Tree of Savior Forum

Game lag causes missing skill point

Date and Time : 1-3 days after Closed Beta 2 started

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Keyboard

Bug Description : I used a skill reset during the first few days of Closed Beta 2, when the server struggled to maintain a stable connection due to massive traffic of players. During the time I used the skill reset scroll, I experienced a massive amount of lag that almost felt like the server crashed. When connection was stable, I recieved my skill points back but upon checking the total skill points, I was missing 1 skill point. In the screenshot provided, you can see that I have Circle 2 archer and the available skill points left. The used skill points total 29 while the available skill points are at 0 which means I’m missing 1 skill point. I used another skill reset scroll when the server was more stable and it gave me back 30 total.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Server gets massive traffic and struggles to maintain connection
  2. Use Skill reset scroll
  3. Skill reset scroll does not give back all skill points

Screenshots:

System

• CPU : i5-2300 @ 2.8~3.0 GHz (4 CPUs)
  • RAM : 8 GB
  • Graphics Card :NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
  • Mainboard : GIGABYTE H67M-D2
  • Storage : 1 TB
  • Internet Connection : 28 MB Download / 5 MB Upload
  • Country, Region : USA, New York

I noticed a similar thing when you use xp cards to quickly at early levels and level up superfast it sometimes seem to miss a status point.

I can not confirm this though, ever since I thought I saw 1 status point missing I use my xp cards slower when the bar is full.
You doubt you get missing status points back, because there are potions and quests that give 1-3 points which are not tied to your level.

Good find btw.

@STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Max