Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Damage formula

Does anyone know what is calculated first when you have an attribute that adds a flat value and one that adds a percent value?

Like the attribute that increases damage done by electrocute by 50% of your Matk to frozen enemies.

and the attribute that increases electrocutes damage by 100%

For example ill say my MATK is 600 so would it be
(609+300) * 2=1818
or
(609*2)+ 300 = 1518

Assuming no other variables come into play?

I recorded my damage from Enchant Fire as I was leveling to see if it would scale. The fire damage given by the buff shows up as an additional number after the initial auto attack damage is shown, so it would show my auto attack hit for 100 without the buff, and 100 + 30 with the buff. I noticed that the higher level I became, the more damage it would do, as if it were scaling alongside my auto attack damage. It started out doing about 20 damage with the skill maxed out at level 30, and gradually increased to about 30 damage at level 60.

I was unable to go through the steps that you took, so it could have been that my attributes and +fire stats were increasing the damage, but I wanted to ask and see if anyone else noticed the same thing. It could be that purely your level increases +element damage skills like this, which I really doubt, but is something worth testing.

Seems like this is also how it works with Sacrament. Not entirely sure if +element damage is special, or if your formula missed accounting for something when it comes to +flat spell damage.

its 50% matk so skill damage doe not play into it at all from what i know. but it also ignored defense im pretty sure. it was the same way with the similar talent that catar stroke has. 50% phys atk delt to enemies that are sent flying. but this damage ignored all defense, monster i hit for 1 with catar took the full 50% physical anyway

enchant damage has nothing to do with the spell damage formula, it seems to add a % of your final damage as fire bonus but i didnt test enough to actually confirm/deny but it could also be that it adds a flat value but your fire atk stat was increased through gear or attributes

i thinks there not be a word of ā€œmagic canā€™t missā€ the same as ā€œmagic canā€™t criā€ in this game

different type of attack and skill has different machanic and calculate formula

the accuracy of skill may be like this.

example

base Character accurary 200 , critical rate 200

Auto Attack
P = accurary 200 , critical rate 200
M = accurary 300 , critical rate 100 or accurary 400 , critical rate 0

and everyskill have their own calculate formula likes
+100 accurary
+100 accurary +10 critical rate
+150 accurary - 50 critical rate
-100 critical rate
+100 critical rate
-100 accurary
-50 accurary

thatā€™s mean "thereā€™re no useless status"

maybe Magic attack skill of Swordman class and Archer class exit in the future
but now they can buy scroll form Pardoner for this.lol

You will seen mob dodge a lot in this clip

here we go to my favourite partā€¦ formulas! :yum:

hes using his PHYSICAL attack when hes missing just fyi, look at his hands hes not launching magic. we tested this throughly, magic cannot miss or crit.

3.15-3.32 AA with multi target and large AOE like thatā€™? when use "Ice blast"can aa at the same time?

4.05-4.15

5.55-6.00

8.30-8.50

Will be good if ask Dev about this?

youll also notice that when it shows that it does damage i dont know what that ā€œdodgeā€ is, it is certainly not his ice blast spell. he must have some sort of elemental component on his gear or weapon that they are immune to (which displays as dodge but itā€™s basically absorb) I canā€™t know without seeing everything he has on and knowing all the attributes and buffs and buff attributes of everyone in his party. but that would be my guess. his 300 damage ice blast is hitting every single target that is frozen for full damage and is not missing.

edit: actually you know what, i think this is his party missing. i dont remember seeing partyā€™s damage and misses but you can clearly see the otherā€™s damage/dodges in this video. maybe it was an option, i didnt play with those that much this time.

