Tree of Savior Forum

Green Penguin Redemption (oops)

I’ve nothing else to add if you make things up then.

in the past

Joins in the drama

In the past is not proof :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

(Netter will get his penguin when the servers merge!)

1 Like

I asked you for proofs for that claim and you provided none.
I never asked you to open a ticket.

First of all I’m not asking that to everyone. I’m asking it if you post some obviously wrong thing such as saying bugs that existed in the past still exists or making up numbers.

Do you have any suggestion for asking a certain forum user to post valid information instead of misleading ones on a whim? We can talk about it via PMs if you want to.

If you don’t want to talk about or have nothing to I’d humbly ask to not use my name in such statements since they can be interpreted as offensive by the fact they do not represent reality and have negative intention.

Second:
The report I made about a player here had a Staff like but I don’t know if the situation resulted in any type of sanctions.

Third:
I gave up on discussing this since there isn’t clear information from IMC. AFAIK, a game can choose to allow multiple accounts, that may vary on the context of usage.

I’ll give one example:
League of Legends is available through steam.

MMR Boosting things can be used by a single person with multiple accounts.

MMR Boosting can cause account suspension even if it has the excuse “I’m just playing with two accounts”.

Given this example, as far as I can understand by this under Steam terms, using two accounts by yourself for gaining unfair advantage compared to other players can be handled by the company, as long the company defines this as a violation of terms of service.

By my own experience discussing this specific issue:
-> A certain group of people, I highlight that the quantifier is unknown, defends that controlling multiple characters isn’t against the rules because they do that themselves.

-> A certain group of people, under the same assumption that the quantifier is unknown, defends that it isn’t against the rules for other valid reasons.

I’ve came to the conclusion it is surprisingly unworthy to have any discussions on the topic since the only valid answer would be one that is given by the responsible company itself. Other than that this type of usage can fall into violation of terms of service or not, depending on the reader point of view. Thus can be called, based on common sense meaning, as “Gray Area” by the fact there’s no clear instance on that.

Plus I’d like to add that multiple users sent multiple tickets in the past where both ticket answer exists, some gave interpretation as it was clearly disallowed and others gave interpretation as it was clearly allowed, with answers varying depending on the question asked, even though the given question was about the same topic.

That said, it is wise for none of the sides give affirmations as it is allowed because anything or disallowed because anything, it is just as uncertain as if the given activity falls into illegal or legal.

To finish my argument I’d like to add the Dragon Nest game case where it can be run through Steam but explicitly prevents Multiple Clients by implementation, any attempt to use Multiple Client from the same computer means you have edited the binary executable which is directly against Terms Of Usage. This case of Multiple Clienting effectively works just as any violation of Terms of Service, even though the game is playable via an authenticated Steam ID.

I’m not going digging through hundreds of posts over 6+ month old for something that doesn’t matter when we don’t know what their up to date position is due to lack of enforcement. It’s a waste of my time. I simply don’t care enough.

What matters is the CURRENT policy.

This is such an unbelievably meaningless thing that you’re angry at me about. Just stop and wait for an answer. I’m not responding again until one comes through.

Calm down.

You can’t naturally play TOS on the same computer without third party software either, nor does Steam works on the same computer without third party software.
I’m talking about multiple computers -> multiple accounts or multiple accounts -> single computer -> one account at time and that is allowed by Valve.

I’m not mad at you, but we have on our own server people (reported) that multiboxes (which is different, as it involves keys replication) since forever and never got banned.
I don’t see how something that is allowed by the platform would be not allowed here.

If you read my post again I covered this topic of a company being able to suspend one given user with the example about MMR Boosting through multiple account usage on a game playable through Steam.

Thus if a company defines the usage of multiple accounts by a certain user as violation of terms of services due to giving unfair advantage the company can legally suspend the given player, even though the given user is playing through his Steam ID.

Oh, like the people that exploited multiple guilds to gain free TP? Then we are all safe, since no one got banned for that.
And that is still different from simply having multiple accounts.

Yeah, that’s one good example of IMC policy and enforcement currently. AFAIK it wasn’t said as allowed or disallowed at any point and falls into the same discussion.

But I’d like to highlight it again that my argument was said to support that a company can sanction a user by playing with multiple accounts even if they’re using Steam, since the given examples from multiple games shows that companies can do that as well, but that is as long the action the user is engaged in is understood as violation of terms of service by the company or falls in any reason that the company should suspend the given user account.

I never said that. Exploiting game mechanics to get paid currency should not be allowed, period.
But banning someone for only having multiple accounts is not a reason for a ban, whatever they may say, because it’s allowed by Valve and you can appeal directly with the platform in that case.

since the given examples from multiple games

The examples you gave aren’t tied to multiple accounts, but to other violations (modifying the game client and such).

That should depend on context. Having != Playing with.

Playing with multiple accounts can be understood as exploiting game mechanics or not. But that’s entirely up to the company.

Repeating myself:

I reverse the question: can League of Legend ban someone that doesn’t exploit MMR boosting for only having two accounts?

It seems that many people have multiple accounts in league of legends:

It is allowed to have multiple accounts:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2534050

Again, having != playing, plus my example refers to, and only to, the sole action of playing with multiple accounts for an unfair advantage over other players, in this case called as MMR Boosting, which you do not refer in any way in your response.

Please keep the context of what is being discussed, thanks. If you want to change the topic of discussion, please say so, explicitly, so we have a clear view of what is really being discussed.

You are going out of context and changing the argument. I’m talking about having and playing on multiple accounts, you talk about exploiting multiple accounts like people did with free TP from GVG.

It is allowed even in league of legend:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2534050

Yes, I’m out of the context of your discussion, sorry.

This is an argument I made to reply to the thread flow:

Plus, my statement is pretty clear where unfair advantage is defined by the company, which is implied by my last statement that is quoted right above this paragraph. The sole action of playing on multiple accounts can be defined as unfair advantage or not but that’s entirely up to company.

If it does not apply to your case, please simply disregard it, it was made to be a response to the discussion flow and not to any specific answer or person.

Seriously this convo is starting to get off topic. Can you people stop bringing your petty argument to threads where people are asking for help.

Scroll to the top of this thread and look at the most frequent poster, see?

3 Likes

I always said that exploiting multiple accounts for free TP should have led to bans, I’m still puzzled by the fact that they put in the top 10 for three weeks the same two botters guild and no one got banned for that.
I’m against cheaters, I’m kinda pissed off by the fact that IMC did nothing against that and some of these people are still playing like it never happened.

But banning someone for only having two accounts would be silly, especially for a game published on steam.

If we want to talk about unfair/illicit gain look here:

This guy goes trolling players doing their dailies asking for a ransom or to join his guild in order to let them play and he’s not even afraid to say it in this forum.
Then we wonder why newcomers leave the game…

I have the same opinion.

But I defend the fact that playing with multiple accounts can be understood by the company as violation of terms of service or not, even on Steam platform. That’s something we can discuss, agree or disagree, won’t change the fact that the company is the only one with authority to define their own terms of service and ensure it is done properly covering rights and responsibilities.

But given that our discussion is off-topic considering the thread original post and that it doesn’t add any value to the thread starter I’m stopping to answer to these arguments, just like @CasualGamer suggested.

Thanks for the little talk, have a great day!

Just to be clear… What do you mean when you say multiple accounts? Do you mean multiple Steam logins? Or one team on each server?