementalist2>Alchemist2, it is a natural sucession and also keep nice damage.

P.S. I am updating my alchemist build at this momment after check some post and convesations in the last days, I will repost something in a few days.

Dude you rock! Thanks a ton! It’s hard to find quality info on this kind of build path and you nailed it!

Your welcome, any way you can also try a support build with Wiz>Cryo>Linker2>Thauma>Alche2, people will love you but it is a bit hard to leveling alone, but not too hard.

Could Wiz>Pyro>Linker2>Thauma>Alche2 work for support and solo leveling? I’m a bit lost about what build should I make to my alchemist alt because I want to be viable in group but I want to level alone also :stuck_out_tongue:

I was looking for different builds but none of them convince me because I don’t undestand how solo/party leveling works in this game and what is useful enough and what not ;(

That could work too, at the end you will be a support. I rather Cryo1 because you can freeze enemies, and that always help, but pyro will make it easier to lvl up.

Just two more question. Is Pyro C1 or Cryo C1 enough for solo leveling or I definitely have to be C2?

And could Thauma be replaced with Sorc, Pyro C2 or something else? Or won’t it be enough with linker2 for support?

Linker 2 is enough for support, people will take you in party just for that. Pyro2 makes lvling eassier at the beggining but it sucks after lvl 100, too many fire monsters so you will linking and doing basics most of time, besides flying mobs are a nightmare. Cryo2 is awful. I sugest Pyro2>Linker2>Alche, that will work for fast lvl and support but probably you won’t be able to get party to farm at 250+ (any way, alche2 is 227 so you won’t need to grind so much except if you wanna reach job 15).