Tree of Savior Forum

Help! Hop 2 Cata 2 Dragoon. Viable?

as i said be4
maybe good for pve, not good for pvp
lancer is a pvp class, so taking it for pve isn’t really optimal imo not taking dragoon will just not be as good as other swordies who took swordsman c3 and dragoon at rank 7
in pve however it might work, it sems that the stats from finnestra and stabbing’s damage really makes the cata build great in pve, just dont expect to pvp with that.

As for pvp swordsman 2 hoplite 2 cataphract 3 lancer works well.

Dragoon too is tempting and good due to the + physical damage debuffs it offers on rank 2 but as for lancer we done know yet the scopes of the skills. Like the rumored dismount skill for mount users or a skill that destroys magic circle.

TL; DR in other words get cataphract 3 or reroll.

hoplite is not a pvp class, it doesn’t add anything to the pvp performance.
its just better to have a lvl 10 restrain.
dragoon c1 at rank 7 instead is just better, more CC and more damage.

It is too soon to say lancer will be useless in pve or only good at pvp. Even if lancer is a pure pvp class, its skills still can be good at pve

He want to make a pve build, guys
Pve or pvp, just make cata 3, he is good at both

Well the guy was planning to get cata2 and dragoon2 i dont think i can change his mind anymore by getting cata3 will be good in PVE.
but to make cata3 potentials be better in PVP it needs level 10 restrain to get as much stun to control the fight, please dont tell me level 10 restrain is not needed with rush.
And from all of this talking whom of you are cata with pelt? because it was his path, how could anyone just speculate anything if he doesnt have experience with it?

people who say that probably never played a swordsman c3.
still i dont like the idea, of taking a rank 6 class at rank 7. he just missed a rank. i’d reroll

restart character, also if you take advice from anybody in this topic, you will no doubt mess up your character again. i suggest you go read cathexis guide somewhere on the forums

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Cathexis’s guide is too old, many significant changes were made.

Skip trot as if there is any other better skill in this class, for a pve and pvp there is no reason not taking trot
if he is going pve, that just means he will get a lvl 10 doom spike and skip impaler. (although i still like using impaler even for pve, doom spike just seems better for pve purposes)

best answer ive seen,
why would you reroll all the time you discover a flaw to your characters path instead of continuing and filling it with a build that fix it. IMO reroll is freaking annoying like if your gonna do your quest again and grind as it is always.
You can just take the class that will enhance your current build.
What is more annoying is that most wrong build and idea came from those guide they say. That makes new players suffer the consequence of taking it.

1 Like

why not get a lvl 15 trot lvl15 earth wave lvl 10 doom spike and a lvl 5 rush for pve? whats wrong with that? where else will you spend your points from trot? impaler isn’t exactly a pve skill. or at least isn’t better than doom spike because of the higher cooldown.

It’s his decision by now, the best path if he’s still interested in hoplite and pelt while rerolling is:

Pelt>Hop>Cata3>Dragoon

Rush is really good in both pvp and pve. IMO it’s actually better than one cyclone, you can even move fast with it.

If he doesn’t want to and still insists on cata then cata 1 should be enough, take hop3 instead. But I’ve seen people hate cata 1 build themselves too, so that itself is a risk

so? he can get a lvl 10 trot, lvl 10 earth wave lvl 5 doom spike and still have 5 extra points for impaler. he’ll have all of his important skill AND trot with a cata c2.

He’s already at Hop2 - Cata1 so he just need to stop getting Cata2 and go with something else or go completely Cata3.
In term of PVE, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, whatever build will be okay as long as you feel good with it.
For your case, I feel comfortable with dropping at Cata c1 and go for something else. Come on people, it’s not that hard problem to solve.

Stead charge in pve is used to rescue your team mates, and yourself too!
Impaler is used to carry a run away mob, back to its destiny!

You are at rank 5, still early to reroll

If you think your build is beyond hope, abandon it. Don’t waste time + money to lvl the char to lvl 300~400 then realize your char is weaker than most of swordman fellows and you can’t fix your error. forever.

Don’t be afraid to reroll. Your char can be use as dungeon rusher, also increase your team level. It’s still early