Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Big Bossing: Part 1 World Bosses (outdated as of 8/1/2017)

For those of you deeply curious to the why and the how, this is part one of tracking and hunting bosses. This guide is to help anyone wishing to know any of the how to with world bossing. Bosses will be covered in order of their level. Keep in mind I like to keep this purely informational as to shorten the guide/have it be useful.

To which I will cover;
  • where to find/track world bosses
  • what world bosses drop
  • things you need to look out for when fighting a world boss
  • tools/tips that might help give you that extra edge
And I will not cover;
  • Optimal builds
  • reroll costs
  • boss stats (will include links to them)

The first thing to know is the universal rules which apply to world bosses which are;

1. A world boss will never spawn on the previous map it was on, but will spawn randomly on the other possible maps (this means it will alternate maps if there is only 2 possible maps)
  2. World bosses will remain for 1.5 hours. If out of combat after 1 and half hours it will despawn, but will remain until it is out of combat.
  3. World bosses will give an 8 hour debuff that will prevent you from getting cube at any other world boss with that 1 character. This debuff does count down while logged out
  4. World bosses spawn every 4 hours, exceptions to jackpot world bosses (which occur on circumstances I don’t know of) or the channel crashing (which is also impossible to tell).
  5. Should either there be a Jackpot or a crashed channel the respawn timer will reset and will once again take 4 hours for the next one
  6. World bosses give cubes to the top dps and their party upon killing it. The cube will automatically go to your inventory even if dead. Silver will also drop which isn’t as important but can be picked up normally.
  7. World bosses have spawn points but they never spawn directly in the center of them rather in general areas, learning those general areas can help you when it gets highly contested (to which tends to be in rooms and not in hallways)
  8. World bosses only spawn on ch1, once again exceptions to jackpot bosses
  9. All World bosses will spawn 4 hours after the servers come up on one of the maps they are normally on at random, when the servers are up is debatable as it can vary on the maintenance (in other words it’s not when they open them to players but rather when they come online)

[details= Quick Tips:]

• I highly recommend working with others allowing you to alternate who bring the high dps character, cover more of the map at one time when bosses spawn, cover times you can’t be on for world bosses or even being able to take down the high level world bosses in the first place.
  • The most amazing and beautiful addon that would locate bosses on the map is dead. You may be gone but you are not forgotten.
  • Having more then one character can help so you can show up to bosses more then every 8 hours
  • world bosses have a warning for when they are “about to” spawn. This is an approx 2 hour heads up before they spawn on that map.
  • Understanding that finding the boss the first time is the hard part, so it might be easy to get discouraged. However, part of the game is perseverance even when nothing goes your way.[/details]

Blasphemous Deathweaver

Locations: Crystal Mines 2F/3F, Ashaq Underground prison 1F/2F/3F
Level: 24
Drops: DeathWeaver Card, DeathWeaver club, DeathWeaver bow, DeathWeaver crossbow, DeathWeaver cutter, DeathWeaver rod, DeathWeaver Tooth, Silver bar
Details: DeathWeaver is currently the only world boss that there are two of. One spawns in crystal mines and One spawns in Ashaq, the biggest struggle with deathweaver is getting to hit it as it can easily be murdered by anyone who doesn’t like spiders. With less then 1mil hp it’s easily a snack for most high dps builds, If you need better odds form a large party and spread out over the map in mines, while in ashaq try to keep a fast runner on every floor it will spawn on. Combat wise you’re not really in much danger so long as you are lvl 50+.

Bleak Chapparition

Locations: Tenet Church B1/1F
Level: 42
Drops: Chapparition Card, Chapparition Bow, Chapparition Mace, Chapparition Rod, Chapparition Shooter, Chapparition Sword, Chapparition 2handed Sword, Chapparition Staff, Silver Bar
Details: The biggest thing to pay attention to is it does not spawn on 2F of tenet otherwise (which it can as a jackpot) it’s really straight forward and sticks to the rules. Combat wise he’s not going to hit very hard if you are 90+. If you do happen to be low level watch out for a large aoe he does in front of him, it will easily one shot you

Hungry Velnia Monkey

Locations: Novaha Assembly Hall, Novaha Annex, Novaha Institute
Level: 56
Drops: Talt, Velnia monkey armor (rec), Velnia monkey pants (rec), Gold Bar, Silver Bar, White Tiger Mask (rec)
Details: Very unpopular world boss and for good reason thanks to it’s poor drop list. I can’t tell you much about it combat wise either, but it’s not a threat for most characters anyways. I can tell you for a fact though, that it’s not a monkey.

Violent Cerberus

Locations: Royal Mausoleum 4F/5F
Level: 96
Drops: Cerberus Card, Gold Bar, Primaluce, Durandal, Gladiator Band (rec), Nurse Hat
Details: A Rather popular world boss thanks to unique and good drops. The update to bosses made Cerberus not only easier to kill but hardly a threat at the same time. Will spawn flame pillars when his hp gets low.

