Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

@Cathexis i did think about makeing my char like this to have some cc and stuff to make me stronger i want use mainly Auto atk if it works (i did like my Agi/crit Knight in Ragnarok at 2004)

Any help is welcome =)

and thx for the fast awnser

Hey guys i need help with my Highlander c3 - Doppel c2.

I’ve read alot in the guides but i am not sure what to choose at rank 5.
Some say Peltesta, some say Corsair for PvP.
But it seems to me that those choices doesnt fit into the build because they don’t use a 2hand Sword.

Would it not be much better to choose Barbaran c1 at rank 5 and maybe later in the game choose Barb c2 if they add a rank 8 ?

The build would benefit from it i think or won’t it?
Or is Barb only good for auto attack build and frenzy doesn’t buff the skills i use?
I am quite unsure about that because a friend told me that +physical attack only buffs auto attacks and not skills.

So if they add rank 8, it would look like this
Swordsman c1 - Highlander c3 - Barbarian c2 - Doppel c2

Or is barb generally a bad choice for 2hand sword usage?

I hope you guys can help me with my many questions ,)
thx

Thanks for the reply! I’m not too far into the game but I think I’ll just keep going with it and see how it works out. Probably better for me to make all of my mistakes on my first character than constantly restarting.

But hopefully this character works well in PvP in the future.

1 Like

If Templar becomes a necessity to have in battle in a real GvG scenario, then I believe the best build for it will be Cataphract simply because of the mobility. When a guild leader plays an important role in battle, speed is always the most important factor.

But this can change depending on how they actually implement that structured GvG mode. So for now, while we don’t know, I am inclined more towards Cataphract being the better option.

As a solo character, not really.

But I could see a guild pooling resources to level up a guild Squire mainly for the food benefits.

No, it goes off as soon as you lose your shield.

Yeah, for sure. It is going to help your early leveling a lot, because you are not really taking any skills so you will be dealing all your damage through auto attacks.

Well, for PvE taking Rodelero isn’t worth it at all.

For PvP, I think you would be better taking something like Corsair instead, but you could make it work with Rodelero. Just be aware that the CC isn’t particularly impressive and you will be required to be at melee range to use it.

Also, you must get Stabbing. It is the best damage skill of Hoplite, while Synchro Thrusting is very weak overall so I would suggest to move those points to Stabbing instead.

Finally, get level 3 Bash so you can get the knockdown effect on it and add another CC skill to your kit.

It is usually never good to go back and pick a lower rank class at higher ranks, especially Rank 8 to pick a Rank 4 one.

While Barbarian could make sense because of the thematic, in practice it doesn’t work too well because you don’t gain much from it. Corsair and Peltasta both give you more tools to use in different situations.

If they increase your Physical Attack, they will work for both skills and auto attacks.

Not a bad choice, but it is generally bad to mix multiple circles of Highlander with multiple circles of Barbarian. It is recommended to pick one or the other.

Thx for fast reply :slight_smile:

Still, if i only use 2hand sword is peltasta or corsair really worth it? especially at higher lvls?
With Barbs cleave i get alot more Crit and if rank 8 goes live and i take barb c2 i get frenzy and warcry, i thought that it would scale better with my build.

Corsair just for the hook or peltasta just for the taunt? :confused:

But i am by far not as experienced as you in this game so i am grateful for your advice :slight_smile:

With Rank 8 - Is there any hint if they add another class or another circle for a class?
Because what else would be a good choice at rank 8 then?

Well, that is the thing, you don’t have to use 2H Sword all the time.

You can use weapon-swap in this game to change between different weapon sets, this way you open yourself towards more playing styles for your character that might help you with different scenarios.

Corsair is mainly for the Hook for PvP, a mini CC with Dust Devil and Jolly Roger as an utility skill that helps you get more silver and generate aggro during certain scenarios.

Peltasta is for being able to use a shield, get +25% block and defense, +18% evasion, +25% HP and the AoE taunt.

Not yet. The list of pending classes are: Centurion, Murmillo, Lancer, Luchador and Matador.

None of them has been revealed, so we don’t have any information about their ones. But one of those classes is surely going to be a better Rank 8 choice than anything else. Not to forget that Doppelsoeldner C3 will also exist.

Yes i know of the weapon swap and being more versatile is also nice but is it really efficent to use anything else than 2hand sword with my build at very high levels?
With c1 in corsair or peltasta i only have the low lvl skills of those classes and i think no synergies at all or am i wrong?

For dragoon or holpite i can see that peltasta is a good addition.

But at rank 8 it makes sense to me to take doppel c3 or another new class if 1 is added.
I only thought of the barb c2 if they add rank 8 and no new classes or circles ,)

I think it does for party play.

In dungeons it doesn’t really matter if you are using 2H Sword or not, as most of the damage in the party will come from magic classes. So it is better to make the run faster/easier with Swash Buckling.

While everyone would like to get some extra silver from their run with Corsair, so that is an extra benefit too.

