Tree of Savior Forum

Going to Europe for the first time!

Hey guys. I won a small-ish prize on a lottery, so come this holiday season, I shall be traveling with my wife to Europe for the very first time!

(And probably the last, since I’ll probably never ever see this kind of money again. :disappointed: )

I’m going to spend about 7 days in Paris (including Christmas), a single day in Frankfurt and 5 days in London (including New Year’s Eve).

I’d like some tips from locals or people who already visited those places before. Especially places to eat, since we’re both fat-ass gluttons. :grin: Of course, we’ll visit the most known places in London and Paris, but we’d love to find some underrated places.

Also, is it too cold this time of the year? We’re brazilians who hate hot weather, but I’m afraid my wife won’t be able to endure very low temperatures.

6 Likes

lucky bastard I mean CONGRATULATIONS

:yum:

hope you have a great time all the time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations! Enjoy your holiday :smiley:

I hope you have a great time!

by the way, yes it will be cold so bring the winter cloths just to make sure. I tried to hold off at October with one wind breaker, it didn’t took long time to realize that i was wrong.

2 Likes

France was in a “state of war” prolonged several times up to almost one year in total so the president could force random laws without any organ opposing it.
The politic climate is relatively violent, around October more than a thousand of policemen were protesting, about to revolt against the corrupted politics, unemployed people could be 40% because largely falsified, 200 000 migrants are given papers to stay by the government while there is no jobs since years, and more than 1 million homeless etc…

Don’t take cabs if possible, they will scam the hell out of you, if you have a friend in Paris he can lead you the way in bus, subways etc… so you’ll get -50% -75% cost of travelling compared to the taxi drivers scamming tourists.
Beware about a large group of peddler that are for the majority from Senegal and are hundreds in number roaming in Paris to prey on tourists. They sell random counterfeit souvenirs, can circle you to force you to buy, and have bottle of waters mostly contaminated in buckets or plastic bag, that they hide in sewers to escape police.

It’s hard to tell what to do, we only know you like binge eating xD
If you don’t mind, there is a giant asian supermarket called “the tang frères” with huge variety of food.
Also there is a book called " le guide Michelin" it’s a bit shaddy because some restaurants were forced to pay to appear inside.
It’s a book that mentions and updates the best restaurant everywhere in France.

About the weather, last winter was the hottest in France since 1900, it’s possible this winter in Paris the average temperature maybe be positive.

To sum it up, if you want to experience great activities, just mention them beforehand and some people may look into more details from Paris.

Remember that if you do the usual spots for tourists, you’ll only waste time and big money, because you can always find postcards, videoblogs, etc… about the normal circuits.