Tree of Savior Forum

Gold Coins from Night market event

It was revised because people complained and whined about it a lot.
But in your eyes, people who complain are just “haters”.

lunarrabbit 2.0

1 Like

Step 1: Take a few minutes to work on your reading comprehension.

Step 2: Reread my post to you:

is there really any reason for this nonsense

This is not angry or aggressive. If you think it is, repeat from step 1.

EXACTLY. So if IMC hated people enjoying their game, why would they revise a system to make people enjoy it more?

Trolls: “IMC doesn’t listen to players.”

Same trolls:

I don’t even need to say anything else :v

Mausoleum (Worker’s Lodge was the name, I think ? Anyway, the 2nd floor) had a lamp that spawned mobs when you activated it. They nerfed the duration and reduced the channels, turning it from an amazing map to grind (which is the point of this kind of maps) to a meh map not really worth walking to anymore.
A couple of times they also nerfed spawns on normal maps, like with the Galoks at some point.

Necessary economic balance ?
ET will soon cost more to get the gear (trusting Lunar’s maths right here). Attributes are expensive as hell (25M for 15 levels on one skill, yaaay), Tokens prices are 10M, recipes are 40-70M. There are already more than enough silver sinks.
Meanwhile 300 dungeon gives 220k per run, 2 or 3 runs a day. So per day you can only get 440-660k per character from the dungeons. All the PvE contents don’t give that much silver because you can’t effectively farm it (limited entries, field maps don’t give that much).
I don’t see the point of constantly limiting the legit and actual gameplay ways to get silver.
If they do feel the need of a balance they could increase some drop rates slightly, increasing the supply would make the items sell for a bit less on the market, and there: less silver in people’s pockets (given that’s such an example). But nope, they decide to reduce the legit/casual/gaming way to get the silver. Making people think even more “What’s the point of doing dungeons ?”

Also, for the trade restrictions, you said :

Then please, tell us what is the point.
Silver restrictions to prevent RMT make sense, sure.
But what about the items restrictions ? Why do even Token players have a 30 trades limit per month ?

6 Likes

i’m doing uphilol with my PD and enter alone but always drop 30-40 coins

how do you drop 100 coins per run? coins droped by party members are shared?

1 Like

U forget to mention team storage restrictions, which are absolutely braindead…

1 Like

I think Galok spawn now is better than the past. I need to double check to see how it is currently but at some point it was buffed to instantly spawn whenever one of them is killed so the map always have 3 Galoks. But it’s actually decent now.

Unless you’re saying way back when I think there was like 6 on map? I don’t remember if it had higher spawn before >_<

Ya, with correct assumptions it’s correct (excel sheet). Only problem is to know if the assumptions are correct. I’ll send you the WIP spreadsheet via PM \o

It might change at any time and is still lacking some more tables that users are likely to check >_<

I actually have a strong opinion here:

Half-assed limitations can/does works for what they’re designed for, can’t deny that. But if you’re going as far to add cumbersome restrictions on players to fight something, you should give it your all and make sure it work.

I can see both sides of the things, especially on how hard it is to be too harsh without high influx of new players. But I really wish it was a real work back on iOBT so RMT wouldn’t be such a big problem >_<

For the record, I do not think IMC is perfect and they do make mistakes. I think you make some good points. For example:

True, and that sucks. I’m not saying that they haven’t nerfed certain events on various maps. Just that there was never a blanket all maps nerf to spawns as the person I responded to indicated.

Totally agree. The amount of sinks in place can be overwhelming. Fortunately right now you don’t seem to need to have perfect maxed out attributes to be able to perform well. All that really matters is your weapon. Which again might be a questionable game design decision.

Hopefully in the future they will add a new, normal dungeon that does not require raid stones.

The point is to push players towards the market which has a 17% (ish) tax / sink. Some MMOs don’t allow trades at all, and that’s how they’ve balanced their economic model.

Really, the main point behind what I was saying is that you can’t take a list of design decisions that you personally don’t like, and use it to “prove” that IMC hates it when players enjoy playing their game. That is preposterous.

