Tree of Savior Forum

Help me with shadow/warlock

Yes! the hp really goes down with thorn. But ff’s would give more advantage to scratch in wl3

But we need to consider the cooldown aspect too, and thorn do better in this.

(Cesar here, I’m on my girlfriends account)

So, after Javier’s explanation I’m really considering to go with linker 3/rune in the place of elementalist. It seems to burst the dark attakcs more than ele3. The performance in boss will really be better, but, do you think that we still are able to do good in CM only with linked thorn, justice and destruction? The lost of dust, meteor and hail/electrocute seems to much to the skill cicles.

I was actually testing the build yesterday and it does well on my undergeared W2S2 with a few exceptions. The problem is that I seem to have difficulty with the rotation when trying to clear groups of mobs. Clearing mobs in 330dg is slightly more tedious since I depend on Joint Penalty to clear them efficiently. Compare this to my earlier build which used PKno3 instead of Link3 where I had no problems with AoE whatsoever. You can draw parallels for this experience with Ele3 which, similarly to PKno 3, possesses massive AoEs on demand.

Boss damage on the other hand is fine. Linker is a great help thanks to Spirit Shock and RoD. Although, I suppose I should have expected this since it’s technically a Shadowmancer build.

All in all, the build is okay, but a little cumbersome. The build is strong but “Burst”-y. There’s a short dead zone in the middle of the rotation when mobbing as you have to account for JP’s cd. I’ll test further, though. I wasn’t able to do CM while I was testing the build and the currently perceived “inefficiencies” might be specific to the fact that I was playing in an unorganized setting (330dg, HG, etc.)

I have a question, linker3 demands a spr build?

Sorry I didn’t note the names of the bosses :tired:
But I made sure I used the same pattern on them, so I could compare the difference in numbers.

1 Like

Overall according to mi formulas and numbers the difference in dps in order are something like this

1.-WL2-SM2
2.-WL3+RC
3.-WL3+FF1

Being the differences in % in DPS something like 2 doing 6-8% less dps than 1, and 3 doing 10-12 less dps than 1…

Overall not a big difference, and am glad that wiz DPS got a little more diverse :smiley:

1 Like

I cant see any SM c3 new skill?

You took the sum of the entire rotation? Have you done the same for lower ranks? I’m interested in just how big the difference is between Ele, Thaum and Lnk. With Ele you’re always doing damage while the latter would have gaps in the rotation. Though, I’m not quite sure how to compare them since the latter two don’t do damage but buff it.

No need. INT would be better for magic teams and the only real benefit from SPR on the above build would be higher damage from Spirit Shock. Since the SS attribute only increases its own damage based on SPR, you’re better off getting M.Atk from INT since none of the other skills benefit from SPR.

Although you should note that speccing into INT becomes less and less efficient as the level cap advances since INT adds a uniform amount of M.Atk. As a percentage of the total, every extra point of INT contributes less and less to the whole. Since the SP bonus from SPR improves as levels increase, you get more juice from a little bit of SPR but no damage. However, since you get SP, it makes casting more efficient in the long run. I made it a point to give my mage 100 SPR just for that. Doesn’t hurt either that Spirit Shock benefits from it.

This is mostly because SM3 is very niche. Not in terms of role but in terms of efficient builds.

The unique part about Infernal Shadow is that by all accounts the Shadow created is a “normal mob” that transfers 25% of its damage to its “body”. This means it has no link resistance, and is susceptible to debuffs but it has a few quirks that I personally don’t know of. For example I am unaware whether the shadow copies its source’s flying state, element and size. The last is especially important for size-based bonuses since Thaum can affect it. (If anyone does, please notify us) I think it takes on the unit’s element and size but I still have to check. The main thing about it is that it does no damage, as such it requires classes that can magnify or bypass that 25% or you would otherwise be doing a fourth of the damage you would do if you just attacked the body. AoEs are best but Linker is the most efficient since it adds ontop of that.

Thus, it is almost mandatory to have Linker and at least one of the major debuff classes aside from Linker since you can’t use Spirit Shock and Joint Penalty together. This would include Wiz3 (Lethargy), Thaum (Shrink Body), and, if permissible, Sorcerer (Desmodus will soon be giving a damage debuff for Summons to exploit) and Featherfoot. You could get around having Linker by using JP scrolls, but I don’t think it’s wise to rely on that.

As you can see, the requirements are rather strict and quite likely the best build to use it with would be the Lnk2>Thau3>SM3 (Full SPR) or Link2>Thau2>FF>SM3 (Full INT). But since Warlock variants seem to be doing very good damage on their own and have more flexible builds, they would likely be considered first before Shadowmancer3

1 Like

What i do is i take the formula dmg, use a standar 10k patk/matk(just for the sake of simplicity), run the skills vs velco def(36k), and get the dmg per hit, then i compare the total dmg of each hit (counting all OH) and divide it by de CD of each skill, that gives me a “DPS” number (completely arbitrary btw), but it serves to compare the “DPS” output of different class builds, kinda like power lvl :v

Now, for your question with thauma linker, ele is best dps in that slot, period. Specially if you consider the usual comp of velco with wiz that is:

Healer with bokor
2 ele-locks (now in r10 1 ele-lock with FF1 and other with RC in mi ideal idea :D)
1 falco with appra
1 buffer (wiz1-pyro1-linker3-thauma3-ench2)

That is mi ideal comp that reduce de mdef to at least 75%, not so sure how much mdef reduce the curse, am assuming at least 5% and am to lazy to get the correct number via formulas

Now, for the linker-thauma-WL, i wouldnt find it bad, it would be a hybrid of buffer with DPS, but if it were for me, i would go wiz2-linker3-RC-WL3-FF1, that would give you -40% mdef + curse (dunno how much)… Bear in mind that this build would be only useful for velco, due to it not being a proper DPS for CM and with the lack of thaumait would be a poor farmer…

With that said, i would stick with wiz3-ele3 together with either wl3-FF1, wl3-RC or wl2-sm2 (consume lots and lots of sp tho), and use a mdef comp for velco…

Wiz3-ele3-sorc1-wl2-ff1 or wiz3-ele3-wl3-ff1 with less dark element skill
I wonder if passive ff (double hit) will appear when using elemem skill?

As far as I know the attribute isn’t strong enough to build around. If memory serves you get about <10% chance to double hit from Kuradaitcha and the Kundela Slash attribute only affects itself.

Double hit attribute sync with shadow thorn u can get double

Ah. That attribute, the 2x Shadow Thorn is native to Shadowmancer, yes. I thought you were referring to the Kuradaitcha double hit attribute. You can get that 2x Shadow Thorn attribute from Shadowmancer c2. The passive 2x hit from Featherfoot is an entirely different thing and as I said, is simply too unreliable. In 1:42 of that video, the recorder states that the chance for the FF 2x attribute to trigger is simply too low.

You can also achieve the same effects as FF with wlk2/Shadow2 since you get Drain 5 which increases Dark-property damage by 1 + 0.1x(Skill level) and get a bunch of other attributes which are greatly beneficial to Shadowmancer.

Does the Warlock: Dark Attack attribute work for Shadowmancer’s skills? So all SM skills also get a 10% boost?

Yes it does give all dark skills 10%