Tree of Savior Forum

Game settings for cooperative content

I have a big problem currently when doing party/guild/cooperative content: the screen gets overloaded with graphical effects and I often face an almost blank screen. This renders boss missions unplayable, as I find completely impossible to target the boss with everyone placing their debuffs and skill effects on the screen at the same time.

Step 1: remove the “show other characters’ damage” option. This works fine, as it brings irrelevant information anyway, and makes the game run even more smoothly, but doesn’t fix the “blank screen” effect.

Step 2: remove the “show other characters’ effects” option. Perfect, this fixes the problem completely. No more blank screen, I now see bosses and only my own damage output. Everything’s fine? Not really…

1. Removing “show other characters’ effects” option removes ALL graphical effects, not only the effects from other characters: this means portals, crystals, circles… and so on. If you don’t know precisely where everything is, you cannot interact with your environment anymore. And I don’t speak about when you use mouse mode and the thing you want to trigger cannot be triggered with the mouse… But that’s not the worst: you don’t see harmful effects anymore. So yeah, entering First Refuge with this option off means not being able to see the harmful pools there…

2. Removing “show other characters’ effects” option removes beneficial effects from other characters: this means no more healing tiles displayed for you, you have to run around stupidly until you step onto a tile…

Basically there are four sorts of effects:

• environmental effects
  • harmful effects from enemies
  • beneficial effects from allies
  • harmful effects from allies

My suggestion: “show other characters’ effects” should only affect the last group. First three groups should be always displayed (or add a separate option for them).

1 Like

my game removes everything even though I have it on and I don’t like that it removes heals too…

would be great if it removed all effect except the tiles so I can see them D:

Check if you have Low Mode or Auto on Performance. If you do, change it to Disabled, then you can set the options below it in the way you want. Low and Auto changes those options even if you have them on.

I have low mode Disable lags too much my game i CM…

Low mode pretty much disables all the options. That’s why I use Disable (not very straightforward: this actually disables the disabling mode lol) and uncheck some options instead until I get something playable, usually the two options described above. But this doesn’t help much with current implementation.

you can do both have options needed on and low mode at same time…

Would be really nice if we could have other characters effects off but be able to keep Heal tiles still appearing, given how important these can be.

1 Like

Hello draconis!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestions to improve the experience for cooperative content to the community. We appreciate your enthusiam in helping other players have a better gaming experience.

Thank you for supporting Tree of Savior!

2 Likes

Switching chars tends to mess up the settings a bit, especially if they have different settings. Resetting your settings usually fixes it.