Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Hoplite - By Cathexis

Actually with 100 atk 100 cratk and 150 def it will be:

1.5*(100-150)+100=25.

So crit attack is also somewhat affected by def)

Question here. Char is planned for party as a firstlane, i go pelt-hop3, and take 15 Finestra, 5 spear throw (broken spam), what should i go for other skilss?

1. i love how Pierce scales onto Boss monsters, but it’s cd is high and it has no overheat.
  2. or spear lunge 10, stabbing 15 (it’s good late game i heard) no pierce
  3. or maybe some 5\5 lunge\synchro ?

I tried this build in Ktos, and I found myself not very useful in partys, since Stabbing is hard to place unless there is a linker and if there is one, another dps class can make that job as good as you.
In missions, you are fine, stabbing does the most amount of dmg after lunge and you can tank the boss as well. Painkilller is a must, you ve got Cyclone as well.
That goes for partys as well, tanking, assuming you have a healer, because when magic appears there goes your tanking hahah. If i had a skill reset, i would max Stabbing, and Spear Throw, 1 point to Lunge, rest to Pierce.
As dragoon all i have tried is Dragontooth which is nice.
I dont know, ive seen catas performing better job at dungeons, but vs bosses i think hop3 might be better.

@Cathexis

This Hoppy build seems to be highly dependant on Finestra… i like the damage output and all but what happens if that skill ever gets nerfed in the future?

I doubt this will ever happen. It’s in no way OP skill. And it is like the main hoplite skill.

Nerfing it to the level when it’ll become on par with other hoplite skills will make hoplites pointless.

Sorry for being away and not answering questions.

I have created a new guide and I will be moving all discussion there:

[Guide] Swordsman’s Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

Feel free to ask any questions you have in there!

Can i get your skill pattern on stimulator about your sword/pelt/hopc3/doopp? please

I loved the hoplite class the first time i read about them, i have a few question above the end game tree. I was wandering why Instead of going the traditional Dragoon way (sword - pelta1-hoplite3-doppel1-dragoon) not going full doppel way (sword - pelta1-hoplite3-dopple2) i wasn’t able to play the CBTs so i’m completly new.

Take time to play some other builds. and discover your own strategy on classes. :slight_smile:

option 2, is the best choice so far as i read these on peoplse info. because corsair has lot more strategic skills and also alot on playing pve and pvp

Not really trusting Finestra… i think its possible it will get nerfed in the future so i’ll be rolling a corsair instead :smiley:

I want to konw if you put the important Attributes is ther a max or can i up other Attributs too? (Concentrat:Enchant and so on i mean)

and i want go Sword/Peltasta/Hplithe c3/Rondelero if i do so would you cange some skills you did tell in your build or still go like you told? cuz if i use Shild/Spear all the time ther are maybe better skills for me?

thx for your awnser and Great Guide

Hey there! Thanks for an amazing guide!

It would be great if you could give me an advice!
Im kind of confused which build is “better” for dps-pve-only purposes - sw-pel-hop(3)-dop-dragoon or sw-pel-hop(2)-cor(2)-dragoon\dop.

Good guide, but what do you think about this one:
swordsman C2 - Hoplite C2 - Corsair C2 - Dragon C1?

@Cathexis

I’m going

S1 -> Pelt1 -> Hop3 - ?? - Dragoon

Still unsure about what to go after circle 3. I’ve got 20 dex and 40 con, now going full str.
Any suggestion for a Off-Tanker?

Some thoughts I had was going back to swordsman circle 2 and get more points in gunk, contentrate and pain barrier. Would this be too dumb?

might as well go doppel and get it’s attack/attack speed buff.

So doppel for attack and attack speed.
Cata and rode have any benefits worth mentioning?

Catas most obvious benefit is his insane MS. And rush is really good. Earthwave is just a source of pretty high and consistant damage.

Rode has lots of good CC, but crappy animations. So currently it’s certainly underpowered.

Hi Cathexis,

Thanks for the detail guide. Whats should i max as Hoplite c3? Pierce or Stabbing? From my experience stabbing does a lot more damage to bosses compared to pierce at lower levels. Im at hoplite c2 now.

From the guide i see that pierce on hoplite c3 is maxed but i heard stabbing outdamages pierce and i feel that way too on hoplite c2