Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide]Evensin's Monk [Cleric 1 Priest 3 Monk 2 Plague Dr 1]

Physical based PD that can hold its own in melee while dishing out a Monk’s damage and bringing the utility of a PD.

What are the atlernatives that seem so very lucrative? Diev with Carve Attack (Out performed by Double Punch) or Owl statues that are easily avoidable/knocked away/pewing their poison in the wrong direction? Sadhu with their Astral Body explosion and Possession that hardly comes on par with something like Energy Blast or numerous Monk strikes?

In the game’s current state, Str or Int scales so poorly that you could throw 50 points into this or that and it really wouldn’t matter. In the same vein of being too fixated on “min/maxing” you’re throwing out the baby with the bath water if you avoid an amazing Class Advancement like Plague Doctor just because you cannot maximize the potential of Incinerate.

WHEN and IF Pandemic is proven useful, it’ll only benefit a Monk even more to have it in their kit. You need to be up in the fray to utilize it, and spreading your party’s debuffs will always be a plus. But you’re more asking what this particular build does better than other PD builds, not PD itself. For that, we’d have to begin an overall larger discussion that’ll never end. There is no king end build for Clerics. Their core is support, and at the end, well-rounded is probably what it’ll always be optimized to be, if not full support.

And sure maybe any Cleric can survive those mobs, the argument wasn’t that. It’s how many others can perform as well in those scenarios. I’m not sure how you throw the merit of that feat so easily away. If a Class can stand well on its own in some of the more difficult settings, it’ll only be proven stronger in a group setting.

Hey… right now I play the similar build like yours, but I take pardoner rather than monk… I use mainly auto attack and incineration - discerning - pandemic combo, about 220 dex and 90 con, no int and str at all

I can confirm that physical plague doctor is viable mainly because incineration damage scale itself without any investment in magic attack, per tick is about 2000 with maxed attribute (we can get magic attack from weapon 300 from catacomb mace - and 170 from blessing, its already like 470 int),

so the incineration is like filler to our physical attack… And as pardoner I can confirm this is the easiest build to solo until endgame, you can fill those lack of dps with money (better weapon scales better because of very high dex -> 1,5 times damage), also the survivability is very high mainly because you have evasion, block, and rather high hp

That’s not the question I’m asking though. You both seem to be telling me the benefit of Plague Doctor. I’m not questioning the benefit of Plague Doctor I’m well aware it’s a powerful class.

I’ll explain it like this.

Is physical based Plague Doctor better than magical based Plague Doctor = Yes/No. (ignoring other factors of the build we’ll get to those)

If = Yes = Then class has a viable niche, thus build is legitimate.

If = No = Is Monk 2 Better DPS than Magical based Cleric = Yes/No?

If = Yes = Then class has a viable niche, thus build is legitimate.

If = No = Is the overall build better at support than a magic based Cleric = Yes/No?

If = Yes = Then class has a viable niche, thus the class is legitimate.

If = No = Does the overall class heal better than a magical based Cleric = Yes/No?

If = Yes = Then class has a viable niche, thus the build it legitimate.

If = No = Then what the fu-k is the point of the build?

Because to all those questions the answer seems no to me. I’ll throw you a bone an say maybe this build has a survivability niche over all other Clerics. But Cleric is already the most survivable class in the game.

I don’t see the point of making it more durable outside of PvP.

I already addressed that. And you’re asking a loaded question. You’re essentially asking a leading question like, “Is a Int based Swordsman better than a Str based Swordsman”. Loaded Question. I don’t see how you can asses a Class in this game without looking at all the variables such as, Class Ranks, Stat builds, skill choices.

The very first post address all of this lol.

It’s not a loaded question. I’m asking quite simply if I make a correctly specced intellect based Cleric Plague Doctor.

What exactly are you going to offer to a team better than what I offer.

It doesn’t seem to be DPS.

It doesn’t seem to be Support.

It doesn’t seem to be Healing.

So what exactly do you offer?

It should take you less than a single paragraph to spell that out. One single paragraph explaining what your class has to offer over an intellect based Plague Doctor.

I don’t want to here what’s good about Plague Doctors. I want to hear what makes your Plague Doctor build not just an inferior version to an Intellect based one using magical attacks.

Uh… you keep talking about INT PD but PD has never been about Incinerate, but rather about it’s CC immunity & Survivability in PvP.
I don’t see any diference between a INT PD and a STR PD for PvP, where you get PD to not get fisted by wizards like you do without it.
I think you’re looking at it in a PvE perspective, not PvP.

You’re still looking at things too narrowly. It’s a Monk build. It’s a jack of all trades. Your concerns are addressed in the original post, perhaps not strictly written out. It’s there for you to comprehend and make those inferences yourself.

I don’t know how more loaded your question can get. [quote=“Menech, post:66, topic:182309, full:true”]
It’s not a loaded question. I’m asking quite simply if I make a correctly specced intellect based Cleric Plague Doctor.

What exactly are you going to offer to a team better than what I offer.
[/quote]
You’re asking me to compare my build to some imaginary build you’ve yet to highlight.

