Tree of Savior Forum

Group merging(idea)

I just thought of a great idea. how about if there is a group of three and you are the leader of a group of two you can join their group, AS a group effectively merging the two groups together.

1 Like

Not sure if you meant “Party Invite” which can be solve by:
-Smaller Group Disband and get’s invited to the Bigger Group
-adding a “Invite a whole Party” button is unnecessary which is why NO mmo has implemented it

Or you Meant Mechanics Adjusting to the Groups
That we Call: Scaling System

• The number of members in the party will change the difficulty of the instance. This is how scaling system works.
    World of Warcraft as an open world has scaling system with no limitations, and being in a party don’t really matters.
    NPC will keep adjusting its stats depending on how many people are on combat with it.

Invite a whole party is actually a good feature to have though. Simple button that can ease the interaction.

I’m with mirara and the guy with weird name, it’s a good idea, especially working together with the “invite suggestion” feature.

(Where a message pops up showing nearby players that would fit your party)

You want both

• Invite Player to Party
  • Invite Party to Party

There are zero game with such options. Count how many games are out there, you will find NONE with such button.

I really can’t think of a reason for it to be implemented. Mind giving us more information why it’s necessary.

a while ago i went to do a dungeon and there where 4 groups trying to find a last member to start the dungeon when there was a total of 15 ppl there, and just because no other game has done it it doesent mean that imc shouldnt do it.

besides its just an idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Example:
http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/mechanic/party
Party is capped at 5 (4 groups, 15 people… 4 people per group would result to 16 people)

I do get your point though.
The problem here is the Party Cap which is why such button can not be implemented in any game.

Here is a Scenario (Party Cap is 10)

• 2 parties: 1st with 6 members, 2nd with 5 members
  • Who will the system AUTO KICKS to create a party of 10 people??
    OR
  • Who is that black sheep that would be automatically booted out just to create a 10 people party??

Now Let’s Change the Scenario (Party Cap is 10)

• 2 Parties: 1st with 5 members, 2nd with 5 members
  • Click “Invite Party”
  • Grats, you finally filled up the final slots in ONE click (Very convenient isn’t it?)

Now, Review this 2 scenario
Is such function necessary? or will it cause more problems?

i didnt say there were 4 people in each group i said there was 4 groups with a total of 15 people, and i am saying that if you are in a group of say around 2 and they have a group of 3 it would have a recommendation pop up that says your groups could merge together to create a full group.

Making a system that

• Invites the whole party as long as it does not exceed the cap
  • Warns you that it’s above the cap so not possible to merge
  • The party leader that invites, by default would be the leader
  • Loot settings of the leader, will automatically be the loot system of everyone
  • Bosses in an instance follows the New Leaders phasing
    (However if the new members already have done it: Doable but no reward)

Seems interesting
My point regarding who will be auto booted don’t really make sense and it’s stupid on my part

Guess this does make sense. Yep, I agree to this now.