Tree of Savior Forum

Help with a Mage Build

I saw a video of a party quest boss getting KO’ed in 5seconds from ice rune, 10 ice wall+ monk
im expecting a nerf which might make me sad due to how good ice wall can be, maybe it could only nerf ice rune buff on ice wall? Iunno
Ah yes thanks for pointing out about the attribute for quick cast, now I need to think about my build again due to preference D:

https://youtu.be/NvPq47io95Y Posting cuz I cant paste on my previous post on mobile for some reason
Anyways heres the vid

The only thing that was nerfed after the ‘icewall + x skill’ trend was the Cyclone spin i believe ( It had infinite aoe ratio). I don’t think they’ll change stuff like this, particularly for the monk since it is a heavy investment of jobs to pull off. (cryo3, mo2) and they’ve recently made it so that psychic pressure has a scaling aoe ratio, so an independant cryo3,psy3 is probably good right now too.

Let’s leave it to experience when IOBT start…

like they say… no plan survives contact with the enemy…

1 Like

If you have lvl 1 energy bolt, it will never cast until you fill up the whole 1-second cast bar. If a mob hits you, you won’t cast your lvl 1 bolt. You are better off auto attacking than casting lvl1 energy bolts.

1 Like

Was it already proven? I’ve found some discussions on forums, some people say attibute from quick cast IS shared through link and other say it isn’t.

So I wonder if it was tested to be proven right/wrong?

It’s not shared unless your party member is wiz C3. It means if the wiz C3 in your pt has already learnt that attribute, when you use quick cast both you and that member has +50% damage, the others just got the reduce cast time

Yeah, I know that attributes are shared if party member also has it. But quick cast has 100% uptime anyway, so sharing it to wizard 3 is quite pointless.

I don’t think it’s useless, but it seems I can’t use wiz3 linker3 to increase the damage of magic based party.

I wanted to make a party of wizards and get wiz 3 on only one of them, but it seems I have to get wiz3 on every of them(but supports) if I want max damage.

Quick cast’s attribute sounds so broken that so many dps just go wiz3 because its straightforward, why even need thau when you can select a better dps class with free 50% extra damage :c things might change if more ranks are released tho.

2 classes for 50% damage increase is not thar broken. Remember Ranger.

Actyally wiz3 is even better for higher ranks. And it’s mostly taken by elems. Still if you go wiz 3 you can get only 1 c3 class, and all of them are so good. Thaum is 600 matk for the whole party for int builds(with swell brain only), chrono is cd reset(~100% uptime on most buffs), linker is potentially multiplying your party stats x5, elem c3 is just tonns of raw power, cryo and kino tons of cc, only pyro is lacking(not sure about sorc).

Clerics have the same situation (except Sadhu who are useless).

So wiz3 is mainly taken by elems right now. Support/cc classes don’t need it.

I think people are struggling whether they want to go supports from rank4 c3, which would be thau because you would lack damage until rank 8 is out, due to pyro not being good enough later on and linker 1 feels lacking. And I mean people who wanna be a mix set instead of pure support all the way

Thaum and Linker C3 are quite hard to fit in a build, it’s true. You don’t really need wizard C3 for them and Pyro/Cryo are not he best choices as well. So you basically wasting 1 skill slot, or forced to go Cryo C3/Wizard C3 in order for this slot to be useful.

Though, Wiz C3 Linker C3 Rune Caster/Featherfoot/Warlock looks pretty well, taking into account future ranks. But still there is a feeling that something is lacking.

Wizard CryoC3 LinkerC3 is decent as pure support, but CryoC3 is usually present in Chrono C3 builds and there is no need to have another one in a party.

Pyro definitely needs some buffs, right now it looks as a very bad choice for any build. If it will become more unique and useful, then Pyro3 Linker3 may become a new great option. But now it’s…