Tree of Savior Forum

Having issues deciding which Cleric class to do

I was thinking Chaplain because I want to do Damage as well as have some support but my main focus is damage.

All cleric class can do some damage and support. Only Monk is heavy on damage and Oracle is heavy on support.

If you want damage focus - pick STR or INT (melee whacking vs magic casting)
STR: Monk/Paladin
INT: Krivis-Druid

Cleric class in ToS is not your healer who can’t do much, they can attack and support one way or another.

DPS classes you can get are: Chaplain, Monk, Druid, and Diev. They will all have some support in them because all clerics can support to some degree. Paladin is not really a DPS class. Yes, you can build it like a DPS class, but its damage output is meh. It’s really more of a hybrid support/dps class.

Chaplain/Monk are good builds for AA damage. Chaplain will be more supportive.

There are a lot of different INT based DPS builds. Pick a class you like and build around it.

Pretty much no matter what, you’re either going to have two ranks of Cleric or three ranks of Priest. As long as you’ve got that, you’ll have enough healing to get by.

What is a typical Monk vs Chaplain what are benefits and negatives

what are the two better casters? pros cons

@kivanathos

check the skill list and see how they generally do.
There’s no real ‘typical’ because everyone got their own special build, but Monks pretty much use skills to deal damage, chaplain holds the z button and do offensive buffs. There’s no ‘better’ - and you will have to at least make two class choices - one for the low ranks and one for the high ranks. INT magic DPS just come in a lot of variety. The common one is Krivis/Druid.

For example builds see

Clerics in this game are really versatile so if you’re looking for 2-3 builds that everyone uses, you’ll have a hard time.
There’s really only one class that has ‘typical’ build - Chaplain needs Priest3. That’s all. But that’s more of a requirement not a build.

Pick an r4/r5/r6 class and we can help guide you how to get there (e.g. Druid, Monk, Paladin, Sadhu)
Or a playstyle, melee vs magic casting. If it doesn’t suit your playstyle, either you won’t like it or you’ll be bad at it.