Tree of Savior Forum

Guild VS Guild (War) - Reward System

I’m sure you’ll make up some excuse like “oh but they haven’t actually GvG yet” or such anyway but here’s a guild aiming to do GvG,
in iToS,
without this suggested reward system:

As i’ve stated before, i’m the leader of a big guild, we will be GvGing. And still i would like to see some reward system added to it. You are either a troll or trying really hard not to understand anything at all. There are people that will like this suggestion and people that wont, as i said before, i’m fine with criticism when there’s some logic behind it, which you clearly lack in each of your arguments… So whatever you say, i don’t think anybody cares anymore :wink:

I said it’ll get abused.
You said other games have similar system and that it does get abused.

I believe I’ve also said on why suggestions like ‘just limit how much points they can get’ doesn’t solve the issue.

So what have I not shot you down yet? Feel free to reminds me.
Or if you’ve truly stop caring then feel free to not reply.

Shoot me down? You’ll need valid arguments for that, lmao. Just go troll someone’s elses thread, i wont repeat my point anymore, i’m convinced that you’re just an ignorant person. Not that i care tho, that’s your problem :wink:

I’m just glad that everyone else that commented so far knows better and do have some constructive criticism! But well, if you want to believe in this:

While the game is still in Beta and clearly the devs didn’t finish the GvG system, go ahead, nobody cares really.

I’ll just wait and see if some smarter people comment like the ones who did before you :smiley: peace!

Or you’re afraid that I’m right.

For someone who claims he doesn’t care, you sure seem to like replying to me.

Can you please read his previous posts. There is also a high chance you didn’t read or have forgotten them with such an answer. Yes he said all those, so there is no reason for him to repeat himself.

Your arguments are bad. I am already expecting your next post to be something already said.

Once again since as it seems you forgot this as well. Stop talking on this something that doesn’t concern GvG Suggestion. And no need to repeat yourself, we all read and can reread your previous posts.

I wish there was a way to ban a person from posting on this topic since all of your answers BESIDES THE VERY FIRST ONES on this thread are off topic.

I really appreciate your ideas that you shared with us, no reason to argue over non topic related stuff. Make a chat room if you have such concerns.

Edit: If you replay on this with something non GvG suggestion related, it will show how ignorant you are and do not read previous posts. Also if you post 1 more thing off topic related I will draw a Staff attention on this and your comments. Stop arguing, this is my last warning.

Yeah yeah, whatever you say kiddo.

Forgotten them, hence the request.
Is there really no need for him to repeat himself? I have repeat my own statement constantly:

This very much concern his suggestion, which, I’LL REPEAT, he admitted similar system existed in other games and that they DO get abused.

The suggestion I remembered is limiting how much points can be earned in a period of time. But that only puts a limit of how much they farm before stopping rather than preventing them from abusing it.
If there are others suggestion I forgot, I asked that he pointed out, and he just simply called me a troll and dismiss it because what? That I am apparently a troll because I am not convinced his suggestion won’t get abused?

And you bash me for being offtopic, and your post is about bashing me and NOT discussing the suggestion itself.
Now who’s the one NOT discussing here?

Oh btw, I guess you weren’t serious when you said:

Just because you want to repeat yourself over and over it doesn’t mean we will be doing it. We are smarter than that, we can actually scroll up and re-read things. We already stated more than one way to prevent abusing, you just don’t want to read it, so whatever. You’re just talking about nonsense at this point.

@Staff_Julie Can you please look up on his posts in this thread? Many of them are repetitive, off topic, aggressive, rude, provoking, disturbing. I gave him warnings but he ignored them all.

Some examples of his posts:

Offensive:

Provocative:

Off Topic:

Very well, if you want to get into the guideline, let me also quote this:

Personal attack on me and degrading my opinion (which you’ll say something like “it’s nonsense anyway”)
(and also an off topic post)
If you just want to make staff notice my post, simply flagging + giving reason would do enough, but that you decide to make it a post would make it an open attack against me.

So let me recount, the suggestions I remember on ‘preventing’ the abuse and why it doesn’t really work to prevent it:

1. Limit the amount of points per period - only limits how long they’ll farm the point for (the periodic cap), not prevent the action itself.

2. Prevent a guild from declaring war on the same guild again for X period of time, that’d prevent 2 rival guilds from constantly being in state of war (I’m pretty sure the Giltine guild plan to do that) so you’re hurting legitimate GvG guild as well.

3. Make the items account/character bound - again, just limit how much they do it (til they get the item they want), not prevent it. Also once the guilds got all the items they want they lose the incentive to do GvG so you’re back to the pre-reward state where only guilds that want to do GvG for the PvP do it.

@kristipomo @wyrmplays @rofldat

It seems like everyone had a share of their opinion here. If you’re unable to convince each other, there’s no issue with that, but it looks like this has turned into a constant relay of disagreeing with each other.

This argument was rather mild so I’d just like to kindly request that everyone stop commenting on each other’s interpretation of text from this point on.

You could’ve ripped each other apart using nasty terminology, but you didn’t, and I really appreciate the effort everyone made to keep the discussion from going extreme.

If you feel you’ve been wrongly dismissed, please send me a private message.

Thank you.

2 Likes

As requested i’ll not bother with it anymore nor make the discussion any longer. Please allow me to take a step back and apologize for it. I didn’t think it was necessary for a staff member to be bothered with this, but then again, thank you @kristipomo for calling it out and thank you @Staff_Julie for being so responsive!

I’ll just wait up for new comments on the topic, i’m glad it has not been closed because of that argument :smiley:

2 Likes

I didnt read any comment to this thread, but a reward system for that would be more as shitty !

We have 2 guilds and could ez farm rewards …

• Titles
  • Companions (Maybe Companion Skins?)
  • Armbands (That’s a visual item)
  • Hats
  • Hairstyles / Hair Colors
  • Class-Specific Costumes
  • Guild Tower Customization (Appearance of the Guild Tower)

farming custom items? lol

1 Like

Thankfully somebody understood that farming it wont change anything at all…

Thanks @ralf_lopes

1 Like

I think before any discussion of rewards for GvG the mechanics should be flushed out first.

• Guild Towers 24/7 vulnerability needs to change. It’s pretty ridiculous to have to man a guild tower 24/7 to prevent it from being destroyed. Many towers can just be destroyed virtually undefended.

• Access to “enemy” guild tower requirement in order to declare/withdraw from war. What happens if your guild destroys and enemy tower but now have made peace with the enemy guild. You would have to wait 24hrs for them to rebuild it and hope they trust you enough to let you know where their new tower is. This needs to change; maybe a better implementation via guild interfaces or something. This feature should be an available option by right click of an enemy character sprite or a guild list interface.

• It’s also ridiculous to have to search every map for an “enemy” guild tower; ain’t nobody got time for this. Either have all guild towers show up as an icon on the large map or remove it from the GVG mechanics completely but keep for guild administrative purposes.

• Unbalanced GvG/PvP … like I don’t even know where to begin…

Lastly, Ragnarok Online did it right with War of Emperium … a setting dedicated to GvG, etc. something that was key to it’s success and ToS should adopt in a similar fashion. Let’s be real, most of the RO fanboys that came back playing this is because of the hope for WoE. But before that can happen, some serious optimization work needs to be done because as it stands, the FPS drop in GVG is virtually unplayable.

1 Like