Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

Thanks a lot for the info! One more question, is Double Pay Earn for Doppel useful? Does seem like useful to me since it’s not 2x exp and drop rate for a duration but just n number of hits and the cooldown is about a minute. Would you suggest taking Mordschlag instead?

Thank you very much for the detailed response. I think I will end off with doppel due to the much needed DPS. Double Pay Earn also makes it extremely tempting to take over the other builds suggested. I know stat allocations should be based around what I need, but would the sword>paltc2>rodc2>fencer>doppel build generally want a high dex build or a high str build?

If you go full/heavy con, then cloth is better, otherwise plate is your best friend.

That’s another reason why there are so much full CON wizards over there.

It is difficult to say if it is useful or not.

It is nice to have and you most likely be using it frequently when it is out of cooldown, but overall it is not making a big short term difference, it requires a lot of time of use to consider it useful.

And no, I would still take it over Mordschlag since it is mainly a level 1 utility skill, unless it was a heavy PvP build then I could see a case being made for maxing out Mordschlag instead.

You most likely want a heavy DEX/CON build, with a little bit of STR.

Get like 40~50 STR on your early levels, after that you go with full DEX/CON and once you reach rank 7 you can decide if you would like to add more STR to your build or not.

It’s not for duration because it’s single target. So you would rather use it just before the boss is dead to get double loot out of it. Also you get the benefits even if someone else killed the boss.

For solo play I’d suggest level 2 or 3 since it may be hard to calculate damage so it will kill the enemy for sure, while calculating for 2-3 hits is much easier. More than 3 levels is a waste of points IMO, but if you are getting doppel1 only, then you have nothing better to invest.

I have a feeling that DEX is more profitable early on. I’ve levelled 3 swordies already, 1 high, 1 pelt and 1 sw3, with high and pelt going dex while sw3 going str and 2 former felt much better. Maybe it’s just an illusion, but at lower level you need much less dex to get high crit chance, so you will crit like 70% of times with it. STR becomes more useful closer to rank5 or so, so it’s the best time to invest in STR.

But it’s just my feelings, I have no thorough research behind them, and 3 characters is not enough to make a final conclusion, since they all are quite low level.

I’ve made a high DEX monk as well, but monk has monstrance, so it’s slightly different story and it benefits from DEX much more. With 1:2 ratio I can pretty much tank bosses in missions with only 30 CON on level 200+, as they miss like 70-80% of attacks.

The problems occure only when bosses are like 15+ levels above me, as they start to hit much more often (with like 30% dodoge chance only).

Early game is when STR has the most impact because of the low HP of the mobs. Then it plateaus for quite a while until more Ranks are acquired (or something like Deeds of Valor).

I think DEX is/could better if you go with something like Highlander, but for Peltasta going with STR is the best way to rush and get to Rank 3 fast.

At least that is my experience leveling 11 Swordsman characters through early levels, most of them being Peltasta.

Could also be my perception of the game or my playing style, but I think it is faster this way.

@Cathexis Forgive me :stuck_out_tongue:
but-

“HEY CATHEXIS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY BUILD!? :D”

(sorrunotsorry)

1 Like

Don’t just like the post!
I was being completely serasu! :0

1 Like

Lol. Uuuh, 10/10?
Is this for PvE too?
Are you anticipating the possible Barbarian buffs?

Your skills are pretty much perfect, the only changes that could be made are based on stylistic preferences. For example, choosing Doppel instead of Fencer C2 (but I imagine this is a thematic build too, because of the name), or perhaps skipping Bash and Thrust since it is mainly for PvE and you could get Pain Barrier maxed out instead, but it is not anything major.

1 Like

Tks a lot @kiby_devine for the question! I have exactly the same doubt since i dropped my arde as well.

Thank you even more @Cathexis for the answers! I follow your guides since iCBT and my decisions were much easier to make. Just one question though. Since i was running full STR for my hop3>dop>drg, how would be an adapted stat alocation for the hoplite c2 >corsair c2 > drg or dop?

Today, im like 9:1:1 / STR:CON:DEX , lvl 118.

What do you think? Thanks since now.