I’ve never called anyone white knight cause the term is always used wrong on these forums, but you right when I do call people clowns.

If there’s anything positive on these forums you better believe I’ll be there.

1 Like

do with a full party. more monsters.
enter manually.
everyone gets 60-95 each run. easy TOScoins

3 Likes

I did mean waaaaay back then, yes, but I agree that now it seems correct, fair.
I didn’t keep close track of it, but I think they actually changed the spawn times of Galoks 2-3 times in total. I don’t really understand why ‘-’ (it feels extra work for no real reason ?)

Thank you :3
It’s still a test for now anyway, so it might indeed change. But if it doesn’t, it’s quite the extra silver sink.
I actually can’t help but think that if they add more floors (when more ranks/levels are released), the silver needed might be scary. Then I think about attributes as well and all, and it’s a bit depressing.

I actually completely agree.
And I think that is what bothers a lot of people: there are restrictions, but they aren’t that effective.
It’s a bit like the market min/max: in the end, when prices change people have to wait for IMC to remove/change the max (and I remember that for skill scrolls we had to wait like 6 months), but at the same time for the trash items since they were abused fast or maybe because people didn’t put enough to get an average legit price, they are still used for RMT.

@benofficiale
I had to google “duck rider”. It made me chuckle. Thank you =w=

@nojustnotos
But since you cannot trade silver via trades, wouldn’t players still use the market ? Especially when you need millions and the common non-silver currencies are Talts and Blessed Shards ? Just like they do now, basically.
I’d actually love to see “WTS/WTB X recipe 10k Talts” o/
The problem is that when people want to play with friends they feel too limited because of the whole “can’t trade before 7 days and level 40”, or “It’s becoming untradable !”. Although at least they did allow players to trade to some extent. It was pretty ridiculous at first…
Still doesn’t explain some of the team restrictions though.

I see, I get your point.

2 Likes

Don’t feel so insecure whenever someone makes fun of IMC for good reasons.
It was a funny post. Nothing to get so upset about.

Yeah maybe, or maybe not. Or maybe it was revised because they couldn’t fix the DPK bug so they said screw it and removed it compeltely.

They are very well capable of “balancing” uphill and removing the coin drops there entirely. So if you don’t want this to happen you need to make them understand that the event this time isn’t complete garbage for once and that there’s nothing for them to fix or balance. Besides the dumb recipe trading restrictions of course.

1 Like

Here on ToS forum those people making fun hardly have a good reason though.

Just like some people likes watching and laughing about people making fun of people in comedy videos or stuff, some doesn’t.

Same goes for IMC.

Just because you like to make fun of someone or something doesn’t mean everyone should like and agree with it.

Then, there’s things within limits. People agrees to disagree or know when something is small, out of fun.

Then there’s things past limits. Using fake data/overestimate stuff, things that can clearly help to demotivate others or drive old/new players away out of repetition of these.

If people are taking their time to talk about your “for fun for good reasons” post, you might be going past certain limits.

Just like it would be past limits for you if people made fun of you with a comedy video. I’m sure you’d call it past limits if people were overestimating something you did or just lying about you just “because it’s fun”.

If that was true. I could simply claim they started the changes on DPK that led to the DPK bug because player base complained about DPK :’)

I’m not insecure. I’m not upset. I’m not angry, nor aggressive.

I simply called a troll on his troll post. Maybe you think troll posts are funny, that’s fine. I don’t, so I’m going to speak up. Stop trying to silence me.

There’s nothing wrong with different people having different opinions.

1 Like

thanks pal¡¡¡¡

@LunarRabbit
pls stop spamming your fight in the tread

1 Like

Nice. So there’s nothing wrong with you having a different opinion, but when someone else has a different opinion, they are trolls.

Hypocrisy isn’t it lol.

2 Likes

When someone literally says that:

That is not an opinion, that is trolling. Grow up, I shouldn’t have to explain to you the difference.

That’s how he expresses his opinion about IMC.

But yeah, the trend nowadays is “everything I don’t like is trolling”.

4 Likes

Grow up, I shouldn’t have to explain to you the difference.