Forest Keeper Ferret Marauder

Locations: Bellai Rainforest/Zeraha/Seir Rainforest
Level: 103
Drops: Talt, Gold Bar, Ferret Marauder Horns, Ferret Marauder Shell, Ferret Marauder Shield
Details: Easily the world boss I’ve done the least of (out of the low level bosses) so I can’t tell you much about it. However when i have done it, it’s been little to no problem to take it down

Noisy Mineloader

Locations: Mage Tower 4F/5F
Level: 135
Drops: Mineloader Card, Pink Bunny (headgear), Gold Bar, Trinity Sword (rec), Wilding Bane (rec)
Details: Noisy Mineloader isn’t that much different from fighting regular mineloader in 130 dun. Just remember hug him from green laser, run away for purple and stay away from red orbs.

Burning Fire Lord

Locations: Main Chamber/Sanctuary
Level: 148
Drops: Fire Lord Card, Ruby, Kaloo Hammer (rec), Wizard Slayer (rec)
Details: Outside of both the maps being difficult to check for him, he’s straight forward like the last bosses. Big aoes like normal, absolutely terrible drop list.

Wrathful Harpeia

Locations: Demon Prison District 1/2/5
Level: 166
Drops: Harpiea Card, Zircon, Audra (rec), Luciduce (rec)
Details: DP5 is rather far away from any statue making it more pain to track harpy then anything else. Once again if you fought harpy in 130 dun it’s not much different, but I would recommend 190+ characters due to the large aoes harpy has.

Starving Ellaganos

Locations: Videntis Shrine/Mokusul Chamber
Level: 200
Drops: Ellaganos Card, Maledoom (rec), Feather Armband (rec), Max Petamion (rec), Sissel Bracelet (rec)
Details: Ellaganos is more annoying to fight then anything else with large aoes that cause knockback and spawning on large maps it can be difficult to get your hits in when competing with others for cube.

Prison Manager Prison “Pizza” Cutter

Locations: Sentry Bailey/Resident Quarter/Storage Quarter/Fortress Battlegrounds
Level: 217
Drops: talt, element dance (rec)
Details: Boasting the dumbest name for a boss and large aoes like a lot of world bosses. Prison cutter can pretty hard hitting as many of those aoes are multi hit, but there are no cc to be afraid of from him so it’s more of a game of staying alive.

Level 280 bosses

For the most part all the rules of the previous hold true to the 280 bosses, but there are a couple additions:

1. It’s also imperative to know all of the 280 bosses will destroy magic circles if there are too many on the ground (which will include heal, safety zone, ect)
  2. bosses that share maps alternate between which one you fight next (this means if you fought mirtis in solitary cells, helga will spawn 4 hours from her death in one of the other maps they spawn in)

Mirtis

Locations: Kalejimas Visiting Room, Storage, Solitary Cells, Workshop, Investigation Room
Level: 275
Drops: talt, Cripple (rec), Shark Cutter (rec), Marksman (rec)
Details:

Helgasercle

Locations: Kalejimas Visiting Room, Storage, Solitary Cells, Workshop, Investigation Room
Level: 280
Drops: talt, Bandit (rec), Heldasercle Card
Details:

Rexipher

Locations: Thaumas Trail, Salvia Forest, Sekta Forest, Rasvoy Lake, Oasseu Memorial, Maven Abby
Level: 275
Drops: talt, Iron Fist (rec), Finisher (rec), Circle Rod (rec), Rexipher Card
Details: Rexi is an annoying fight. Not a marathon like he used to be before the re-balance but annoying all the same. He is able to reflect damage, cast death sentence and drain sp. So you’ll need to stock up on sp pots/dispellers if possible or possibly bring a priest.

Demon Lord Marnox

Locations: Thaumas Trail, Salvia Forest, Sekta Forest, Rasvoy Lake, Oasseu Memorial, Maven Abby
Level: 280
Drops: talt, Power Staff (rec)
Details: Marnox is very fast. Most of his attacks come out quick, has an attack that makes him leap across the map basically, along with fast walk speed. his speed can turn things into a brawl fast. Spawns flame pillars, then breaks them, always a good laugh.

Level 330 bosses

Similar to 280 bosses but instead of additions they have some exceptions to the rules:

1. All 330 bosses have a 16 hour respawn, not a 4 hour one.
  2. The warning for when the boss is about to spawn is for 8 hours not 2 hours.
  3. None of the rules apply from 280 bosses.
  4. I believe it is impossible to get jackpot bosses for 330 bosses.

