Tree of Savior Forum

Help with a build: W1>Pyro3>Linker2>warlock2

So is this good? My goal is for PVE atm. The original plan was pyro3>linker3>sage, would like to ask for an alternative, so is pyro3>linker2>warlock2 good? or is the sage build better?

Another thing, I’ve seen wiz on 5 hammers with reds, why is that? isnt it that hammers only give physical attack? Dont you need magic damage for wiz magic skills? sorry noob question.

Don’t really think Warlock is the best option for you there.

Alternative could be:

Pyro2-Linker2-Thauma2-Sage

Reason is to get more $$$ with swell body and link, since JP at lvl 10 has 8 targets and swell body lvl 10 affects 8 targets, bringing you so much more silver income from doing solo runs, that is if you do the combo religiously xD.

Reason for reds is basically just to lvl up, also since it has reds it can be used for your other alts that aren’t magic casters.

Been thinking of that too, but is it safe to conclude that warlock c2 has more dps than thau c2-sage? Cuz i really wont be doing too much solo runs for silver since ill be making an afk farmer for that in the future too.

But if i’ll be going to make a thau2-sage, where specifically can I efficiently farm with that build? 145 DG? or is there any place for it.

I believe 145 dun would give you the most income.

Warlock2 is better for farming and you can do it all day… not limited to dungeon entries.

However, i’d choose pyro3 linker3 to maximize my Fireball + JP + HK + Hellbreath combo damage. Because i already have my elelock for farming silver.

Also, red gems do increase your MATK too.
Unless you have are a sorc which benefits more w/ unroasted blue gem… i’d suggest red so all of your characters (except archers) can use it

Why do people get the impression that warlock is a dps? Its icon should be changed to gold/ yellow because it is a farming class. It is really weak on rank 8 even with linker. Pyro will deal more dps than that shitty class in rank 8. At least for now. There are more options. I think pyro 2 linker 2 thauma 2 sage is hands down the best pyro build as of now in all situations.

no sage no pyro-link

2>4 fire balls
6>12 fire balls

is doubled fire ball

It is not that bad, but the theme is sort of hybrid.
Pyro C3 with Agny is better and already sufficient DPS than Warlock C2 in most situations.
But Warlock C2’s Pole of Agony, Mastema also still very strong with linker and better in high MDEF mobs.

However in actual game play, it is better to focus on 1 damage dealing cycle.
And, Warlock C2 without Wizard C3 looks a lot weaker compare to Pyro3 with Agny.

In my opinion, Sage duplicate fireballs is much better and useful in 1-2 targets situation, and also your ace card for solo Saalus/Crystal Mine.

It’s all about what you want to use it for.

Pyro3-linker2-warlock2 is a silver farming build
Pyro3-linker2-tauma2 is a item farming build
Pyro3-linker3-sage is a dps/support build
Pyro2-linker2-tauma2-sage is a little of everything

I understand that pyro already has strong DPS. But wouldWarlock be a good choice for secondary damage, in case you need to fight mobs that heal with fire, or mobs that have very high fire res??

Or will Featherfoot be a better source for secondary damage??

If you’re using five hammer with red gem, you can use dagger aa instead of pyro skill. JP+HK+dagger damage is decent altho idk if without dex, hitting gonna be a problem.

well that’s too much of a negative conclusion for someone who hasn’t really known warlock2 potential, with enough dps and trash mobs any warlock can half any Royal Mauso (Saalus) Boss’s hp with mere Invocation + Evil sacrifice.

Yea, this is a good point too, that’s why i’m considering warlock as alternative since in 290 DG, Vilka mages are fire immune mobs. :frowning:

That requires you to do some okay-ish damage as well to have more lines of attack such as Sacrament, Enchant Fire and more if possible.

Also note that the “Dagger Wizard” from that video have around 1k EATK and really low Phys Atk (300-400 ish) which leads me to assume he’s full dex with yellow gems on his Five Hammer (3k crits being from low crit + Crit Atk).

It could work for some monsters but fails pretty hard on non-linkable monsters and bosses, not so much reliable IMHO.

@rksanti it really is up to what will you farm. I got my farmer character as Wiz3Linker2Thaum1Warlock2 for a general farmer character: farms silver, items and have invocation farming potential too. Didn’t test a PyroLinkerThaumWarlock but should be just as good.

Idk which video you were referring from but

You should be able to see his PATK is 887~1787. The fluctuate is exactly as 5x lvl 5 red gem with high dex. Idk if it could work with con/int build.

My point is JP+HK+AA can potentially be pyro alt damage when facing fire resist monster. So he can consider more possible option after pyro rank and not that he have to take something because his pyro can’t do it.

Was talking about this one:

396 PATK.

I totally agree, I just added that you need to have okay-ish damage and more lines of attack (both have Enchant Fire and Sacrament), it just won’t work well with just one line, you need at least Sacrament and the more lines you can get the better.

With high focus on EATK, both have 1k EATK, it just won’t work if your total elemental attack is too low too.

It works, but IMHO not too reliable. And good to see that it works with red gems too o:

Also, I’m not sure on this but it seems Agny works on the same line of calculation as Fire Resist monsters [Citation Needed], so if this is true it can potentially nullify your hard time killing those.

AFAIK Aruchan’s build in that video is str- dex. He is trying to make a full auto-attack mage. his str is what makes his AA damage high, together with crit.

Regarding usng dagger, instead of pyro skills, I’m talking about end game since our builds will be permanent. that means I would be wearing a 2H staff transcended, so normal attacks wont be a good secondary damage.

Are featherfoots able to clear mobs with high HP without using skills from other classes? (except JP maybe)

it doesn’t immune fire it just have a high mdef

my plague doctor can kill them easier than pyro did

pyro skill have low base damage

u need better item or just skip it

it’s better to clear physical room then boss or just boss rush

I think Pyro3+Linker3 can integrate that dagger wizard build by applying burn effect with fireballs+ignition+stabbing while using FirePillar.
You can go full con with cafrisun set (replace by manahas once it fixed) with High EATK or Enchanter (pure eatk build).

DEX build (crit/eatk build) seems more appropriate to linker2>chrono3>Enchanter

However, i dislike both as it either MDEF or link-resist issue.

not just pyro link hate link resist mob

everyone hate it

linker is common class to party with

even with aoe, link make mob die faster