Tree of Savior Forum

General Feedback; Wizards, quirks, and all things Arde

That maybe not the case though. With only ~10k hp each i doubt these skeletons will be useful at rank 8 (lv300+ ?). And all of other necro skills has full 15 lv. I guess we still have full access to all necro skills at rank 1 and unlock for more lv at rank 2, 3 (except shoggoth and skeletons if they only has 5lv max according to tosbase infos).

Well if that was the case, then that means Druid/Oracle/Alchemist etc, would never go past 5 levels on any of their available skills. 15 Skeletons does sound a bit much so it could end up being cap’d off at 5 or 10, but it’s not guaranteed. Warlocks Summonings may end up out-classing Necro too, since it sounded like they deal Magic damage.

EDIT: Nvm, I just noticed the part where you said it’s originally a C3 skill (Which is discouraging :<). Where’d you see this at?

hahaha Valeth, thanks for the reply, didn’t want to mention your name until you did yourself =P

And hmm… even skills that are capped at 5 can still be buffed post-5 with Divine Might and skill gems and/or +skill equipment. So even if at release Necro is capped at C3 5 skeles I think the true potential for them would be in raising that skill through other means as high as possible. Even if we scale them at only 1k damage each per 200 character levels that’s about 3k to 5k+ per skeleton per hit.

Now, granted, skill gems appear to only have 2 slots they fit into, weapon + hand or foot etc, but that has a potential for +6 to +8 depending on how many slots we have on late game equipment, and +1 to +3 or more depending on item specific bonuses (perhaps later classes will all have their own “sets” where you get +2 or more to all class skills for having that set, not even including the +1 or more on specific weapons etc). In the end I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that a late-game min-maxer wouldn’t be able to achieve +10 or more to the skill of his or her choice, and that’d net us about 45k+ to 75k per second with the available skeletons on the field. Rather than minions I like to think of them as a combined degrading dot + shield. They deal more damage the less they’ve absorbed for you. With 15 skeles you’d have a very nice shield and an impressive hands-free dot =P

But even now there isn’t a listed tosbase skele gem, just like there isn’t a gem for quick cast listed. Some of these skills may not just be omissions by oversight but by design. Maybe they did already decide an undead legion would be too much XD I mean… quick cast surely would be one of my first choices to gem XD

I don’t feel though that even with an ideal and functioning min-max setup that I’d still go Necro. It still feels that other classes can do better what Necro tries to do. Burst? Definitely others to choose from in that sense, Flesh Cannon does have some nice potential but given the skewed flat damage it would likely be out-shined by a skill from a later class. Corpse tower is a cool free “wall” to hide behind but I don’t think that adding +75 seconds would be worth building all your gear around. Gather Corpse, Dissenter, Flesh Hoop are all pretty useless, with Flesh Hoop’s delivery mechanics being its downfall (man could have been neat if you could at least melee the ring around you to shoot them, making some neat synergies and another flesh cannon lol). Dirty pole… idk yet, haven’t tested it much, maybe there is something there, but I honestly became so disappointed with the Necro that I haven’t even made room for the skill yet. I’ll probably point into it if I decide to finish the rest of the short climb ahead lol Shoggath… even with +10 or more to the skill… that’s another 100% INT/SPR added to its damage, but, the delivery of that damage? A wreck. Without Shoggath having additional skills or AI being impacted by card type this would likely be one of the worst skills to try a late game build around. It just doesn’t do much of anything currently.

Edit: Possibly nevermind, idk if this is a permanent or temporary fix while they toss numbers around, but I guess it has been patched for now that monster gems cap at +1 across the board? Or does that mean only that each gem is capped at +1 bonus and you can still stack multiple +1’s to achieve a high late-game +skill value? Idk, I should prob play again and mess with stuff instead of just wondering lol

want more 5skel? see haha