Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

What do you think about getting Thrust level 1 with this build?
Swordsman>Peltasta>Hoplite>Cata C3>Templar
Does it good to use as a filler or is it better not to take it and put the point somewhere else?

Steed Charge level 1 utility and damage in PVE and PVP?
Does it worth to take?

Thrust is ā– ā– ā– ā– , u dont need any level in it

What about Jolly Roger (Pirate Gank) kill streak that buff party damage ? They changed it ?

Does anyone know if when using Skyliner after Crosscut (Highlander) and Lunge (Fencer) the buff stack? If so, how does it stack?

@Cathexis Can anyone tell me what they think of this build Iā€™m trying to make a DPS Fencer but Iā€™m unsure about how to go about it I felt that highlander/barb would add more usable skills for me to use with it but, Iā€™m not really to sure. SwordsmanC1 >HighlanderC2 >BarbarianC2 < FencerC2 Build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/770shwsxb6/ I feel like it would work out maybe but, it would be nice to have a second opinion on it. Thanks for your time.

it lasts for 4 seconds

@Cathexis could you explain seism damage? It hits 3 times but is it just a virtual representation of the max damage to look cool or are those actually independent hits?

How are those ā€œadditional hitsā€ calculated?

AFAK Seism hit 4x times.

It hits 3 times unless something changed, at least basing on a few videos I saw.

Most multihits deal damage stated in skill description on EVERY hit, not sure about seism though, maybe itā€™s special, but I think itā€™s regural multihit with 4x stated damage.

I have a feeling it might be like pierce which is just a visual representation of the actual damage done.

Does anyone know for sure how seism works?

Umm, Is pierce just a visual representation? I think it applies patk on every hit.

No, it doesnt. Pierce additional hits is just the multiplier damage applied depending on size. Theyre not actual hits, as far as I know.

Thank you Cath. I feel like I have a better understanding of swordsmanā€™s mechanics after reading all of your posts.

1 Like

Is maxed Gae Bulg worth it for the attack buff and def debuff attributes in a PVE build, or is it better to leave it at 1 point and put the rest into Dragon Soar for another low cd multi-hit dps skill?

Jeez @Cathexis you got your self into some trouble nowā€¦
So many questions, so little time~

1 Like

You can help out by answering some you know :grin:

1 Like

IDK my friend that has barbarian > corsair at kTOS said Seism has 4x times hit.

Could he record it as proof?

Maybe it changed, Iā€™d be happy to hear that honestly. On the video I saw the damage went from 100% first hit, 50% second hit and 25% last hit.

What best path for making AFK money making Squire.
Look for path that fast leveling and have some use.

1. Sword1>Pel1>Hop1>Cata1>Squire3
    Reason : free pet & easy pet leveling :v: ( just mount it )
  2. Sword1>Pel1>Bar2>Squire3
    Reason : Pel Swashbuckling then Seism for fast leveling
  3. Sword1>HL1>Bar2>Squire3
    Reason : High Damage, many skills but canā€™t taunt, slower leveling
  4. Sword1>HL3>Squire3
    People say HL3 better from Barbarian but idk.

Which one is the best, also what the point of having pet ?