Tree of Savior Forum

Hangman knot + swell body question

Im making a character for farming that uses linker2>thauma2. If you dont know of this combo, pretty much you link the mobs, hangman knot, swell, then kill to get double items and xp.

Ive been testing it out in the 50 dungeon and it seems like it doesnt work properly. Ill swell 5 mobs and only 2 extra silver pieces come out. Is this just a visual bug? If not, is this working as intended?

I heard you get 75k on a full run of the 50 dungeon. Each time i do a run i come out with 100k. Do you actually get 50k on a run normally?

Its got me wondering because if im only getting the benefit from 2 mobs out of 5 and a normal run is 75k then that means it would come out to 100k. 75*1.4=105

So is it bugged? Is it actually 50k on a full run? Working as intended? let me know if you do. Thanks.

What level is your swell body? It has a target (and AoE ratio) limit.
Some mobs don’t drop silver.

Level 5 because im only circle 1 thauma right now.

If you swell 5 mobs, you should get all 5 mobs to drop more silver.
Some mobs won’t drop silver (starting silver = 0). If they do not drop silver, you won’t get 2x silver (2 times 0 silver still 0).
The only way to check is to have an oracle.

For example the level 130 dungeon legwyn family dungeon big mobs (glizardon) do not drop silver.

I don’t know which lvl 50 dungeon mobs don’t drop silver.

1 Like

Maybe thats what it is. Only 2 silver extra silver pieces drop becaus only 2 of them drop silver. Also sometimes they resist the swell debuff which could make the numbers off. Thank you.

This combo is actually a little more difficult to pull of than i thought it would be. The mobs dont always do what i want it to and the links do strange things sometimes. Whoever masters this deserves double silver imo. I dont have wiz3 though so maybe thats why.

Ok so i did some more testing.

I ran it again on a different character and probably 90% of the mobs dropped silver. I did 2 runs. First run gave me 67k silver and the second gave me 64k silver. Boss dropped like 4k silver and that cant be swelled so we will round it to all the mobs other than boss dropping 60k silver.

Now, i know i said i made 100k my wizard run, but it was more like 94k. So 90k from the mobs in dungeon.

So my results didnt help me answer my question. That was 50% gain when 2/5 is 40%.

So its possible that 50% of the mobs in the dungeon resisted the swell and i didnt realize it. Also a few times i couldnt get the combo down properly.

Ill have to level up some more and when i start farming 145 dungeon ill come back here if the results are strange.

Monsters can resist the Swell Body with their SPR stat.