Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Shadowmancer Quest

Hello Saviors!

I’m a veteran player of Tree of Savior. I’ve made a video to help the players who want to handle the magic of shadows and become Shadowmancers.

Full Guide Pt Link: Shadowmancer Quest Guia em Português

Shadowmancer is one of my favorite classes in Tree of Savior. It has one of the most beautiful costumes and it’s a class with tons of damage and potential.
As any other Class 8, it is necessary to complete a pre-quest in order to unlock it. The quest is full of gimmicks, but should take something around 40 minutes to complete.
Tip: Don’t forget to carry a lot of Klaipeda / Orsha / Fedimian Scrolls to be faster.

STEP 1: TANIEL COMMEMORATIVE ORB
To start the quest you need to go to Taniel Commemorative Orb Map. To get there you can use the warp to Inner City Wall District 8 and leave by the portal at the War Room.

You have to find a mysterious shadow to iniciate the quest.When you interact with it, a message saying that you should look for the Chronomancer Master will appear as the shadow fades.

STEP 2: STELE ROAD
Look for the Chronomancer Master besides the warp statue in Stele Road.
She will tell you that the Shadowmancer Master is researching about shadows and that you should look for her in Rasvoy Lake.

STEP 3: RASVOY LAKE
Find the Shadowmancer Master Eclipse Ubik in Rasvoy Lake.
She will tell you that she is busy with her research, so keep talking with her until the option “I’ll cooperate.” appears.

To help her you’ll have to study how the shadows behave in four different regions: Khonot Forest, Lhadar Forest, Ghibulinas Forest e Namu Temple Ruins. For that you’ll need to find each Shadowmancer’s Research Device, solve their gimmick and bring them back to her.

STEP 4: KHONOT FOREST
The first Shadowmancer’s Research Device is located in Khonot Forest. To get there faster, use the warp from Tevhrin Stalactite Cave Section 1 and move to the portal at the south.

step%204

The first gimmick is quite simple. When you click on the device, many shadows will be summoned in the area. Your objective is to catch them until you get the Shadow Trace of Khonot Forest. For that you will need to use the device to turn into a Shadow Poll (yes, the Shadowmancer skill) so that you can get close to the shadows without scaring them.

Be patient. All the Shadow Traces takes quite a while to appear. All you can do is to keep an eye on the messages that appear in the top of the screen, since they will show you how close you are from your objective.

The shadow energy is slowly manifesting ⇒ The shadow energy is growing stronger

When you get it, talk again with the device to finish the gimmick and collect it.

STEP 5: LHADAR FOREST
The second Shadowmancer’s Research Device is at Lhadar Forest. To get there you can warp to Pystis Forest and walk to the portal on the bottom of the left side.

step%205

I hated this gimmick. It felt extremely bugged on the mouse mode, but you can do it if you pay a little more attention.
To get the Shadow Trace of Lhadar Forest you will have to kill the shadows with an aura of the same color. The problem is that the difference between the colors is not that reliable, that’s why I advise to pick the green aura, since it’s the easier to see among them.
The shadow monsters will die with only 1 hit, so keep killing them until you get the Shadow Trace. Then, talk with the device again.

STEP 6: GHIBULINAS FOREST
The third Shadowmancer’s Research Device is at Ghibulinas Forest, a map that can be accessed through Pharmer Forest.

To finish this gimmick you will have to scare enough shadows to get the Shadow Trace. Beware of the hidden shadows as they can stun you, which is a pain in the ass. To find them you can move the mouse around to see their shape or look out for little shadows on the ground. When you get the Shadow Trace, talk again with the device to end the gimmick and pick it up.

STEP 7: NAMU TEMPLE RUINS
The last Shadowmancer’s Research Device is located at Namu Temple Ruins. You can arrive there from Istora Ruins.

step%207

The last gimmick is also the easiest. All you have to do is run over the shadows while you escape from the ones that are chasing you. In another words, if it’s a mino you go for it but if it’s a lizard you run from it. Just be alert 'cause sometimes the shadow lizards fall right beside you. When you get the Shadow Trace of Namu Temple Ruins, interact again with the device and take it to the Shadowmancer Master.

STEP 8: RASVOY LAKE
Now that you have all the four Shadowmancer’s Research Device, go to Rasvoy Lake and give them to the Shadowmancer Master. She will be impressed and let you advance into the magic of the shadows.
Now you can become a Shadowmancer!

References:
Hidden Classes Unlock Guide Compilation
Talt it!

2 Likes

@Edit.
Translated and added the full english guide. Enjoy! :wink:

1 Like

First
Nice guide , congratz

1 Like

Hello.
Is Shadow Condensation single target per orb? Can orbs turn to multi target?

Yes, Shadow Condesation orbs are single targets. I don’t think you can turn them into multi targets unless you use link.

Ah, so sad…
It’s even weaker than Meteor…:’(