Tree of Savior Forum

Game frequently Crashing(VGA ERROR) when changing Channel or using WARP! KINDLY FIX ASAP!

Glad u have some tips, but i dont know how much it will help everyone especially during peak hours and weekends.

thats not possible since u cant choose which channel you are warping too and also most 420+ content are in few maps only.
ex: if u warp from Orsha ch2 to Klai… u may end up in Klai ch1 or west ch1 and get error and crash

This memory Leak that cause Game crash has only comeback after this Maintenance Patch on May 19 ,2020… So there must have been some server code changes that was done… since the game was overloaded with players for like 3months and no issues were present then.
They must undue those changes.

THE SAD PART is that the GMs or DEVS dont even acknowledge this ISSUE even exits and completely ignore it.

Not even a “Our team is aware of this issue and are working on it.” message
i can tell u if this Game Crash Issue lasts for some more weeks…The game will become unplayable for many and players will stop playing

My memory tells me that this was a common tactic used in the past so the server overload and/or other issues would solve themselves magically. If a certain issue based on memory leak/server capacity overload/client-induced other problems that caused disruptions in gameplay, the usual response was to to wait for months till either enough players stopped playing to resolve the issue on its own, or till the developers thought it’s time to fix the issue.

after all, the current whaling cubes & packages must’ve netted them a lot of money, so they can probably easily digest a loss of 30-40% of the player base without a problem, since most of them don’t spend much/anything and thus are more prone to leave the game than those who heavily spent money on the game.

This also lessens the pressure of the community for new content, since whales are more likely to be less active,thus having more to catch up on still.

1 Like

Same here, after patch my green stable memory goes to FULL RED after moving to klaip

I’ve a Ryzen 5 3600, 5700XT and 16GB RAM 3200MHz running on an SSD and ASUS TUF GAMING X570 motherboard.

I’m earnestly giving the game another chance… so far, not so great.

I’ve even gone so far as to run the game on my 2070 Super equipped PC (I didn’t want to have the game on both TBH) and the game behaves the same way on either system. I’m guessing it’s not an AMD/nVidia issue on the VGA-side.

I don’t have an Intel-based system anymore to check with though so I can’t say much for the CPU-side of things.

Both have the game installed on a Gen3 M.2 NVME stick so I know that read/write speeds should not (keyword) be a factor.

One other thing was that those colored-bubbles that indicate memory in-game don’t even come close to matching the actual usage shown in Task Manager or any other monitoring software (like MSI Afterburner). It often shows all red bubbles while still hovering at around 40%~ utilization in actuality.

It’s kinda annoying that’s why I looked into this thread to see if someone had a workaround.

That said, I’ll stay until I get re-geared then quit again if the game is still this god-awful (performance-wise).

Hint: PSO2’s PC-release is right around the corner (space-waifu anyone?)

performance wise will be your nail in the coffin? then you should try Guild Teritory War(GTW) and Gem Feud first before you regearing, it will save you a lot of time

1 Like

Yeah, I heard it was atrocious.

However, it’s been literal years since I last played and I’m still kinda having more fun with my friends (who are still, somehow playing non-stop) than frustration when the game kills itself.

I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. I managed to stay off for 3 years so this decision isn’t difficult to make anymore, unlike the first time.

1 Like

was it 3 years already? wow, time sure fly fast. I remembered you at rank 8 era. I wish you all the RNGod best.

this is from greyhiem who play at ktos:
Thanks ^^ . Heard steam server has lag. I think it’s because KTOS patch had lag too (steam patch copy ktos patch 1:1). I had massive lag 1 patch before ‘new ark (thunder ark)’ patch, and the lag got worse during thunder-ark-patch. One of the worst lag patches I have experienced. Even auto-weapon swap caused 2 seconds screen freeze. Anyway, few patches later, all lag was gone, completely! So I hope you can get the correct patch … or you will suffer lag for a long long time. Steam patch is slow, and 3months of lag patch will be the end. Lag was worse than that:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mas4-_Qi1mg

1 Like
  • Absurd server lag
  • Absurd memory usage
  • VGA error every hour
  • Non-existing escuses for not running an event as simple as resetting legendary raids count (I can feel the shame of the guy who had to write the patch notes)

All this happening during the quarantine, with a lot of people playing because, well, they’re home anyway, and a lot of people playing coming from the growing support servers. You’re making it VERY hard to defend you, IMC. And I’ve tried. God knows I’ve tried. This game has gone a long way improving during the last year, but right now it’s an ordeal to play TOS. And I say this as the leader of a competitive guild, someone who (essentially) can’t quit this game because there’s people who count on me (not to talk about the thousands of hours I’ve invested into the game). You guys developing the game need to take quick action about these problems that greatly affect gameplay (eg., as quickly as you deal with bugs that involve anything related to the TP shop) or else your player base will start to decrease. @STAFF_Yuri

3 Likes

Thing seem to be improving with regards to the memory leak/built up
However, I would probably confirm this later when towns get more crowded with players and shops Traverse in/out in peak klai and playing dailies as usual

All’s good so far

No issues, feels like pre mem leak days

Memory isn’t emptying correctly.
Logging in anywhere but in town works fine, but moving in and out of Klaipeda 3-4 times is enough to crash the game or make it stop loading textures.

Oh, opening the world map also ■■■■■ up the game.

Welcome to ToS!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

this is really annoying , I have this error like around 2 years constantly, but around two week i got per week like a 10 error vga! Hope can fix this permanently

Even velcoffer is not possible to do, when the gate is broken, the raid locks and it is not possible to kill the boss

after todays patch i didnt have 1 vga … so its fixed for me

the silence and lack of information for the players only proves that there is no GM / Staff playing the game, they are waiting for a confusion, curses in the forum and infinite tickets to take action, whenever the problems at stake, if there was really someone looking for on players, the server would be closed on time for correction.

Nvidia no any issue :wink:

2080 Super crashes too.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.