Tree of Savior Forum

Ground laid skills becoming invisible

Date and Time: Anytime
Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse): Any control mode.

Bug Description: This doesn’t seem to really be a bug, it’s more of a problem with how the game layers some graphical assets over each other and how some places have the ground’s hitbox lower than the ground texture. I’m no graphical expert though, so it could be something else.
Basically, in some places skills that are placed on the ground will be completely invisible. It seems they disappear under water (like in the level 90 dungeon, for example), and frequently they will be placed under a piece of the ground, such as under grass, dirt or even under bricks like in Residence of the Fallen Legwyn Family.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Use a skill that is placed on the ground, such as Heal.
  2. Keep using it in different places.
  3. Eventually the skill will be invisible, as the squares will be under water/grass/dirt/etc.

Screenshots / Video:

Notice how the Cure square is clearly being covered by the grass, which is floating above where the ground actually is and thus above where the skill was actually placed. You can see the light effect that Cure gives off coming from under the grass.

Here the light given off by the Heal squares is coming from under the water/mud in the ground. These cases are more aggravating since it can be hard for a group to keep itself alive when people can’t see where the healing squares are.

Here we can see a skill being only partially obscured by the ground. You can see the bricks at the right are slightly higher than the ones on the left. They’re higher than where the ground actually is, and thus covering the Zaibas that was placed on the ground under it.

System

• CPU: Intel i5
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Graphics Card: GTS 250
  • Mainboard: H55H-M
  • Storage: 2TB
  • Internet Connection: 15MB download, 1MB upload
1 Like

Hello Savior. Thanks for letting us know about this. I’ll get this to our QA team right away so that something can be done. :slight_smile:

happened the same with my chortasmata

It happens all the time when my Krivis lands her skills in an elevated ground. In flat grounds, sometimes it happens but I can’t recall which maps (too many to mention haha!) :joy:

There is more to that - some ground textures have higher priority than character’s headgear rendering the latter invisibe or distorted.