Tree of Savior Forum

[Help] Farmer Wizard Build Path (guessing for Training Grounds & R8 content)

Hi! I need some advice in my build. I have a pyro2>link2>thaum1, and a way going to go thaum2>sage but I realized that I could cast swell body (lvl5) 2 times at the 8 linked monsters. So… I was thinking, Is it really necessary thaum2 in the build?

Can it be improved for Training Grounds & R8 content if i change to:
pyro2>link2>thaum1>warlock2
or
pyro2>link2>thaum1>pyro3>sage ?

Or is it better to stick with the original build?

Hi, what do you mean with cast swell body 2 times ? The duration its 10s, at lvl 5, you cant do it. If you wanna swell all the 8 linked mobs you have to be thauma c2 for swell lvl 10… Or you can just link 8 and swell 5, or take only linker c1, link 5 mobs and swell 5…
Hope it help anyway :blush:

Thx for the reply. I’m still noob at this game so i think i can mistake some mechanisms but… swell body have an overheat of 2 (or at least, yesterday when i tried the skill) so i can JP(lvl10)>HK>SB x2>FB.
In between of HK and SB sleep if it necesary.

Am i missing something?

Yes, has 2 overheat. You can swell twice.

Swell small => medium (doubled HP).
Swell medium => large (doubled HP again -> 4x HP).

or

Swell medium => large (doubled HP).
Swell large => maintain swell (no double HP).

1 Like

Thx for the reply.

So basically, its mere coincidence (and lucky) that I could swell 8 monsters. I retry it at home again (and again…) and its basically your answer, the skill overlaps on debuffed monster.

I think it depends on your preference. If you wanna maximize your silver gain while clearing dungeons much faster(lvl 145 Dungeon for example). As Pyro2>Link2>Thaum1(Currently lvl 180), I clear the 145 dungeon around ~40-45mins(waiting for swell body CD after double casting it on a mob of 8-10) and make about 450k-500. With Thaum 2, it could be done in less than 30mins and gain 600k+ per clear.

As for your question with the current end game content, with Thaum2>Sage with Agni + Karacha/Arde/Small Cristalas , you get lvl10 Swell Left Arm + lvl5 Swell RIght Arm + Micro dimension. I don’t have much end game experience so I’m not sure if this build could sustain R8 content.

I suggest checking this guys videos. He easily solo’s dungeons as p2>l2>thaum2>sage:

1 Like

Original build can solo R8 content but need some items for dmg

Please don’t make a claim if you haven’t actually tested it : ( Swelling the mob a second time will refresh the buff duration and increase its size again if it’s not Large-sized yet, but it won’t double the HP a second time. HP is maintained.

Everything else said about Thau here is about right, though. Take it if you want to be able to swell faster for silver/exp/drops, but it’s also perfectly fine to leave it at C1 if that’s all you want it for. You just won’t be able to swell as many at a time compared to C2, and the debuff will be shorter.

This doesn’t happen anymore?
(Hp below 100% gets increased twice).
251 -> 2.5k -> max HP (4.8k).

Yes, my old thaum is deleted, rip.

All thaums I used to party - when they swell S size mob twice below 100% HP they all regen to full HP. Or visual glitch to me.

Also if you let debuff expire -> re-swell => regain HP again. :confused:

Idk why use Swell 2 times if the loot and xp will be increased only one time. Live dangerously against 4x hp mobs?

Belatedly—no.

Normal (S):

Swell x1 (M):

Swell x2 (L):

So everyone can stop saying that you get 4x HP mobs with a double swell now.

2 Likes

Also, I’d like to correct that video commentary:

The shiny status never disappears but if you change the color of a monster with any skill the color won’t be restored to the old color (all status are still there).

Double swell changes monster size only as people already talked about.

Extra tip: There’s no 4x drop, even with Doppel’s DPE. You can consider it pretty much something like:

If Swell Body and/or DPE are present -> double drop.
Else (none of these buffs) -> normal 1x drop.

Extra tip 2: You can cast Swell Body on an almost dying monster, it takes around <1s to get the HP adjusted, if you kill it in the time window before the HP goes up you’ll get 2x drop, but the timing is too short to be reliable.

1 Like