But if you really don’t like the idea, then it is fine if you take Barbarian C1, you will only get Cleave and Helm Chopper but they will be more skills added to your rotation.

If barb c1 isn’t useful at all then i won’t choose it ,)
I am only at rank 3 lvl 12 now, so i got some time till rank 5 to decide.
Just wanting to get the most out of my build, if peltasta c1 is still good at high lvl then i think i have no choice but take it.

Also, weapon-swap takes less than a second, so you can always just use Swash Buckling then quickly switch back to your 2H Sword to deal damage.

But there is also the option to use Highlander->Barbarian C3 if you would like to skip Peltasta. But that would depend on whether you like Highlander more than Barbarian or not.

I got already Highlander c2 ,) Wanted to go c3 and Doppel c2.
It’s just that damned rank 5 that drives me crazy ^^

@Cathexis

What do you tink about this

Or you think this maybe better

If you say a few what you mean exactly like if i have 80 STR i sould have 40 DEX and 20 CON or how sould i see this ?

Sorry for my dump questions and Thx alot for your help and that you take your time to respond on all questions really kind from you thx

One more question mate, What about long term what is the better choice
Max Gung ho 15 or Gung ho 14 Concentrate 3(for its attribute) thxs

I think both look better, if that is what you want to do.

On Cataphract just make to max Earth Wave instead and I would leave Steed Charge at level 1 while maxing out Impale, because honestly the only reason you are going Cataphract is for Impale as your reliable (can still be resisted) CC source, and a slightly faster movement speed.

It really depends on which one of the two you like more.

Overall Hoplite C3 is more inclined towards a heavy PvE build, that is why it has great synergy with Doppelsoeldner and it is pretty much the only build with Hoplite C3 I recommend.

If you take this build to PvP, it is about focusing classes without much evasion on them and try to bring them down quick.

For a better balanced PvP build there are other paths like full Cataphract C3, Corsair or even a Barbarian-Dragoon.

Well, depends on what build you are following.

If you are following a “Full STR” build, my guess is that you are around level 80 to 100, so that means 8 to 10 points into DEX and the points you got from statues and quest into CON (which should be around 9~10 I think).

If you are following a “High STR” build, then your build looks good, which I do think is the better option since you are aiming towards doing PvP too. So keep it at a similar ratio. At least until you feel comfortable with your HP at higher levels.

I think Gung Ho level 14 and Concentrate level 3 is the best option for what you are looking in your build.

Is corsair c1 really better than c1 barb in PvP?

I really need help, I should have asked here before already choosing 2nd and 3rd rank classes T_T and wasting founder’s pack stuff

I did +50 dex initially and now going 4 str:1 con. Plan to only pve (mostly solo but I do plan to use all the dungeon party count each day).

Was following this build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/j7ubsu8fkp/

What changes would you recommend for stats or skill, and do I need to use a skill or/and stat reset? (I already chose one Peltasta and one Hoplite though, didn’t know you couldn’t repick classes with skill reset)

For now, it is.

Barbarian C1 only gives you a chance of a 2 second stun at melee range. And it can be nullified by Plague Doctor.

Meanwhile Corsair gives you a 9 seconds immobilize for up to 3 targets, you can cast it from range and it cannot be nullified by Plague Doctor. If you use it on one target, you can also cause Bleeding and serious damage with Keel Hauling.

Well, you picked Peltasta and Hoplite, so you are good in there.

For Swordsman you would have been much better picking Concentrate over Thrust, and keeping Bash at level 3. But it is fine, you could redo your skills later on once you are higher level.

You don’t need Unlock Chest on Corsair, it is a useless skill. Instead use that on Double Weapon Assault or Iron Hook.

The rest is fine, if those are your preferences. Once you get to Dragoon you will be a lot more experience and you can get level 1 of each and see which ones you like more to max out.

For your stat allocation, while it isn’t optimal, it doesn’t hurt you in the long run. If you switched to 4 STR : 1 CON now then you will be fine, you were gonna need that +50 DEX once you hit Corsair anyways.

So I don’t think you need to use a stat or skill reset, at least not for now. I would wait until you are much higher level and more experienced with the game before using such an important item.

Don’t worry, you will be fine.

1 Like

so if i dont go Doppelsöldner i sould not go c3 hoplite?

I think then i have to make one PvE and one PvP char it looks like ther are no way to have bouth in one build with out loseing efficients

thx for your great help

Oh, you can do both, don’t worry about that.

You can take that build to PvP and see how well you do, maybe it is better than you imagine it is.

The thing is that PvP in this game is currently very unbalanced. So we are expecting big changes in the near future to make PvP something viable and not a joke where just a few builds dominate the entire scene.

With those future changes, other builds could be enabled to perform better at PvP.

So I wouldn’t lose hope just yet. Pick the classes you like and play around them to build your own playing style.

1 Like

Thx m8 i will try a bit and again big thx and you do a great job