Demon Lord Blut

Locations: Tevhrin Stalactite Cave Section 1/2/3/4/5
Level: 330
Drops: talt, hasta gear
Details: puts down poison pools, missile hole is nice

Demon Lord Nuaele

Locations: Mishekan/Nobreer/Yugejan/Syla Forest
Drops: talt, Tevhrin things
Details: missile hole is nice, unless you got agro don’t stand in front

Demon Lord Zaura

Locations: Mollogheo/Ghibulinas forest, Alembique cave
Drops: garbage and talt
Details: I dunno he spins a lot, missile hole is nice, shields are nice

Need Part 2 on event/gimmick bosses? You can find it here
Need Part 3 on Field bosses? you can find it here

Thanks for reading my guide.
Currently in the process of updating it, so some things might be missing/incomplete/incorrect (330 information). I will get on this in the next week. If you have anything to add please feel free to comment.

17 Likes

Pretty great guide bro, but I think you may have confused world bosses with field bosses… Because in game, the debuff actually says “Field Boss Cube Unobtainable”, iirc. Also it says that a " field boss has been defeated " after you kill the debuffing type of bosses.

I was also confused about this before, because more than a few Reddit posts as well as some forum posts are not following the convention present in game.

Also, one of the 280 bosses, drop the Marksman Bow recipe. I forgot which though :x lol

I simply don’t follow convention because it’s much simpler to give them two categories. World bosses give debuff and aren’t tied down to one field. Even if the game calls them a field boss (including the addon) they are much more of a world boss at least in my opinion.

I’ll have to dig around about marksman tho i know your right i just don’t know which either lol

Nice guide! You might want to add the 330 field bosses Blut (Tevhrin 1F-5F), Nuaele (level 322-327 map), and Zaura (level 313-320 map) which have a respawn time of 16 hrs from time of death. Blut cube gives Hasta armors, Nuaele cube gives Tevhrin weapons, Zaura cube gives Valtas armors and a small chance for their cards but mostly Talts. Cube is 700k silver per reroll.

Also, about number 2, field bosses despawn 1hr 30mins (not just 1hr) if nobody attacks them. I’ve personally witnessed this twice. First one with Mirtis after maintenance long ago since all field bosses spawn at the same time after maintenance. Second one was with Zaura which I hit once and then I teleported out. I went back to it near the 1hr 30mins mark and watch Zaura die alone. Too bad, I’ve deleted my screenshot for this as proof.

Still good guide same with your gimmik boss guide. Are you gonna make a part 3 for the other bosses (Abomination, Canceril, Necroventer, etc.)? Best let everyone know about them too so we’ll have boss campers again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

didn’t realize it was an hour and a half, thanks for the info ill update

I’ll get on the new ones at a later date, but spawn mechanics look diff if they are 16hr might be better to make a seperate guide for new wbs even if it ends up being short

yes definitely, only thing preventing me from compiling the last guide right now is I’m missing spawn points on the maps. It’s the main one i wanted to cover with the series but is gonna require the most work as i need to fight them several times (and camp them). I might make it ahead of time, then add the points I’m missing on one or two of them later on.

1 Like

I will link to your threads

solid guide
only thing i would add is that marnox and rexipher rotates, you have to kill marnox in order for rexipher to spawn and vice versa
rexipher is probably the most annoying boss i had to fight

do you recall if mirtis/helga are the same way? Only done them a few times back. I always thought they worked like that but was never certain

Yes Helga and mirtis are the same way as rexipher/marnox.
They spawn in the same places.

1 Like

Looking forward to guides on the newer bosses :3

ya, That’ll prob be weeks till i get the information i want on them tho. I still need to fight blut and the zaurasurasudh guy or w/e his name is (I want to include how to fight them). not sure if I’ll do them partially or at once. I think i will be including strong class options, unlike the previous bosses

Update them partially, IMO. Just because I look forward to it lol.

Ya i know enough about naule now was pretty funny fighting naule for first time tho, didn’t have missile hole up and got hit for like 70k damage at once lol. I’ll try to see what i can do, I don’t know how quickly i will get to all the new ones and write them up

Diev3 and Krivis3 for unlimitted Ausrine to easily take down Nuaele and Blut. Can’t do that on Zaura because he jumps a lot. 16 hrs respawn for these 3 field bosses but only Blut has good cube loots. :frowning:

nuaele cards are nice money.

alternatively you can use a sage against naule, not easy to get krivs3/diev3s. and a lot of what she does is negated by missile hole anyways

most times when you do 280+ world bosses you aren’t doing it for drops because main drop is talt. It’s more of a for challenge or for fun sort of thing

Eh not really. i get something crap worse than talt for nuaele 50% of the time lol.

For blud i normally reroll and so far my odds is out of 8 rolls i normally get 2 hasta pieces.

Since this is about boss thread, anyone noticed why or how the boss ranking bugs? Like there is only 1 or 2 ranks after the boss dies even though those 2 parties only have 1 dps each.

Killed a shiny harpeia on ch2 demon prison 1 before. Is that normal? LOL

Demon lord World boss? Most likely DPS threshold not met. to be set into ranking