Tree of Savior Forum

Genbu armor question

Hi, I have a question regarding Omnyoji’s Genbu armor. At first, I thought it reduced damage by 60% and will be consumed by SP instead. But after testing it, I realized that it actually negates all damage and reduces your SP instead. However, I wish to know as to how the SP consumption is calculated. I understand that it is 60% of the total damage from mobs, but is it calculated before or after defense? Does adding more defense reduce the SP consumption of the shield?

Dont think Genbu is all that great could potentially stop a near oneshot combo in pvp but would leave u with 0 SP to still die after it drains insanely fast when u get mobbed or just hit by a player/bigger pve atk if u want to use a shield prob the magic shield stays better in this case.

Don’t waste skill points into Genbu Armor. If you want to mitigate damage, invest in CON items. Use your SP for DPS. Taking 15k damage out of 60k HP is better than taking zero and having all your SP drained.

Genbu armor is actually OP, just try by yourself and you will see what I am talking about.
It was pretty sh1t before re:build, but they improved the consumed SP and now the shield doesn’t consume that much.

2 Likes

I know a lot of people say that it’s a bad skill as it drains your SP, specially in PVP. But I do not PVP and personally I find it great as I do not have any SP problems with it due to having SP drain cards, plus it is always better and cheaper to use a couple of blue potions than spamming red potions.

I just wanted to know if defense reduces the SP consumption, because if not, I might just trade my plate armors for leather and go full offense.

I agree with the others in that genbu armor is actually amazing, most people probably didn’t even give it a chance and are bashing on it based on what other people (that probably didn’t try the skill in rebuild aswell) said.

About the armor question, I don’t know but you can easily test it, let us know!

Tested it, SP consumption is higher when naked XD

Well, I once was one of those that disregarded that skill before testing, because the tooltip is simply incorrect.
The tooltip says that the damage you take is reduced to 60% and is done to your SP (50% with attribute). This is not how it actually works. After some testing and quick math, I realised (with good old Occam’s Razor) that probably the REAL effect is as follows:
The %HP you lose from damage is instead transferred to your SP, reduced and applied.
Exemple:
I have 65000 HP and 7300 SP. If a baubas monster hit me for 1500 damage, while genbu armor is in place with attribute, then the damage refers to approximately 2% of HP that get halved to 1% then applied to SP, which means something around 73 of SP damage.
Well, this skill is really strong but with its fair disadvantages. Your survival compete with your own casting and dps and when your sp break, you stand fairly hopeless, it is the same as draining your own HP for casting.
And contrary to what some may think, it is way more suited for PVP purposes than it is for PVE.

Absolutely OP skill in PvP if you have a endgame transcended velcoffer gear.

GENBU is a IMORTAL SHIELD. It NEEDS TO BE NERFED.

1 Like