Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

So, physical attack can be block, evade and affected by pdef. Any ways to reduce magic atk and cc (duration, immune)? Swordman related only

Thanks for the reply man.

I chose these classes to build around my idea of Corsair:
Swordsman C2 - Restrain, Gung Ho, Concentrate to boost my autoattacks
Barbarian - Frenzy and Warcry for more damage boosts, and attacking faster to proc Restrain more
Corsair C2 - The crux of my build
Shinobi - Liked the idea of the class, read it has potential in PvP if controlled correctly.

What Iā€™m trying to do is go full damage while Iā€™m PvEā€™ing with my party, when Iā€™m high level Iā€™m going to shift to PvP.

Iā€™ve been doing 2:1 so far, not 3:1, I was wondering if I should change to 3:1. Iā€™ve also been using my Zemyna statue points on CON, is that enough?

I guess I donā€™t have to go Shinobi, would you recommend Doppel/Fencer/CorsairC3 instead for what Iā€™m trying to do?

Thanks again.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thank you so much for your help! And for all you do for the community.
I will test this build, and when i finish i will give you a feedback.
Can you tell me the equipament that would be use for that build?

Thanks again, a iā€™ll waiting for your response!

Both options are viable, it depends on what you are looking for, so you need to be more specific.

Reliably? Not really.

Magic Defense from SPR scales really poorly. And there is Slithering (from Rodelero C2) which can block magic, but it cannot block CC (for example: if you are hit with a Freezing spell, you donā€™t receive damage but you still get frozen).

Other than that, you can get a Plague Doctor in your party to grant immunity to CC, but that is not Swordsman related.

I think 2:1 is good for now and you can switch to 3:1 once you are Corsair C2, by then you will be able to tell how good your character is in terms to DPS potential and if you feel comfortable with itā€™s current state.

For PvE, yeah. For PvP, you are going to need more CON, at least 50 points in it.

You mean take any of these at Rank 7?

I wouldnā€™t really recommend Fencer with Swordsman C2 since it is a skill-based class, so the auto-attack build you are trying to make doesnā€™t fit well with it.

Doppel could work since it also increases your attack speed, which is something you were looking for, while having Cyclone covers a weak area of your build in terms of damage (and currently it is bugged, so it can activate Restrain while using it, but it could be nerfed in the future).

Corsair C3 is a dead rank right now, so I would highly recommend to stay away from it until it is actually developed.

So it would probably be between Shinobi and Doppelsoeldner, depending on which one is more appealing to you.

Your skill point distribution is pretty well done already.

If anything, I would consider skipping Cartar Stroke since you will have Earth Wave on your build, this way you would get Crown instead. But since this is a PvE build, not really necessary.

Other than that, just remove the 1 point from Thrust and add it into Pain Barrier. You donā€™t need Thrust because your weapon, spear, already gives you a reliable source of Pierce damage.

To be honest, just use the best you have at hand.

Right now there are not that many good items at the market (and if there are, they are overpriced). So just use whatever you get your hands on and donā€™t worry too much about it. The armor you get from quests can get you pretty far without much problems.

If anything, just focus on getting a good weapon without spending your entire bank on it.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure that the skill increases block coz when you check the skill preview, the monster inflict just 103 damage because it was reduced by block. The caster received 208 when shield failed.
My assumption is it will trigger the Block buff if the incoming attacks hit literally the hit box of ice shield or simply 50% chance. Youā€™ll notice that the 4 shields are orbiting slowlyā€¦ looks meant to success or fail. So basicly itā€™s like a crossguard/quarrelshooter shield but just a mobile one and has bigger blocking area.
The old skill preview used to be this one.

I saw this vid uploaded just a couple of week ago, the skill has 30sec duration and not 45sec anymore. Yet still OP.
https://youtu.be/s_K_J8LiH9s

@_@

Okei, and the last question.
How can i put the atributtes to this build? What do you think?

Thank you so so much!

For this build, do you think it would be more worthwhile to max Dust Devil over Keelhauling for PvP? And is Iron Hook worth maxing for PvP as well, or is investing more points into other skills a better investment?

