Tree of Savior Forum

Help a Newbie Out!

Hi, guys! I’m brand new to ToS. I’m trying to put together a build for myself. I want to get to 50 asap so I can do the wedding event quest and get a costume! :stuck_out_tongue: I know the game is very grindy. So, I want a support-friendly build that I don’t mind killing monsters with by myself. I threw together a tentative build on the skill simulator that I’d like for you all to help critique. I based this off of researching other builds, but I know it’s not perfect. I am, after all, a noob right now!

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/xgy4a6t7dt/

What can I change to make better? I want to keep some support features but not go full-support as I solo a lot. I want to actually enjoy killing monsters by myself sometimes. So, I thought backmask would be good to rez allies in the future. I scrapped lifeline on link3 so I wouldn’t have to go full CON and substituted it with sage Missle Hole. Can I go full INT on this build with just a little CON? Any thoughts?

Thanks! <3

In all honesty, I don’t suggest that build for solo play, you will find yourself doing basic attacks often since you barely have offensive skills, if you want a support char that can pack a punch, then I suggest you take out Chrono and go with Linker 2 > Thauma 3 > Sage/Enchanter.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21377aaae.12233545.253545.11243a4a55.1f253a6a75.1131455385

I made that one with sage at the end, personally I would go with SPR instead of INT but you can go with INT, take 1 point from either Swell or Shrink Body and put in Transpose in case you need to sit by a fireplace (it make the HP recover faster).

Also, if you don’t bother much with farming and want a support for killing stuff, invert the points from Swell to Shrink Body.

If anyone else have an input for this would be appreciated.

Ok, cool. I’m not opposed to this. Can I switch out cryo with anything?

Actually, what about this build I found pre-made?

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/nc1zp7sy3n/

It looks way cool :open_mouth: It also keeps the chrono/sage path which I kinda found appealing. It just says it’s not updated for the newest patch. I don’t know what changed with that, so is this one still an option? x)

You can, it’s not a problem, you will have a bit more of matt since you will have an extra buff from Enchant Fire.

Just reminding you again, you can go either SPR or INT, all the buffs get benefit from both stats, but don’t mix them, it’s a bit of a waste doing that imo.

Also, about that build you showed me, don’t use it, it’s outdated, it’s from before the changes, Fireball is not what it was used to be, so many don’t even pick Pyro anymore just because of that skill.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21222888e.12233545.2f3f5a65.1f21314c5a6175.1131455385

I remade it.

1 Like

Thanks for taking so much time to help me! I will try your remade build. I saw a build that was the same except that it replaces pyro with cryo, and I like the idea of cc and an ice mage, but since I’m soloing a lot, I think that maybe replacing it with pyro will work better for me and killing monsters! And with this build, I can still help out a party some. Thanks a lot! <3

For CC Cryo is the best, they decreased the CD of Frost Pilar, and you can use Snow Rolling to cause damage while holding the enemies.

I have a Cryo 3 RC Sorc 3 and it’s freaking awesome, just waiting for the kTest update come to us to increase a bit more the damage of the summons.

You can deploy Ice Wall and use Gust to blow 3 rolls of shards per cast while pushing enemies to the wall and freezing them, you can also use Ice Blast to blast the walls and it does splash to nearby enemies causing some damage (I don’t recall if it does freeze right now).

Have fun with the game, take easy while playing and try to catch all the stuff you might discover while playing.

1 Like

full support cryo3chrono3sage gameplay

this build can solo everything (not dungeon which better using queue)

1 Like

I think many builds are okay include the one you posted, but I rather want to know what is your expectation until lv330.
The build you posted is more supportive and hardly solo quest, but I think since nowadays many pardoner shop started give 2k-3k blessing, questing is not a big issue.

What are end game contents that you like to enroll, such as Earth Tower, Materials Grinding, High End Equipment farming and such.

Do you intend to solo quest alone (enroll in the game story) or just enroll in Dungeon/Mission to grind level.

@nightrain_scy I want to support, but I don’t want to support so hard-core that I can’t kill mobs alone if I have to. This is my very first character. So, I don’t know very much about ToS yet and how end game works. I love dungeon ques. I love PvE content like quests. I don’t mind just grinding, either. I don’t really PvP often. I usually roll clerics but thought the idea of a support mage was really cool and different. I want to be off-support. Ya know, not your healer, but still useful to parties. So, I’m kinda wanting support mage all the way as far as I can tell. ^.^ I could rez and cut cool times with chrono, toss in dmg mitigation from sage, and yet still be able to quest/grind alone if I can’t find a party with either pyro/cryo. That’s my goal at least! x) I’m a newby noob to ToS lol. Still learning ^.^

@Planeptune Thanks for the video! I may actually go for cryo instead of pyro. =) It seems to be the more popular choice. Haha, the snow ball looks fun, too. Not to mention, the person in the video doesn’t seem to struggle without a party (which is what I was mainly worried about). I’ve been playing around with both at circle 1 in the game. I think the video solidified my choice. x’D

I would say that as concern as supporting, I recommend for 2 builds.

Cryo3Chrono3Sage will give you the best satisfaction in supporting due to the speed it can clear mobs intense content. I think you shouldn’t worry much about questing, or you can buy some Pole Of Agony scroll in assist.

Pyro1Link3Thaum3 will give you ability to solo all quests slowly but great satisfaction in supporting, the damage boost is very obvious especially in nowadays DG290 mostly are undergeared alts.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the help, everyone!

I chose Cryo3Chrono3Sage. =)

If you’re on Klaipeda, add me as a friend!
(Team Name: Yimy) :cherry_blossom: