Tree of Savior Forum

Have a floor indicator for AOE and other skills

When I AOE skill like Earthquake on the Wizard class it would be nice if we can see where the Earthquake is landing on the floor with an area indicator.I know that the Earthquake skill,Ice Pike and etc lands in front you but I would still like to see the area of the skill.I don’t mind if I have to activate the skill two times to go off like for example Ice Wall.Because we actually don’t know how big the area of the skill is.

Furthermore, as a Dievbirbys when craving the Owl Statue it would help to know how your placing the statue before craving it.The other statues obviously doesn’t matter what direction you set it up but the Owl Statue does matter because it only attacks from the front.

4 Likes

This of course would help you casting your skills and develop a feeling for your ranges. It would improve thr fighting system and would make it more skill(of the player) oriented.

Alex

I disagree; there is no player skill involved if you are shown where your skill is going to land - you can only speak of player skill if you learn where it lands yourself.

As for the OP suggestion, if you already know earthquake lands in front of you, you should have also noticed the Owl statue will face the same direction your character is facing when carving it - which makes sense, because it’s an attack skill.

I wouldn’t want EQ to be activated like firewall, because it’s an immediate hit attack and the casting time is slow already. Fire/Icewall is a bit different, since you can place it in different forms, requiring that second step.

Maybe due to the beta but I found very little is of a player skill. I saw ppl literally run up to a monster, thus facing him, and yet cast a skill for which their character like some crazy person would turn away and cast it behind. Not all the time, but I felt very chaotic. If the landmark would show it would prevent ppl from losing unnecessarily their mana.

Eh, I think this was a problem with mouse mode. If you were playing with mouse mode, you had to move your mouse towards the enemy in order to cast the skill. This was something that wasn’t explained in the beginning of the game and thus I had this issue as well until I learned how the skills worked in mouse mode.

This is both an advantage and a detriment because you are able to cast skills in any direction without moving or turning by just moving your mouse to the enemy’s spot and just casting your skill which auto turns your character to your mouse. An issue with this skill however is that I’m fairly certain even people who knew this messed up because the Party box and the quest box messes up your direction of cast making it so that it faces directly opposite of where you were trying to point :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh I see, I wasn’t aware of that. This is actually a good thing to know, thank you for posting!!!