Tree of Savior Forum

Having a hard time trying to figure the best build

Well I’m never trully satisfied with the build I chose, and I’m always rerolling a new wiz… RIght now I was trying to decide between Cryo3 and Kino3

Was planning on going Cryo3Chrono3 or Kino3Chrono3 (but this one lacks sage)

Kino have a lot of CC and skills to bring the monsters together, which I think it’s awesome, and can deal a chunk lot of AoE damage

Cryo has the frost tree, and other shenanigans

Which do you guys think is the most useful for party play?

2 of them provide total different play:

Cryo3Chrono3Sage

1. Missile Holes is extremely important in any high level map especially some dungeon quest like Tehvin.
  2. Cyro3 you can cast and go, Kino you need fix casting and lost the freedom to perform more things.
  3. Cryo’s many skills CD are reduced so it is very good now.
  4. Better performance in ET
  5. Grinding to lv310+ is hell without committed friend, prepare many speakers to lead a party.

Kino3Chrono3

1. Finding a safe spot to cast CC might not that easy in high level map (instant spawn and etc)
  2. Lack of flexibility to do more things.
  3. There is lack of AoE classes (Elememe/SR/Dopple only) which linker is better to chunk lot of AoE damage.
  4. Great in PvP/GvG
  5. Eventually you will bored with the pressing down the key and wait for 10seconds, but it enough to have easy life until rank7 (lv226), afterward the damage fall off unless you gemmed your weapon or transcend it a bit with some good eq.

Pyro1Linker2Chrono3Sage

1. Most useful build in general like Questing, Farming and Grinding, greatly boost party efficiency in almost everything compare to Cryo3.
  2. Second only to Cryo3 in ET but yet far from impressive.
  3. Agny saved your life until early rank8, if no agny the damage only viable until rank5-6?

So, what kind of party play you want do the most?

1 Like

Wow that was just awesome!
Isn’t Link Chrono too much support and lack in damage?

I think Pyro1 with Agny Necklace with deal more damage than Kino3,
due to if you link 6 mobs to 1 fireball, and if all 6 monsters are in fireball range, each of them receive x6 damages.
This pyro1-linker2-chrono3 with agni enough to get you to rank8 (lv276), but since there pyro1 damage would become not viable afterward due to huge spike of R8 contents.

But, if you want ability to solo as well as good in party after rank8, I think Pyro3>Linker2>Chrono1>Sage is great too.
Then without Chrono3 (Pass/Haste), it is not that good in ET or any intense mobs content party play like saalus/uphill defense/fantasy library, etc

1 Like

Getting chrono1 is completely useless. Stop-Degen magic combo is fixed on kToS and can come here any moment. Even thauma1 is better here, but I would take necro1(for double decay from shoggoth and other skills, so archers deal 3x damage), or link3.

1 Like

Indeed it is if other class, but lets think it other way and not Pyro+Linker.
I mean, Fireballs/Firewalls are skill that able to “wait”, with stop I can solo lv290+ quest boss easily with easy deployment of all my skills, fireballsx2>micro dmenasion>firewalls>firepillars>flameground on same spot, and then when the stop is done an inferno is awaiting.
Moreover, Missile Holes + Stop will grant invincible in doing any quest, reincarnate is good for mission and farming.

One of my most frustration issue when playing pyro is that I constantly kiting and lack of buffer time to strategize my skills deployments, with Chrono1 Stop it solve the problem and able to turn into a more efficient damage output.

Whatever, the rank7 for Pyro3>Link2 is really open and really up to you. Chrono1 is more for solo/party, questing and quest boss killing

1 Like

By the time he gets chrono1, we already receive the fix, so targets will actually be immune to any damage in Stop. Even ff1 is a good choice, so you can decay any high hp-mdef target to 3% hp within 25 seconds.
Or, necro1 is also good because of the Dirty Pole, which is immortal but still targetable by link, so you can put all your magic on it, and link the targets and run around.

How long does IMC usually takes to bring the ktos patch?

Anyway, the main point of Pyro3 is to deal damage after stop, not during stop.
The other option you mentioned are great too, ff/necro are valid filler as well.

like 3 month, it has been mentioned somewhere, it is not IMC decision, it is kTOS policy, like they want to have some stuff long enough for testing and for exclusivity

1 Like

I was thinking about Link2Chrono3
Isn’t it too much of a support build??

Another question I have is, is Cryo3 useful in late content?

Cryo3

• Able to absorb large pool of monsters and hold them for 6-8s
  • Good for AoE classes
  • No limit number as long as they are in range
  • CD 35s
  • Best in Earth Tower (most intense monsters group in game)

Linker2

• Able to chain up to 8 monsters and share damage
  • Synergy well with many skills especially pyro
  • Good for any ST/AoE classes, but there are small number of monster resist link (1 type of monster in every map since 275)
  • CD 22s
  • Best in Level Grinding/Item Farming/Questing 90% general content

I mean both also doing good in any situation, depend which area you are specializing.
But the 1 with linker2 surely getting much easier progress to level300+

1 Like

There is never a best build.
As the new content, new gears, new monsters, new buffs/debuffs, class rebalances, etc… comes out, the current ‘metas’ could change drastically.

Pyro was nothing until the Agny necklace and now everyone is going pyro.
There are plans for more elemental necklaces too.

AFK sorcs were a thing until it got nerfed and then it became AFK necros.

Heck, just play as you like.
Everybody gets IMC’ed.

So far, having chrono3 in your build seems futureproof as it is awesome utlilty. Haste and pass are just must haves. Quicken is nice, but everyone wants to run faster and spam more skills.

1 Like