Is this a thing?..
No i just got to lvl 200 and felt like Highlander was trash as it didnt cover any of Fencer’s weak points.
so i re-rolled… ironic right?..

Im just a girl who loves the fencer class. <3

Eh, the whole thing was mainly pve to begin with, but i was thinking of dropping Bash and Thrust for PB once i got Seisem
but at the same time, i don’t think an extra 4 seconds is going to change a whole lot

Update: Level 217 / 13

Without Finestra

With Finestra

Special thanks to:

@Cathexis

I think you will need more DEX on the long run, check @Endurance’s post just right bellow, that is a pretty good distribution for your stats (but you can add more CON, that is depending on preference and whether or not you will do PvP with your character).

Not even with Cross Guard?

What do you think are the main factors that made you feel the need to re-roll and that perhaps Barbarian could help patch? Which weakness are you mainly trying to cover?

And yeah, the 4 extra seconds on Pain Barrier don’t change much, but I feel it is more frequently used compared to Bash overall, so it just another option. Either way is pretty much the same, at least for PvE.

That is looking great!

What are you planning to do for the rest of your levels? And how do you feel with your progress so far?

And I didn’t do much, that is all you. Congrats on the good progress, you should be Rank 7 fairly soon.

Cross Guard is pretty much the only way to somewhat reliably increase your damage, but it will only be if and when you can block an attack, which isn’t always the case even while stacking STR.

So I think that Barbarian might be the better option because its skills can cover Fencer’s weaknesses pretty well with Frenzy/Warcry and Seisem.
That’s the low STR and Mobbing problems pretty much covered, even if only for a short time.
But neither side can increase your dmg for an extended amount of time.

Highlander is limited by stagger only lasting 8s with atributes, and Barb is limited by its HUGE CDs

And armor break seems to be completely useless, it would probably be better if i weren’t stacking STR through…
But it probably still would not make THAT MUCH of a dmg difference honestly…

As we previously deduced, it seems the only ways to reliably increase Fencer’s overall dmg is probably a high STR build picking up Doppel at rank 6 and waiting untill 7 to get Fencer (or vice versa)

But Im not sure if this is what i want to do because Im more or less 100% certain that Matador will be a Rank 8 or 9 and round out Fencer.
Seeing as Real life Matadors are Agile, Rapier wielding, Bull fighters that specialize in lockdown and thrusting techniques which MOST of fencer’s skills are named after anyway…

So If IMC researches them like they have done with every other class, then this screams
“Rapier class, with hard CC and/or mobbing and more beneficial to someone who picked up pierce skills”

But still frail and low STR which Barb still somewhat covers, or coves better then most anyway…

Srsly tho, is this a thing? O_o

1 Like

Hi Cathexis, I’ve been looking up at different sources of information on a Highlander C3 builds and I’m having a bit of a hard time putting together a proper one of my own.I’d like some of your input on this one I just made.

honestly want one build for Corsair , it’s my favorite class , I would like something that was viable in PvP , and useful in PvE , I will not only focus to content, chose Shinobi , that Nosé with Dragoon needed launches two hands and of course, lose the effect of having code Peltast and Hoplite I guess.

Your as you see and change?

I want the buid for when friends enter when F2P go with that build , and currently have a Diev 141 xD

Sorry for my english xD

Wow man your critical rate is pretty high even before Finestra. Is it from equipment?

• Dex bonus

• Sissel Bracelet

• Weapon has two green gems +22 Crit Rate each

• Karacha dagger that i just bought has 29 Crit Rate but -10 Max Damage… i was drunk and excited so I forgot to roast gem… now i gotta remove it and all that crap and im broke

1 Like

Hey Cathexis, Just started playing and i’m really enjoying the Peltasta class and i’ll like to go further with it even though i’ve read much against it. I found your suggestion for a Peltasta C3 build here but i’m not so concerned with being “tanky”. I’m mainly planning on PvE with some utility in PvP/GvG in the future. What do you think about a build like so Swordsman ->Peltasta C3->Corsair->Doppel->Dragoon? Stat wise I was planning on going 4:2:1 Str:Con:Dex. Would like to know your thoughts thanks.