Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

Thank you very much. Now I just need to decide if I want to focus on PvE or have some semblance of teeth in PvP.

That is not the way it should work, and there is no documented change on any of the patch notes as far I am aware. So probably it is bugged or it was bugged during the recording of that video.

It could also be fixed or behave differently in our version though. But that is not the intended way for the skill to work (from the description, the attribute and previous versions of the skill that many of us used).

Isnā€™t it the attribute that halves max stacks but makes it so they are not lost on switching target?

@Derael Thats how its supposed to be but watch the vid between 9:50 and 10:40 and you will understand what I mean. It just doesnā€™t make sense to me.

Whatā€™s wrong with this part of video?

Stacks should go up to 20 with frenzy at lvl 10. It is at level 10 because itā€™s duration is 50 seconds. Stacks are not reduced at all upon changing targets.

Everything is wrong with this part of the video man xD thatā€™s my point and well, every other part where he uses frenzy and doesnā€™t lose stacks or get above 10.

I havenā€™t seen him getting above 10 btw. He isnā€™t losing stacks because he has abovementioned attribute active. So the max stacks are halved (10 instead of 20).

Yeah I understand how the attribute works now, I thought it worked entirely different. Thanks for clarifying.

Wait, nvm.

For some reason I thought he was using level 5 Frenzy, but it is level 10 with a max amount of 20 stacks but 10 with the attribute.

I am going to reword that part of the section to better describe the attribute, because ā€œloseā€ implies that they are gone (the way it is without the attribute), and I used the same word to describe that you ā€œloseā€ half your stacks when using the attribute, which is true but it is also misleading.

Thanks for the clarification to both of you.

EDIT:

It is changed now.

Im sorry if this has been asked before (couldnt find it): would it be wise to replace 1 tier of hop to corsair for some more utility in parties and pvp?
Like this: Pelt1 > hop2 > cor 1 > doppel 1 > dragoon
Or would it be more optimal to swap out the doppel for corsair aswell (like the build mentioned in some other threads)?

Hi can anyone please tell me if this build is good for fencer ?? http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/5mmf42w9da/
thanks

Thank you for the input. Itā€™s much appreciated.

Psychokino could have potentially a very strong CC each 25sec for ~8sec while channelling Psychic Pressure at c2 with itā€™s passive:

Itā€™s basically Restrain coupled with fast hitting ability (50% chance at lv5). Does Restrain work at all on mobs at higher ranks?

Now in theory there is another possible combo for Kino c3

and Dragoonā€™s

The problem is ToS builder doesnā€™t have any info on aoe ratio, hit box angle or range. Would this be a viable tactic? How much range Stabbing and Pierce has with spears?

My biggest concern atm is the drawback of Raise as it changes enemy to Flying-type.

Are there any swordie skills that are limited to ground mobs?

Unfortunately most of the Wizards are focused on self sustain solo builds. In addition there are no players able to give reliable feedback on Linker class since the heavy nerf was introduced this month in kToS (skill cd increased to 22sec and HK bind time decreased to 2sec c1 / 4sec c3). If Dragoon is not in a spot where it needs Linker support, Iā€™m not sure itā€™s worth it after the nerf. I have already started a topic in the Wizards forum fishing for some of the game mechanics, that were not covered in any recent threads. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be able to make final decisions based on the information more experienced players were willing to share.

Thanks for your reply Catheix! Youā€™ve given me much to think about. Iā€™ve revised my builds accordingly. I basically substituted Hop3 for Corsair 1. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve come up with so far:

One of my original reasons for going Hop3 was because of Preparation into Pierce. I thought the extra 5 levels would be able to get a decent boost from the doubling effect of Pierce, but granted I have no idea how much each skill scales with level.

Iā€™m guessing my rotation will probably be something like this:

Conquille (Duration is 8s right? Or is it level based?)>Spear Lunge>Prep>Pierce>Lunge>Etolies>Composee Spam until Spear Lunge 6s are up, then Spear Lunge again > Lunge (The Rapier one) should be off cd by then, which makes the enemy vulnerable to slash attacks > Flanconnade spam.

Something like that I suppose. There should be more than enough skills to cover Spear Lungeā€™s CD period. Although Iā€™ll have to look into how overheat works exactly. Does each charge take 24s to cd? Or will it only take 12 seconds if I save the 2nd charge? SLunge > Skill Spam > SLunge> Skill Spam will leave me with 12 seconds up time and 18 seconds down time if my calculations are correct. However, a full rotation is only realistically possible vs a boss I think, and in a boss situation they are not just going to sit around and let you beat on them haha.

My main worry is that Hoplite Fencer will fall behind against a Barb/Highlander Fencer in DPS. I know Highlander Fencer will have more tools like Shock, etc but Iā€™m not too worried about versatility. If Hoplite Fencer canā€™t be comparable to Barb/Highlander Fencer in terms of damage, I might as well just make an awesome SPIN TO WIN Hop3 Dopple Dragoon haha. Seriously the videos you made of that class make it seem AMAZING. If it wasnā€™t for that Fencer outfit Iā€™d be convinced already.

