Tree of Savior Forum

Game Stuttering every few seconds

[SA] SILUTE
Rotom_DEX
Any Character.

So, before the patch, i could play (It had some fps issues with the fps dropping to 0 but it wasn’t so much and didn’t lasted so long) “normally” but after this patch, i can’t play at all. Everything i try to do in the game makes my game stutter for a few seconds (5~~30). If i try to walk (even in a low pop channel) my fps stutter.
If i try to open my inventory and click on anything, open a boss cube etc, my game stutter.
If i try to open the configuration menu, my game stutter.
If i try to fight in a dungeon, usually my game only “unfreeze” after 30 seconds (it loads fast sometimes but freeze, it loads slowly sometimes and still freeze but for less time).
It’s really impossible to play and i was really excited to play, even bought some TP to expand my characters lodge.
Please, Help me.

I’ve recorded it in my phone because using the ingame recording option was stuttering even more.

Things i’ve already did:

• Clean addons.
  • Verify the files in Steam.
  • Full Reinstall.
  • Setting every setting to the lowest possible (Even in User.xml)

i3 2.2ghz
intel HD 3000
4 GB Ram.
PS.: I know my specs aren’t the best but before the “optimization” patch i could play and now i can’t.
It’s not on my end this problem. Even played other games and it’s normal … it’s a TOS problem only.

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ines

1 Like

They even changed the Sys Req now, it was somewhat the Geforce 8500 or 8600 series, now they put the minimal on 200 series and the recommend on the GTX 860.

They know they can’t optimize the game properly and come up with these “fixes”.

Also, I would guess your hard drive is the old model not a SSD right? That is one of the main causes of stuttering, I have a similar machine here but the difference is that I got a GT 650 on it, it stutter like hell and take long to load when changing maps or channels.

1 Like

I can’t understand how an optimization patch makes me can’t play anymore…
I could play before, this is the worst part and i can’t understand at all :confused:

You can’t trust much on IMC’s optimization, I was having some trouble here too, I just found out my issue, not sure if it could help you but it’s worth a try.

Go on the game folder and enter the release folder, open the user.xml and see if DrawActorPercent is set at 99.

Also, since they changed the way the characters are loaded, it may cause issues to low end PCs, due the fact it load in bulk the models.

I just made a test in Klaipeda and it does stutter a bit, but I’m on SSD and I got a GTX660 so it isn’t bad.

What I can tell you is, avoid Klaipeda Chs 1 and 2 like the plague, if you can already go to Fedimian then make that city your base, go to Klaipeda to do dungeons/missions on a different ch.

1 Like

@Crystal_Gems
We would like to ask ping test to solve the issue.
And could you inform us your region?

the first release of the optimization was nice, though there are some graphical glitches that needs fixing.

after that, some hotfixes were implemented that made it a bit worse than before. i guess all we can do is wait for it to be fixed

Same here, every 2sec the char has a “mini-freeze” that lasts ~1sec

@Crystal_Gems

We are waiting for your result :
And could you inform us your region&internet?

Hi Amy, sorry i’m late. It was 05 am here and i just woke up.
My problem don’t seen to be the server freezing one, the monsters don’t stop attacking me and the other peoples around me don’t get stuck too.
Anyway, i’ve made the ping tests and will post here the ss’s.

This first one was before opening the game at 05:40 AM (Nothing was running in background to increase my ms)

This one was after finishing one Siaulai mission (The game was better, didn’t stutter like before but well… there was 8 people on the server at the time)
Resumo%20tos%201

And this one was after closing the game and starting a new one, there was 20 peoples in the server at the time and my game wasn’t stuttering so much (got worse but playable…) but… my character got stucket on Limbo (Normal chat don’t work but party and guild chat was working) npc’s didn’t loaded and i needed to close the Tree of Savior Task to close the game (This has been happening since this patch too)
resumo%20tos%202%20person%20travada%20no%20limbo
The game wasn’t open for more than 2 minutes and this happened, i even recorded a video with the ingame tool

Region: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
ISP: Oi Velox 10MBP

+Infos: My husband have an weaker notebook than me and his game performance got a little better, he have one i3 1.8ghz, 4GB ram and Intel HD 4000. His game used to load ~15 seconds after mine loaded and he always had stutter but now it’s better, he can play diev plague doctor again with ~10-15 fps.
I don’t know if this will help at all but please, do your best… thank you !

@Crystal_Gems
Thanks for sharing your ping test result to us.

First, as you already mentioned your pc specs, that is not easy to play with our game.

please see the below our system requirements.

And the other one thing, you should check your internet provider to get a better deal on your internet.

Anyway, we will continuously improve & additional implement a client-side optimization patch to improve frame update.:sob::sob:

Well… Today in Klaipedia server, when i finish the mission in Sentry Bailey i suffer from Stuttering (little freezes every 2 sec).

I Investigate and notice some things. IMC Take notes:

1. Stuttering occurs in Missions of invoking an “ITEM” that gathers energy or souls. Those ITEMS that stay there and collect energy from the monsters. Well when that mission is active and the item deployed, it feels small Stutterings.

2. When you have to collect items from X monsters. Every time you kill one and it comes out that you bought it, there’s a little Stuttering.

3. Today it happened to me that after a mission in Sentry Bailey related to point 1 that explains above, even after the mission was over, the stuttering stayed.

Start making movements:

. STEAM = -dx11, remove overlay, verify cache, etc.
. NVIDIA PANEL = Max Energy, Custom Sinc.
. XML FILE = Resolution 0, Bite 16 (I reversed this because I do not suffer from FPS).

After all this moved graphic options in the game and nothing took it away. It became more evident when I walked with the MAP open.

I noticed something …

• By pressing F2 (Inventory) and cover the Mini map and the missions, the Stuttering was removed !. But only while you had the Inventory open, when you closed it came back.

SOLUTION:

• In what I tried things related to the left side of the screen where the map and the missions were, I thought …

“Missions usually give these problems, and if the game” in its internal processes “maintains that mechanism of the mission bugged and still working even though the mission is over?”

Under that logic, I went to the list of Quest (F5) and gave me to abandon a mission, the legendary letters (That I asked you to complete all revelation missions).

You hear the sound of when a mission ends or leaves, and after that … The Stuttering left.

Yes, that’s weird.

1. With another PJ (Cleric), I do not have Stuttering and it happened on all maps with the same PJ (Archer). What discards that it is a global problem related to my PC or the connection, because if it were like that, it would affect everything regardless of the PC.

They are what I have researched, and if …

IMC, your client has a problem … Not big, HUGE! of optimization.

I know that revisiting the graphic engine from 0 is something that takes time and a lot of money, but then they must decide …

Either they do something soon or the game continues like this and it will bleed.

P.S. I love the game and will continue playing even when MS2 comes out: 3! (Fidelity 100%)