The video that you post here maybe the old version about this skill.
I think thatā€™s better

In skill preview Itā€™s not reduced by block
Block make physical attck wonā€™t land damage ( maybe block in description mean the counter )
The skill preview maybe work like this :
1st hit is 208
2nd hit 203 but itā€™s got counter so the damage land 100 and the counter 103
The Freeze effect will apply if attack get countered

PvP video that you link is a mess, canā€™t see a thing
They should make larger map for PvP
Canā€™t confirm the trigger of the freeze effect.
Mele attack will trigger freeze from skill preview
Donā€™t know about range attack or magic attack.

The skill has 30s Duration coz she just got Cyro2 not cryo3

Two questions:

About the Templar, in case a real GvG instanced thing actually gets implemented in the future, do you think that those two suggested builds are the best that could survive in such an scenarion, considering that Templar 2 and 3 are actually good enough or at least justify getting more circles as a guild leader. Or would you take another path in this case?

Are Squires actually worth the effort? Asking seriously here.

Oh well, yea the duration is still the same -.-.
But the way I understand block is if the damage is low enough it will show up ā€œBlockā€ and if the damage is too high it wonā€™t but just reduce the damage. I had a Highlander before.

In cryoā€™s case, the cryo donā€™t have shield and enough block stat thatā€™s why there is 103 damage.

Developers are not good at writing descriptions.

Thatā€™s weird
You use 1h sword + shield
or you use Cross guard ?

Block > make any physical damage canā€™t touch you. even your attack 99999 but it dont have block penetration itā€™s wonā€™t do any damage.
If a block successfull, ā€œBlockā€ word in blue colour will pops up
Thatā€™s why Priest stone skin so OP.

The mechanic as same as evasion.
No matter how powerfull your damage if you donā€™t have enough accuracy you wonā€™t to any damage.
if a evasion successfull, ā€œDodgeā€ word in purple colour will pops up

*only for physical damage

The Shield use for Subzero shield only for additional damage at 200% additional damage of shield defense.

will the +25% hp attribute in swashbuckling stay if you take off your shield?

I used crossguard bro.
If some of the counter damage came from the shield defense, where do you think the 100dmg came from? From base magic damage? Iā€™m not gonna afraid of that skill anymore if thatā€™s the case. :kissing:

Yeah of coz if you use cross guard, Your Block increase insanely.
You can block even without shield with cross guard.
Itā€™s not the enemy damage is low. But their block penetration lower than your Block stat.

No, the damage was from the monster. itā€™s somehow like reflect shield in Ragnarok Guard skill but have different mechanic i think
The damage from monster supposed to be 203, but with counter effect only 100 damage apply to Cyro and 103 rest damage back to the monster.
This is without shield
If with shield and has max attribute so the monster will get additional damage. 103+(shield def*200%)

Btw why we disscuss about Wizard skill hereā€¦ LMAO :joy:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Wuff half of received damage ?
Itā€™s indeed OP, itā€™s only last for 1hit like Revenged Sevenfold or will last as long as the duration ?

Basically itā€™s like Ragnarok Paladin Reflect Shield.
But this one has chance, but 60% chance at level 10 indeed OP not to mention the freeze effect and permanent buff.

With This staff will make 70%
This counter apply to all type of damage ?
Physical and Magic ?

Wizard that become a Paladin :sweat_smile:

Weā€™re talking about wiz coz they are the biggest threat to us. Now you mentioned that the reflect is something like paladin reflect shieldā€¦ oh godā€¦ when I was a monk I find that skill so annoying. Itā€™s like a suicide fighting them.

Letā€™s just hope at least that crown can reduce the countered damage.

This is my current build. Is it worth if i go for Gung ho lvl14 then Concentrate lvl3(Itā€™s just 7 hits) for its attribute? thxs again

LoL yeahā€¦ I already can imagine Wiz > cyro3 > Sorc2/Necro > Warlock

Cast Subzero Shield & Dark Theurge
Spam all your summons.

Stay still donā€™t move - do nothing. Whatā€™s warrior gonna do ? run being chasing by the summons, finally get closed but suffer damage from Dark Theurge. Try to hit, suddenly suicide coz of Subzero Shield. LOL :joy:

Crown wonā€™t do nothing coz the damage reflect is from the attacker.
Even with 1 int, damage from wizard still hard.

But still i gonna Choose Warrior
The more tenacious you do the more joy you get.

1 Like