Your suggestions on Squireā€™s class choices seem good! Iā€™ll figure out some skill allocation details then go from there.
EDIT: Hereā€™s what I have so far. My Squire will mainly be there as an afk shopkeeper/base camp party food supporter. I left armor maint at 0 since the effects look so negligeble as to be not worth it. Repair doesnā€™t seem to scale all that well either, but I took some points just to stay competitive as a shop.

Thanks again for all your help.

Someone know if Gung-ho / concentrate combo with DOV??

@Cathexis

I have another question. Does Keel Haulingā€™s bleed attribute work on Bosses? (like how Arrestā€™s debuffs still work on bosses). Also does Restrain proc on Keel Hauling? These would be, hopefully, the last bits of info I need to decide on the fine details of the path of Swordsmanship. (an actual swordsmanship, not poking things with spears ffs)

Thanks alot to keep answer everybody question here

here another question from me :smile:
is Jolly roger pillage only for silver ? how about items drop from monster ?

What different about this two attributes :

i know bash with this attribute will always knockdown enemy.
How about umbo blow ? itā€™s doesnā€™t always knockdown enemy ?
Note : Umbo blow : add knockDOWN, but the detail say add knockBACK.
Which one is the true ?
in official Nexon with google translate itā€™s say knockdown.

Gungo Ho is most likely doubled by DOV. Concentrate isnā€™t for sure, as itā€™s bonus damage.

2 Likes

On Umbo Blow, if it hasnā€™t changed from iCBT2, it is a knockback.

Well, I am assuming this is for PvE?

If that is the case, the only benefit you get for PvE from Corsair is Jolly Roger, which will increase the amount of silver you can acquire while playing with your character.

If you believe that is a good enough benefit to take over Hoplite C3 (which I assume is what you are changing), then you will give up combat tools for utility ones, which are also fine if you want to have a little bit of a supportive playing style rather than a straight up damage build.

I wouldnā€™t recommend changing Doppelsoeldner because it helps the build immensely to kill high level mobs, and it also gives the build a reliable source of high Slash damage.

Overall it looks good, if those are the classes you want to play. You didnā€™t really specify what you are looking for with your build, or what is your playing style.

So I will just make some minor general recommendations:

• You might want to consider taking Level 3 Bash for the Knockdown effect.
  • You donā€™t need level 1 Unlock Chest to be honest, so you could use that extra point on another skill.

But yeah, without more context it is impossible to give appropriate advise.

It should work, but it is still a small chance.

Pierce and Stabbing both have a very short range, about the length of the spear with an auto-attack, which is almost melee range. Dragontooth covers a wider area though.

If I had to base it around that video showing Gravity Pole, then I would say that Pierce/Stabbing would cover around 20% of the white line, while Dragontooth can cover around 70~80%.

The only ground skills Swordsman has are Throwing Spear, Giant Swing and Iron Hook. So everything else shouldnā€™t have a problem with that.

Duration starts at 5 seconds at level 1, and increases by 1 second with each additional level.

It takes 24 seconds to go out of cool-down after you use the second Oveheat. It will also work 24 seconds after you used the first hit, but only if you donā€™t use the second hit within those 24 seconds, otherwise the countdown will start all over again.

Since you have Stabbing, you donā€™t need to worry too much about DPS. I think you will be able to dish out a higher amount of DPS than a Barb->Fencer on long fights.

Versus a Highlander->Fencer, I am not too sure. I think it would be close and probably decided about the stat allocation, ping or equipment.

The Squire build looks good, you might also consider getting Steed Charge to have another skill in your rotation.

Gung Ho increases Physical Attack, same as Deeds of Valor, so they do work together.

Concentrate is just a damage amount that is added at the end of your hit, so it doesnā€™t get increased by Deeds of Valor.

I am not sure if Iron Hook+Keel Hauling work to proc Bleeding on a boss, as I have never tried doing that before. Maybe someone reading this knows the answer and could help us with it.

Restrain doesnā€™t proc on Keel Hauling.

It is mostly for silver. The description says it can drop items too, and I have heard some people say that they saw items dropping too, but personally I have never seen one drop.

So I think it is just a very low chance of it happening.

Umbo Blow is a Knockback that will Knockdown the enemies with the attribute. So it is both.

1 Like

I played C2 corsair back in iCBT2. Iā€™ve seen items drop from it but itā€™s fairly uncommon and hard to notice if you kill things fast. Itā€™s pretty noticeable for uncommon drops though, when I was making the rod recipe from demon prison 2, it accounted for about 25% of the stingers I needed. I got the rest from doubled normal drops.

1 Like