Tree of Savior Forum

Help me with this Rune Caster Build

Hi, I just make a build that seems interesting for me. Though, I don’t know if this build good or not. So I wanna see your opinion about this build.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/f5xgz9ba6f/

My purpose of this build is to double the damage of Demoltion Rune and Justice Rune. Since the Cool Down for Rune Caster’s skill is now reduced, it should be not too long for us to do a damage.

Almost similiar to the first build, this build is more into shorten the Cool Down of Rune Caster’s skills.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/h947ip6p87/

IMO, Rune caster is not strong enough as stand-alone-class. I really really like RC class (feel like true-wizard due to casting skill).
In your case, I think #2 would be better, you cannot go wrong with Chrono3, plus you have wiz3 - Linker for JP-hangman + MM.

one thing that iam worried for the #2 option is the Linker just in C1, max link for joint penalty is just 5, also the duration of hangman’s knot is 2 second, which I think is too short.

Also why do you think Chrono C3 is better than Linker C1?

The problem i see with runecaster is that its skills are meant to buff you or your team for damage. Im running a runecaster featherfoot that can blood curse after rune of giants.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#212277hgg.253545.1a2a5575.11243a4a55.35.112a3146627585

you can just go with the littlesamson runecaster build. no linker in that one but good burst dps and a decent filler class like pyro with agny so as to do damage while ice wall and rune of ice is on cool down( this was reduced in the last patch)

I’m talking in party/team-play at this moment, ToS is:

• Daily saalus.
  • Doing ET/Fan.library with friend? (Or you just go make your own party to do it)
  • Farming material, item, exploring quest/map, etc.
    So why Chrono3 plus linker is better than linker3 (remember it’s my opinion):
    (1) First of all, I wanna say: rune caster bring nothing (significant) to your build except Rune of Giant in Balance talk, then you become tanky giant with x2 def running around and using skill.
    (2) Chrono3 offer Pass, reduce cooldown for all your party member. It also increases DPS of your party.
    (3) Besides that, chronomancer offer many utility: Stop, Haste, Quicken, slow (opitional!?), reincarnate, backmasking (it’s helpful in some case).
    (4) [quote=“husnimuhammadhusniba, post:3, topic:351457”]
    max link for joint penalty is just 5
    [/quote]

It’s fine, you can grab dandel gem for 6-target.

The thing you need to worry is Hangman’s knot reduce aoe defend, that’s why you use wiz3-linker and It lasts 2s all level.
(5) Where you can link 10 (11 with gem) monster?

• Dungeon: well it’s your place to shine.
  • ET: I think it’s just ok, not impressive.
  • Questing: more than enough, sometimes it’s helpful.
  • Farming material: maybe more than enough, up to your farming style.

I know littlesamson’s build is great, but I want to try Linker build. Also, are you okay with the 6s Rune Caster’s casting time?.

[quote=“Isuke_Shiro, post:5, topic:351457”]
(5) Where you can link 10 (11 with gem) monster?
[/quote]10, how?. Linker C1 can only link 5 monsters right?.

[quote=“Isuke_Shiro, post:5, topic:351457”]
The thing you need to worry is Hangman’s knot reduce aoe defend, that’s why you use wiz3-linker and It lasts 2s all level.
[/quote]I didn’t get this one, as far as I know Hangman’s knot reduce aoe defend of the monsters (attribute), not ours?

my build isnt meant for casting runes in combat. its casting runes outside of combat and then entering combat with rune of giants buff, so im fine with the 6 sec cast time.

the rune of giants buff will double your magic and physical defense for 150 seconds with cooldown of 120 seconds, this is more than enough time to do a lot of things while in giants buff.

In my opinion, rune of destruction and justice are a bit impractical without quick cast, so if you want to damage with those 2 skills, you must have wiz 3, and then you also have the problem of its cooldowns and how its not very fantastic damage. Even my blood curse+giants build can do more damage with it and have comparable cooldowns.

I think you misunderstand: I give this question for linker3

And, I mean the problem is Duration of debuff “reduce aoe defend” (ofc on monster) just lasts 2s, cannot increase. This debuff is why JP-hangman + MM become a combo so far

Iam playing on Indonesian server, so the RC’s buff is not implemented yet. So I need to wait until the updates arrive. And I just realized that after the buff, Rune of Giant is really great for wizard.

I get it now, thank’s for telling me, I didn’t know that

Also I hope they will add something to cancel Giant buff (for the user only), cause I think sometime it’s needed

there is. just click on the buff on top left

wait what?, when did they add it?. Also is it only works on Rune of Giant?

yes its been there for a while. you can cancel a lot of buffs like transpose, left and right arm or missile hole

wow didn’t know that, thank’s

wiz3 and chrono3 isn’t synergy

better pick wiz1 pyro1/cryo1 link2 for chrono instead of wiz3link1