Tree of Savior Forum

Gem for my ignition (help pls for returning player)

So I’ve come back to this game after several months of hiatus (about 5-6). So I’m still adapting with the changes especially with the new gems and the transcendence system.

While doing Fedimian mission (Siaulai), my ele2 (about level 160+) which have +9seimos rod with two level 5 blue gems, +5agny necklace and 3 headgears with prop/magic attack, can’t seem to beat the damage of another player(cleric) with just cafrisun set and +5five hammer with five level 5 red gems; we both have arde dagger. It should also be noted that I was about 10 levels higher.

So my question is, now that I’m changing my weapon into Ignition (I’m now level 172), what should be the gems that I should put? I’m aiming to put at least level 6 gems. But I’m really confused whether to put blue or red gem, it seems five hammer with five level 5 gems just out-damage any class at my level range, or do red gems really beat blue even on end game? I would also do transcendence in the future. Thank you for reading and please share your insights.

Red gems always best for mage. They give higher average damage. Yeah, five hammer is a very good weapon, with 5xlvl6 red gems it gives 600average damage and 5 AoE atk which is quite nice also. Helps a lot with levelling. This weapon is ok to use until some good 315lvl weapons.

Red Gems are M Amp to Wizs. Blue Gems are solid M. Atk.

It is correct technically only when you are not using Chapparition cards which do no affect your magic amplification.
Lvl6 red gem gives 0-240 magic atk and physt atk for both hands, while lvl6 blue one gives 114 matk. There is no point in not getting red gem. Also, if enemy has magic resistance, then red gem is always better.

Thanks for your responses. But in the end game? Is red gem still viable for level 315 weapons? Considering my build is also almost full int (around 30 con).

155 is greater than 144 in any case - at lvl1 and at level 999. Red gems give greater average damage than blue gems at all levels. The only “argument” is that 144 matk from blue gem is stable 144, and 155 is 0-310, but this is just discussion. Also, some skills like Druid c3 werewolf and enchanter bomb(useless weak skill, but still) use both atk and matk, then red gem is 2 times better. I see no reason using blue at all. Just dont forget doing Gem Roasting to remove -mininum damage from gems and other negative things.