Tree of Savior Forum

Got banned for holding Z

It IS a difference between holding Z afk and programmed botting. If I were you I’d send a ticket to the support telling your situation.

I normally don’t bother reporting players who do the afk Z grind. It’s totally inefficient anyway.

There are no difference. Both thing are game automation.

Wow. That made no sense. How’s that even slightly applicable to his situation? He doesn’t like a long boring grind, so he has something do it for him while he does something that he does like.

How does putting rocks in snowballs to look cool relate to that? He just wants to skip putting in the real effort and jump right to the reward because the task isn’t fun. It’s not because he’s arrogant and better than everyone else, or wants to seem like he is; but rather it’s because he does not like the task of grinding for hours and hours.

If I wake up on a weekend and my roommate asks me to drive him to the mall and I say no. It doesn’t mean im above the task and too good to do it. It just means I don’t feel like doing it.

It’s called being lazy.

There is also a difference between saying you hold Z and actually doing a macro with your mouse/keyboard to do such task.
I bet someone who plays with 2 screens is not there holding Z or putting a coin in there like the old fashion way…which by the way, it’s exactly the same thing.
Also who the hell believes you get banned for doing it while watching a movie for a bit? It was probably done several times and even overnight to get to that point.

Holding down Z (reason after this thread) is also not really “botting” cos you not using any bots.

its in a way “afk farming”
Statue blocking -is in a way “afk grieving”

How i know they blocking it on purpose:
they hide a PET behind a statue
not teleporting
siting in there a LONG time, without logout
not responding to my request to move the pet (but i expect that -after all most of them are afk)

As a result -a lot of folks complained in Normal chat that: “statue is not working AGAIN”
Yeah, its not working cos someone think its fun and games to block it.

GMs spent time to check your false reports on people who wasn’t botting
Yes, i admit you are right in a way. that is “false botting” raport, but it was/is only tool avaible on that moment, no other way to raport them

Im gona put an efford for option of “Raport abuser”* to be added to game.
Are you happy now?

*Raport abuser:
statue blocking
boss rushing in PUGs
kill stealing
overusing BR in chat, in english game client
ofensive names of character and pets btw -there is a very annoying chat filter in game, but i swear i saw a “LoliLicker” user in here -.-’
^
i came from MMOs where this kind of stuff is Bannable on spot

rofl u reported for pet blocking? like people are doing it on purpose wow… and now u are going to be penalized for abusing the report system just like IMC said.

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of being banned merely because you were reported a certain number of times, easily abusable.

How the hell are GMs supposed to investigate if someone is using a macro or just holding down the button with finger/rock on the key? Should they form an IMC tech patrol force squad that goes to raid every suspects home to check whats going on?

The end result is the same, so you get the ban hammer. Its like this in every game ive played. Just dont do it, you will get banned.

Also like that someone said he got banned by letting his summon kill while afk. I think that shouldnt be happening (the summon is like a pet, you cant control it). I think the summon is just powerful enough for IMC to think that he must be macroing OR simply cause a pet cant farm well but a summon damn well can! Still a bit harder situation this just because the summon has his own AI.

1 Like

Let’s just remember this guy thinks KSing is a valid reason to ban someone. This is why this community is the worst pile of ■■■■ I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

I fail to see why you think that z-botting is not a bannable offense. You’re performing an action that is not how the game is intended to be played. This isn’t granado espada where afk attacking is a FEATURE of the game.

1 Like

You’re obviously looking for an argument. No thanks.

So when I hold Z down with my finger I should be banned? I hold down the Z key with my finger in populated areas.

This is so retarded.

• developers implement auto attack key
  • ban based on number of reports
  • take weeks to review the case

I’m interested if I can actually log in later. Not because of using a bot but because I don’t talk to other people in game. With a weebo community like this and so edgy I wonder how many reported me.

2 Likes

There is no way OP was just holding Z. He’s just talty and is inciting response.

If that were the case there would have been a metric ton more of bans than what has happened.

OP either used a macro system to automate and improve efficiency or was up to other shenanigans.

Even as per Ethan the cases are reviewed on a case by case basis to determine if botting (automation) or simple AFK farming was taking place… i.e they differentiate between the two. Which is a very important bit of information.

1 Like

IMC should establish firm ground rules for afk behaviour. Grey areas don’t work if you’re going to go on a sudden ban wave based on player reports.

We should have a statement that says both afk attacking and using a macro are a bannable offense. Otherwise it’s very bogus.

In IMC’s Granado Espada for example, the game was made in a way that allowed for easy AFK grinding, and everyone used it without getting banned (at least in the early days, idk later).

1 Like

That is considered botting

yeah, cry me a river.

like you know that idea never, ever appear on this forum before

If you check this thread -there will be numerous mentions about (temp)bans for KS in RO

btw -i dont want to ban all of you, grievers.
in fact i want:
pets to not be clickable (no more statue blocking)
and mob taging -if you aggro or hit a mob, it drop exp and loot only for you. (lets say 5 sec buff)
All those pesky archer KS can now try to kill steal “your” mobs all their heart desire

btw i understand that a lot of folks here are you know, pleb - so here is some naming policy rules enforced in high class MMO.
i see no problem with Tree of Savior enforcing something similiar
btw this is one of most harsh one i know :wink:
support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24047/Article/4048/LOTRO-Character-Naming-Policy

HOW? A “BOT” is automation software. Holding down a Z key isn’t software.

Jesus Christ this is giving me a headache.

2 Likes

May be interesting in regards to the “Z-Key” thing:

For example, a player going afk while leaving a heavy object on the
attack key has to be handled differently from regular bots. The
classifier can deem the afk player innocent from looking at the honest
play records, so afk players should not be reported using the report
function as that will work against your RII.

2 Likes

I’ve already made several threads over the months concerning AFK+Z, and, to my knowledge, am the only person so far to have even received a vague response to the matter. In all other threads and posts they have remained silent on the matter. Even the posts I’ve made recently requesting clarification have been ignored.

Which leads me to believe it will always be a gray area. They can’t just say it’s allowed because then botters and RMT will have an officially legitimate way to farm silver and levels, even if it is inefficient and takes too long compared to standard play. Neither though can they say this not allowed as they’ve incorporated it into how the Z key functions intentionally as if they meant it to not be this way they could have addressed it any number of times over the years.

1 Like