Tree of Savior Forum

Gun and Crossbow

Hi, new player here.

I’m currently doing a build for Falconer. I have a bow set up and a right now I have a gun and crossbow set up.

My question is basically, do I actually benefit from having a pistol in my sub weapon slot, even though I have no skills that specifically use pistols? Does it affect the stats of me shooting the cross bow, even though there is no animation for firing the gun?

Falconer usually gets 2H bows for higher base dmg…

Pros of using xbow+offhand:

1. Have more slots for gems. Red gem on offhand adds patk to primary and secondary attack. This can compensate a part of the missing dmg between xbow and 2h bow. Or you can add green gems for alot of more crit rate.
  2. Offhand itself often has some additional lines, like crit rate, ele atk and stat (STR, Dex…). These additional effects are still added to your xbow attack.
  3. Incase u want to be more tanky, you can use shield instead of dagger or pistol. Gems on shield have the same effect as on dagger or pistol.
  4. Xbow and offhand require fewer shards to get the same transcend level compared to 2h bow. However u dont need to transcend/enhance your offhand unless it is shield.

You benefit from gun since you can equip 1-3 green gems to boost your critrate.
2handed bow is a big nono for me personally, since it disables you from switching to crossbow+shield in case of emergency.

If you plan to main the character, getting a shield as a subweapon additionally to the crossbow and pistol is a really clever idea, since you can make use of your CON to block attacks and use the extra CON of e.g. Lionhead Shield to increase the recovery rate of HP potions!

That’s why the general idea of Crossbow+gun is better imo.

2handed bow isn’t really needed unless you want to progress towards Mergen C1 at Rank 9, so better get a cheap Manamana or the Pevordiwhatever Pistol from HG.

Thanks for the answers everyone! Sounds like it’ll be worth keeping the Crossbow and pistol around. Right now my set up is 2 hand bow and crossbow+pistol. But I may set it up to be Crossbow and Shield and Crossbow and Pistol in lieu of everyone’s advice.

Really helpful, thank you!