That might be it, @Menech if you’re not looking for something that has PvP viability and strictly focus on PvE this entire guide might not be for you. I’m pretty satisfied with how I’ve performed in GvG with this character so far. PD in every party is a must, so many things are avoided in PvP settings from Bloodletting. I laugh at the enemies as I move around freely and drop energy blasts on them. Providing my own Status protection is absolutely amazing. And when you land those incinerates, oh the joy. Providing max rank revives for my party is gold. Although it bugs out sometimes and doesn’t trigger the 50% HP heal, when it does and the 10 seconds of invincibility happens, ohhhhhh boy. Free reign, or a second chance at surviving.

I already acknowledged the build should be decent for PvP. This is a question of PvE. Since you asked for a build I decided to provide you with one.

Keep in mind I’m no expert with Plague Doctor, I just made this build around doing everything your build does but better in PvE.

It’s definitely going to have more DPS, an better healing I don’t think anyone would debate that.

I also think overall it has a better range of support skills. An a higher level of Plague Doctor skills thanks to Cleric buff.

What would make your build specifically for PvE better than this for example?

That one is easy, you’re lacking fillers big time in that build. Looks great as a healer though, although Priest 3 would be even better of course. Druid’s Carnivoy is great, but you really need to decide between the Priest circles and Diev. Diev would provide a different set of utility and at least some filler DPS. Otherwise I could easily out DPS that Int Plague Doctor build of yours. I could line up many more debuffs, synergize with Monstrance for more crit and evasion, and begin incineration much sooner.

I mean I’d more than welcome anyone to come test damage out or 1v1 my Monk. I don’t mean to sound cocky, I haven’t lost a 1v1 yet. I can turtle too well and sustain too well. The only real challenges are other Clerics, Chaplains to be specific.

You need fast and reliable debuffs to work incinerate. Cleric’s Deprotect zone is okay. Monstrance even better, hard to land but it’s partly why my build suggests lvl 3, you’ll easily land it on large bosses and a bit more easy for regular monsters. The targeting is just plain random. The bright side is the debuff lasts long. Then the plethora of monk strikes you’re going to use anyways. And incinerate. On average even with some resisted debuffs, i seen at least 14 seconds of incinerate.

That’s 1.5k x 28. While I dance around and let you burn. The saving grace for PvP here is that Monk’s are one of the few cleric classes that offer any form of CC. As much as I despise knock backs and ups, they give us an opportunity to at least screw our opponent over and direct them in general. That much needed combination of CC and debuff is what makes Monk PD great at PvP. Stacking Stone Skin and Monstrance, archers and swordsman cringe. Even when I engage without bloodletting or beak mask, as long as I got those two up I may as well be physically immune.

Sigh… An we’re back to PvP an heavily overestimating your heavily gimped C2 Monk damage.

I’m out thanks for at least trying to be constructive.

Edit, my last part wasn’t civil. I mean it you’re at least happy to engage me in conversation. But I don’t think you understand how lacking in damage C2 Monk is so I’ll leave this conversation alone.

I already addressed your PvE concern. That build simply cannot compete with the DPS output of mine nor do you provide the same flexible physical mitigation of Stone Skin.

If you are still interested, strong points of STR Monk2PD:

1)CC Immunity.
2)Self Healing.
3)Lots of negative effects for longer Incinerate.
4)Spreading dots with Pandemic.
5)Energy blast.

If you spread bleed and one-inch punch debuff you will already easily outdamage any INT PD. Add there Double Punch spamming, and your DPS would be much higher. The only downside is weaker heal, but for priest3 or cleric2 it’s not a big problem, as heal is % based.

Monk2 it not that lacking in damage, bleed and one-inch punch debuff just as Double Punch still do quite good damage already at rank2.

Sure monk3 will deal more damage than PD, but not drastically more. The main reason for monk3 is longer energy beam duration and longer one-inch punch, double punch won’t get too much damage. PD will provide more utility and AoE(from Pandemic) instead.

Monk3 can only be better if you have another PD in your team or if Rank8 class suits monk well enough. Otherwise PD is better.

Hi! If i choose Cleric 2 Priest 2 Monk 2 Plague Dr 1 instead of Priest 3 will it be less effective in terms of PVP? because im at C2 P2 right now and i plan to get PD at rank 7 as well.

Yes, it will be much less effective, taking into account how OP Stone Skin is in PvP.

but, what is betters skills if take Pd?

And what final status would be for a Monk 2 + pd (pd is not based on INT)?

Thanks for this build. I might actually go this route for my cleric monk. It fits what I wanted (wanted some status immunity. and more solo ability) And, Healing Factor seems so incredibly good, to add so much survivability from what I saw. :open_mouth:
I’ll see what I feel like once I’m rank 6. It’s basically between more damage or more survivability, imo.

It seems like Clerics can go any build and just slap on PD at rank7 now XD

its all about that cleric 3 pally monk 2 plague hybrid heal/dps pvp/pve build with club/aisa shield breh :wink:

I have two questions about PD.

one is, has anyone been able to use Pandemic well yet now?
And most importantly, what does leveling the skill do? It says ‘applies a maximum of x times’. What does that mean, and what does it do with the debuffs that it applies more than once? I don’t really get it.

second one, does Blessing add damage to each hit of lasting damage from incinerate? And actually, does it add damage to bleed? I know some bleeds are based on patk, but does it count? (because Blessing is by ‘count’, so I assume it doesn’t necessarily raise your patk for these effects, but I don’t knoe, really.)