Tree of Savior Forum

[GUIDE] FPS Optimization for Dummies [V1.02]

Check See other character effects and restart the client

Thanks @Ersakoz, that work.

1 Like

I’ve followed all the steps but I have integrated graphics as the only computer I could afford at the time was a $300 laptop at wal-mart designed for office work. I can’t afford another computer any time soon and don’t meet the minimum requirements for most games I still managed to play but with drastically lower performance than most people. After following all optimization(excluding true full screen cuz i often do research as i go or play music outside the game on my pc) I go from 10-20 fps in an unpoppulated zone in a neutral state(making it unplayable) to 20-30fps during normal solo gameplay where as still any time I go into ch1 klaipeda in the middle of the map i get alot of freezes dropping me below 1fps and when it’s finally done it’ll stutter at around 12-18fps while moving thru the area. That’s about the limits of my pc BUT this was still very helpful. Now I can actually play the game.

1 Like

OP advice is really good honestly… but bro, get a better laptop… it is Christmas soon! Nice reason to do it :smiley:

1 Like

Thread is reopened thanks to staff

Feel free to add on if you have optimisation tips !

1 Like

On KR forums, the players were talking about Leatrix Latency on a guide. I don’t know a lot about it, it might be useful so I will mention it. external leatrix website here
Don’t know if this is also optimization.

1 Like

last i dug was:
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4185/12720

which included some TCP optimizer

yes , TCP tweaking can be considered a form of optimization. Do you have the original link for the Leatrix Latency Guide?

edit:

ahhh seems like it works the same as the previous TCP optimizer i used. Perhaps tonight i will try uninstalling the other one to give leatrix a shot

based on the installation guide, this seems like a lay-man’s version as compared to the above Optimizer. leatrix seem like an install-and-go kind whereas the one above one is designed for more advanced users ( manual settings )

1 Like

Basically, the guide just translated this English installation video to KR : youtube link to the vid

The user made some test on monk double punch with and without this program, and his speed definitely increased.

Please beware, I have not tried this myself so don’t install it if you don’t trust it.

So, I was using this leatrix for about 2 weeks perhaps or a bit longer when i was told by a player to give it a shot. Forgot to tell Ersa about it (Sorry :smile:).
The video Grey posted is the official installation guide from their website.

Personally, I play on a crap PC and ■■■■ internet from way too far distance from server (so naturally fcked up ping).

By my observation, I didn;t notice any significant improvement in ToS gameplay with it. But I am still using it bcz I am a complete noob in TCP optimiser stuff but leatrix seems more like aimed for me.

2 Likes

Im using Mudfish.net for conection improvement.
Ping get stable around 20ms ~ 37ms and they dont have monthly charge, instead the carge is per traffic.

If you stop play and still have some traffic you wont lose, they never experies.
So you can use when you comeback or spend in another game, no problem.

3 Likes

fps savior still works but when changing maps it resets the settings (low mode suddenly switching to high mode)

1 Like

I would like to add on that most of the TW Players in Varena are using mudfish and they have an amazing experience with it.

They are currently 62-64ms with mudfish , connecting from TW to servers

W/o mudfish 1xx during non peak, 4xx-9xx during peak periods.

1 Like

Cool, i’ll be trying it, let’s see if it works. BTW, good work over here ^.-

1 Like

this leatrix… really improve the ping ?

Everybody will have varying result. I cannot grant you guaranteed success. However with VPN you can improve your ping tremendously.

Guess we have to wait for someone using Leatrix to get a feedback.

to be updated with TOS , latest optimization patch
11/4/2018

1 Like