Tree of Savior Forum

General Linker Questions

Hi, I haven’t played since the CBT ended and heard that Linker’s AoE damage was taken off. Really sad but I need some opinions and confirmation please.

1. Linker and Cryo Ice Wall does the damage stack on same target?
  2. Kino and Fireball does it still explode? And does it stack with Link?
  3. I wanna go Linker 3 for self torture. What’s some good classes to go with Linker especially later on?
  1. What do you mean? Now if you link 5 ice walls and hit one of them, then all linked walls will shot the shards. But, if one of the links is connected to the target, then all the shard will get 1x damage for each shard that hit the target - so all linked walls will just break, so this combos does not work mostly.
  2. Yes, but PP pushes the balls away, so you must have Ice Wall near to block the way, though this combo is weak and useless.
    Link is fine with Fireballs you can drag them in 1 point to the taget and deal some damage.
  3. Maybe Feather Foot for PvE for extra links (5 for linker1, 8 for linker2 and 11 for linker3). The stat sharing skill is useless, it is almost not possible to get some use for party from it, except for maybe some con for squishy archers, though - it has only 50% uptime, so useless also.
    I would not advice going c3 linker at all.

Hmm I meant that if a say 2 shards hit 1 target, does all linked targets take 2 hits? So if target takes 3 hits from 3 shards, all linked targets take 3?

Awwh looks like KinoPyro is no good then.
Haha I know it’s not good but I wanna do it anyway.

Dont know, but I think yes - all targets will get 2 hits. KinoPyro needs Ice Wall then, so its hard to make a good build, since all AoE explosions from PP-FireBall also damage each other and the walls, so both FB and IW loose hp very quick and just disappear. Though, you can also try to use some real walls near you, if you somehow manage to put mosters in a corner or smth.
The only good trick with Kino and Pyro is that you can use Swap on your fireballs to place them more correctly. You might try it, Pyro2-Psy3-linker or Pyro3-Psy3 might kill some mobs.

Kino + fireball + link deals tremendous damage, based on a run I had with someone (mission dungeon). He linked 5+ fireballs together and used psychic pressure. Result: Bosses died in 2 seconds, however, there was also too much visuals happening at once and 3/5 ppl in the mission dungeon dc’d.