Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Detailed Mechanics Overview

I would prefer EVA and ACC too… DR confused me a bit first when I checked the gems. I also found a little mistake that Dispeller Scroll is not Removal type it is Prevention ( you can activate your stack and then it uses up 1 scroll automatically when you would get a debuff ). I don’t think it removes any debuffs if you activate it after you got a debuff…but if it does then it’s both.

Thank you for your work btw I keep checking back for things… so it’s rly useful for me. :relieved:

1 Like

This is an amazing work and one I will be checking repeatedly not only until release but likely throughout my entire adventure with ToS.

While you said not to pay attention to it, I have a small remark regarding formatting. It would benefit the invested reader, if you used square brackets to mark sources: [1]. You currently use superscript, which is usually used to refer to footnotes, be it at the bottom of page or at the end of chapter. I spent quite some time scrolling up and down looking to where that pesky footnote is hidden, while you were simply marking a source.

The number in square bracket format of referencing source material is called the Vancouver system. It is widely accepted as the standard for any scientific document (there are some exceptions, like Harvard system used in medical papers). Vancouver system states that citation is presented in square brackets, either as superscript or as normal text. It should be immediately understandable to the reader and is even supported by many pdf reader apps.

While the ‘small remark’ is longer then the praise paragraph, I would like to ensure you that the latter is much bigger than the former.

Oracle’s death sentence has changed to a RANK 1 debuff, as per the update on the 28th.

1 Like

@vyne_
Hunter
Coursing now affect bind
Snatching affect bleeding
What level of ailment those two ?
Please update :slight_smile:

For those who are looking for updates, I just want to inform you guys that @vyne_ is currently busy with his real life jobs. So he might not have the time to figure out about the recent changes in kOBT at the moment. :slightly_smiling:

I think he should make this project open source, or just let some chosen ppl edit the guide

Because he already had a lot of work to create it, and will have as much work if he intend to keep it up to date x.x

Haha thanks @Erokhi. Yeah, sorry for the lack of updates, I know there have been a few changes in the past few patches I need to update. I have been tracking everything though so this won’t be too difficult.

That would be nice! Haha, but I am not concerned. It is partly why I haven’t been updating, just because the state of the game is pretty volatile at the moment. Expect everything to be consolidated for international release :slightly_smiling:

Seem can’t find AOE ATK/DF rate here

AOE Atk Ratio gives you a chance to hit multiple enemys. Based on the aoe defense of the enemies.

Atm as far as i know.

Normal Monsters= 1~3 AOE Defense.

If you have 4 aoe atk and hit 2 Monsters with 3 Aoe Defense, you will hit both.
If you have 0 ~3 Aoe Atk, you hit one of these 3 Defense ones.

AOE Defense can be decreased with some skills, like falconers circling.
IT CAN REACH NEGATIVE!

Negative means, that you can hit unlimmited amounts. As logn as they’re in side your AOE Shape of your atk.

AOE Atk Ratio is based on your class, equip, bonuses from scrolls to headgear (dungeons or pay for them, literally buy them from market… if you want some).

Skills that are sometimes “singletarget” are in reality AOE Atk Skills … like multishot. But they’re aoe Atk ratio is 0. (like Bash?) and as you got 0 Aoe Atk ratio as Archer, it only hits 1 enemy.

Get more AOE Atk ratio= Atk more Enemys with a bunch of skills (not all) and your auto atk (not all classes).

Eh I thought small/medium/large monsters have aoe def 1/2/3, respectively. And your aoe ratio attack will decide how many monster you can hit. Ex: your skill has 6 aoe attack so you can hit 2 monsters with 3 aoe def or 3 monsters with 2 aoe def or 6 monsters with 1 aoe def.

Actually.

Small have most times 1.
But medium can have 2~3.
Large have mostly 3.

Some have higher aoe defense … but i would need to search for them.

And with 6 aoe atk ratio, you hit 2 (with 3 aoe defense).
With 7 aoe atk, you hit 3 of the same.

You always hit once, regardless of how much aoe atk ratio is needed.
The additional enemy (enemy hit defense ratio+1= 2 enemys hit)

9 Aoe atk ratio would hit 9 aoe defense 1 monsters.
Or 5 aoe defense 2 monsters~

I ALWAYS tought you need the exact numbers too … and that archer skills are (if not labeled as such) non aoe …
But videos proved me wrong xD.

Yognome as example has 3 aoe defense. Medium sized.

1 Like

Falconer c2 -10 aoe df ratio is useless too over kills right?

Useless too overkills.
You won’t register multiple hits with it. (SADLY xD… )

But you can make skills like Multishot … into one of the best AOE Sweepers.
And theoreticaly, claymore trap+ that. Should help overkill stuff a bit. (but at that level range… you need a real real real realllyy good weapon, upped heavily).

The one skill from fletcher (divine Arrow) is atm the best to overkill Stuff.
Atleast from my perspective.

It’s 200% atk+ 2700 atk Attrbiute( Bonus Flyingtype)*crit+crit atk. (Lets say 1k atk base. Around 28k hit’s against flying, with maxed attributes…)
10 Seconds after you hit them with it. So you can hit something with it, down it to 2~5% and get the blast for overkill.
WHICH actually is a small circle true aoe… as far as i know, never could test it out fully.

I DONT KNOW if the blast triggers, when the target is killed prior… and if that counts to overkill dps…

Weapons like Mana-mana and Handgun does kind of AoE damage on basic (secondary) attack if you’re targeting a monster (with target lock) and there are monsters in the way. You would hit monsters in that line until it hits the target.

I don’t know if it takes AoE attack ration into account or not.

Yes, if you have 4 AoE ratio and there are 2 middle type monsters on your line, then you will hit 2 of em.
But if you have 4 AoE ratio and there are 2 large monsters on your line, you will only hit 1 of em, which should be the one who is standing in the way.

Sadly it doesn’t work with crossbow attacks and the gun attack is kinda slow =(

Actually if these large monsters have aoe defense ratio of 3. You still hit both.
Only if one of them or both have 4 aoe defense, you wont hit both with 4 aoe atk ratio.

In pvp and arena, there is -50% damage reduction

Eh? What is reduced? All kind of attack is reduced?

Skill and skill effectiveness (eg: revive invi change to 3 secs iirc)

1 Like