4.30-4.50

I see it in this clip too

canā€™t be sure until dev comfirm it

ok so from observation here it happens when he casts the spell but they unfreeze before the damage connects. the way that spell works is if an enemy if frozen it ā€œshattersā€ them dealing damage. but they have to be frozen. it looks like they are unfreezing mid cast and itā€™s still attempting to connect the damage. but also consider that this is from kCBT2 at best CBT3 changes the UI to paper backgrounds. maybe something changed between then and now. the current form is magic doesnt miss. this spell might be the exception when they are unfrozen as it doesnt attack enemies that arent frozen. itā€™s technically not about missing so much as the vulnerability type changing

edit: i see another possible thread that links them, ice blast deals damage to nearby targets as well, and it seems the dodges happen when there is an ice wall around, maybe the ice wall is immune to the blast aoe to prevent ice wall from being destroyed instantly or sending out an impossibly high amount of ice shards at once.

until i cant get someone to test all of these theories with one monster at a time 10-20 times each with no gear on i cant be sure of any of them. what i can be sure of is that someone on the kCBT3 server used their stat reset at level 100+ and went full dex and never crit, and many many people have gone full int and never missed. this ice combo seems to be an oddity not a regular thing. i couldnt tell you for sure until next beta

1 Like

Iā€™m save this in my folder for my future builds :wink:

Thanks

Sorry in advanced for my poor english

in my minds eye for a swordsman - your formula for crits looks like this:
= (((physical atk+skill atk+ atk bonuses - physical def) * 1.5 + critical hit damage) * type mod + ā€œadditional damageā€)

Iā€™m not sure how critical resistance works. Does it reduce critical hit rate or critical hit damage?

I read somewhere that using 2H swords add x1.1 to your total damage or was that exclusively for catar stroke?

Lastly; how does the 2H Sword mastery factor in to the damage equation?

Thread so long xD, I just want confirmation on how Magic is calculated, from what I read, the formula should be (M-attack + Skill attack) - Enemyā€™s M-def + % bonuses/attributes?

So for example, Lets say you have 100 M-attack while target has 100 M-def, you use level 1 energy bolt, which has a skill attack of 44, as for the bonuses, lets say you have the attribute that adds 100% damage, (100 + 44) - 100 = 44 * attribute bonus = your damage would be 88? :smile:

or does the bonus go before the targetā€™s M-def? in this case, (100 + 44) * attribute bonus = 288 - 100 M-def = your damage would be 188?

Thanks in advance ^-^

energy bolt has a special modifire, it deals 150% of final calculated damage divided semi randomly between 2 hits. so if you add both hits youd see 132 damage total

1 Like

we dont know how critical resistance works at the moment cause we did not have pvp in iCBT and there is really 0 way to determine critical resistance of monsters I think. catar stroke deals 10% more damage than the formula would give. as for 2 hand mastery iirc thatā€™s the one that increases critical damage yes? it increases your ā€œcritical attackā€ stat by the number listed when using 2hand swords. itā€™s been a while and i couldnt find the description of the attribute.

For crit stat it seems pretty simple from what people say, itā€™s only:
YourCrit - EnnemyByPassCritStats = YourCritRateAgainstThisEnnemy.

Man, gods and goddesses will bless you with an everlasting life if you are willing to test all the resistances (including evasion) in the next CBT :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Delven nope, not that simple. Critical rate and critical chance are completely different variables.

Iā€™m not talking aobut crit damages, juste about critical rates. But maybe i was a little too undefinite. So here again:

YourCritChanceStatFlatNumber - EnnemyByPassCritChanceStatFlatNumber = YourCritRateAgainstTheEnnemy.

Better? ^^

1 Like

Yeah, mate, Iā€™m not talking about critical damage either. In TOS, thereā€™s a term called ā€œCritical Rateā€ and the other being ā€œCritical Chanceā€.

Critical chance = your flat/final number in percentage for the chance of you doing a critical hit per attack.

Critical rate = a character status which will go through a formula before being converted into critical chance. Critical resistance goes into that formula but there will be other variables to be calculated (which is still unknown/untested).

For example: your character have 300 critical rate. The enemyā€™s critical resistance status is 100. 300-100 = 200.

However, there will be neither a 200% nor a 100% critical chance in that case. Why? Because there are some other variables which are still undiscovered.