Tree of Savior Forum

Game Client Character Movement Freeze "Hang"

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : 31/08/2016 GMT -3:00

Server Name: Silute

Team Name: Santoro

Character Name: Claudio

Bug Description :
The bug consists in the character hanging on in an animation state, were the user can’t do any other animation/effect/command or movement. The bug disappears after specific rules.
Technically, the problem is based in a game packet bad lecture, were the user can hang-out from the freeze by a specific response from the server, like, character died, or when the server directly does an action over the character. This seems be an issue were the client is unable to process or take a computational action over the decisions and action of the user/client.
This is an annoying bug and inflicts me in close the client by brute force or wait the character to die, most of these times i’m on a quest and need use a Soul Crystal. If i don’t have one, i’m fu*d up and need to restart the whole quest. If i simple force client closing i don’t lose quest progress/data.
As far i can see, the bug happens when multiple monsters are attacking me, in network terms, this is the same as multiple packets being transferred over the internet, by server <> client. That appears to be a failure in your Socket Software to handle multiple user actions, nah? My technical recommendation (if the scenario is confirmed) is by switching to a Reactive and NIO Socket Environment. Also try search bugs in the Machine State Diagram of your Software in Battle Features.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Start battleing with multiple Mob’s
  2. Wait they to use multiple attacks on you
  3. Try to defend yourself attacking back those mob’s
  4. Digit many attacks as you can, trying to reproduce an overhead in the client.
  5. Wait to your character freeze.
  6. Ta-da you’re fu*kd up.

Screenshots / Video :
Sorry, this time i don’t have any screenshot. Friends of me that play ToS already had this issue.

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) :

System

• CPU : Intel Core i5 3.5Ghz Quad Core vPRO
  • RAM : 8GB ECC Ram
  • Graphics Card : AMD Radeon 770x
  • Mainboard : IDK
  • Storage : 500GB HDD 7200 RPM
  • Internet Connection : 1GB Uplink (~500mb/down, ~700mb/up)
  • Country, Region : Brasília, Brazil

Does the moderation of this game, watch the Forum or not?
10 days passed and the same bug still happens.
It’s just incompetence or what?