Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Misrus Boss

+40 velcoffer 2h mace?

Savi +11 t8 and armor t5 isnā€™t average? I guess i have to play one year before clearing the dog

Gear isnā€™t the problem. You donā€™t need any strategy vs Misrus, as itā€™s simply a big dog having high damaging attacks which mostly ignore defense. You only need 2 things for it:

• a huge pool of HP: you can go undergeared vs Misrus, but items with +CON and +CON ichors will help a lot, as well as food buff and other buffs that a friend or guild mate could provide
  • elixirs which restore a % of HPs: at least the 20% ones from Popo shop + a few 50% ones ā€“ combined with high HP, this will guarantee you can tank the damage while spamming your skills
1 Like

Iā€™m a assa-rouge-corsair, I have 110k hp, 16k patk (+16 t10 velco dagger), 16k def, 15 mdef, every piece of my gear CON ichored (around 650 con) and still canā€™t get it. The problem i see with the dog: much easier to magic users and ranged charaters in general. A pyro-ele friend with worse gear than mine can clear misrus without problem because he can safely spam him at the distance.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried with pyro-ele using regular gear (70k hps, no ichors) I couldnā€™t deal with the constant HP drain from tail attacks. My inqui with 130k hps has it easier, but I suck at this and still cannnot manage to kill the damn dog in time :haha:
All guild members that go for the dog all have 200-300k hps so they can soak the damage with % elixirs.

Oh my problem isnā€™t the tail is the stupid cross and stun. Sometimes, as someone said before, i successfuly use behead+ smoke art and get behind the boss but still fkng hit me, even with the claw. And if i fight trying to stay away the dps is simply not enough.

Because it is easier for magic characters. Both for the mechanics involved and the mere fact that misrus hard mode only increases physical defense, but not magical one, while decreasing its hp.
Misrus normal mode:
HP: 253 083 285
DEF and MDEF: 23 838
Misrus hard mode:
HP: 168 722 190
DEF: 35 757
MDEF: 23 838

tried with doppel-barb-highlander, I guess I could do it with more and more practice but itā€™s a pain in the ass to fight with all the gimmick and half of them require instant movement or nuke from afar like step in device in 6 seconds or destroy green and red crystal that is in the green pentagram

I do have better than average mdef/HP, but I can clear it without elixirs. I need them when I do several mistakes in a row, but otherwise, itā€™s all about experience with misrus patterns and how to use skills to deal damage while dodging as many attacks as possible. All attacks are avoidable, but eating some will give you more time to deal damage.

If you really believe you donā€™t need strategy for Misrus, youā€™re not ready to kill it. Of course you can eventually brute force it with gears+elixirs, but thatā€™s not what most people do. My clear time went from 15mn to 7mn without much improvement on my gears, just small change in build+experience with fight.

Yep, was using tosneet data. So i guess we always used the rebalanced one then.
Guess iā€™ll test it next week anyway (already done it for this week). As fencerā€™s attack is essentially fixed and iā€™ve got a spreadsheet with the formulas to check it upon, checking the defense value will be easy.
That said, even if the defense values were the same, the mechanics are still ill-suited for melee characters.

1 Like

As an exo main, the difference between normal and hard isnā€™t noticeable to me, my clear times are similar.

I would like to point out that Aukuras scrolls are a life saver against Misrus. The hp regen when you crit is so good

3 Likes

Will it works with swordman and my 10 SPR?

Yes, it will work. But if it will work well or not is an entirely different question. Itā€™s better to regen 200-300hp per crit than not regen at all.

Also itā€™s not a bad idea to have a wizard friend give Magic Shield buff before you fight misrus. -32% dmg taken (if maxed attribute). Sp cost is pretty high, but its better than nothing.