Tree of Savior Forum

Help hunter build!

I’m leveling a new char now,this char will be: Archer 2 Hunter 2 Archer 3 Falconer Canooner.I’m going full pve with this one,and is it worth to level a hunter?I can use Falconer skills along with hunter skills? If hunter is not that good,which class should replace it?

Yes you can use falconer skills along with hunter’s, but if you wanna go for PVE I highly recommend that you do not go Hunter. The class is very buggy right now and should only be picked by those who actually like the class and do not care about being underpowered. Eventually they’ll fix the class so if you want you can just pick it and wait but you gotta keep it in mind that you’ll have to deal with the frustration that is to be a Hunter atm, working around the bad AI and other bugs til they actually fix it and make your life better. That’s what I meant with “only pick if you really like it”.

If you just wanna go mad at PVE and do not care about Hunter that much pick A1>R3>F3 instead or A1>R3>F2>M1/C1 if you wanna get the rank 8 classes (Musketeer and Cannoneer).

Check out this thread if you still have questions: [GUIDE] Archer Class Types

Hunter is more suited for pvp and as support class in parties. I am playing as a hunter myself these days, and I must say leveling it is kinda slow, mostly because the AI is bugged and u cant spam Coursing with other hunter’s skills 'cause the companion’s AI will die most of the time and you will need to change map, channel or relog to it work again. Leaving coursing at lvl 1 is mandatory until they fix the bugs because the companion doesnt know when the monster dies and will be fixed in one place until the end of the skill, trying to use another skill during this time will kill the AI.
Your damage will come mostly from Rush Dog (what is not great but not garbage too and has a small aoe area), but 30% of the time you will use it and nothing will happen because the companion will be too far away from the monster and it will go on CD anyway, so you must be sure of the distance between the companion and the monster.
Bossing with hunter is horrible, you cant count at all with your companion, Rush dog will most of the time attack traps, Coursing doenst work on them and Snatching is only viable if its a Flying boss (when it doenst try to snatch traps). Those are your only damage skills and they don`t work well on bosses(I am still C1 but I am almost sure neither retrieve works on them, if some other hunter can anwser this I will be glad)
I started this class because it looks fun to play with and I will be playing as a hunter until I decide what to do with my main character, I am aiming to become Hunter C3 because Growling seems interesting to control mobs too and I wanna test it. But if you just want to play with a good PVE class, you should choose another class. Though all the bugs, slow leveling, etc… I am actually having lots of fun playing as a hunter.

are u in c3 or c4 hunter ? and wich class u will pick later ?

I am A1>QS1>H1 and I will pick hunter 3 Scout 2 or Hunter 3 scout 1 Falconer 1. Its not for Pve solo at all, but that i think will be useful in parties when they fix the companion’s AI.