Tree of Savior Forum

Gache will kill this game

With this new announcement about the changing of the TP shop cosmetics to a system like what Nexon and Blue Hole Studio does with their outfits it really seems to me and other people I have talked with that IMC is trying to milk this game for all its worth. I know the ploy of gachepon style boxes being added into the game and it is just an attempt to get the most money out of the players as possible.

It already is pretty expensive already to buy the outfits but now you are spending less TP but you will mostly getting outfits you cant use and you can either sell them on the market or trade them in for coins that can only be used to get outfits from the exchange shop. From experiences with other games that do this sort of scam the amount of coins you need to get the outfit you want will be a lot more actual money than buying the outfit outright as it is right now.

Of course this system is made to get the whales (people who will spend exorbitant amounts of money) to try cash in as much as they can to get the one outfit they really want. This though makes it so other players who don’t have the funds that whales have either having to pay the whale’s price for the outfit out of the market or just go without it. This makes pay to play even a bigger part of the game then already is and serves to alienate players who don’t have the funds to participate and lead to gaps in competition in pvp and world bosses. The whales will have money to buy the best gear and max attributes making it so that everyone else will never get into top 6 for damage or last a second in TBL.

My final note is as of this announcement I will suspend buying anymore TP from the game relying on just farming in game currency to buy my tokens. If they rescind such policy I will once again buy TP so to get outfits and tokens but I can not tolerate spending any money on this game with this gambling process being part of it. I encourage other players to do the same.

TLDR- This game is jumping the shark adding a gambling system for cosmetics that creates a bigger pay to win gap between players who have and don’t have money.

10 Likes

The greed is real…

7 Likes

Yeah, unless I somehow get too broke to buy a token, I will no longer be charging TP. This is ridiculous. One of the reasons I liked ToS was because we didn’t have this stupid crap.

Edit: I don’t mind so much if the current prices are kept for costumes and there’s a gacha option for people who want to gamble the lower cost vs potentially not even getting something you want. I know some people enjoy the much lower cost and gamble.

8 Likes

As if the trainwreck that was R8 didnt kill the game, Gache will finish the job.

Oh well, there goes 1k+ hours of my time. Time to get a life I guess.

6 Likes

As it stands, you’re already paying $11USD for a costume that fits only one class and one gender. That’s already outrageous, most games will charge that much for full-fledged DLC expansions to the game.

Now thay want you to pay that much for the chance to get a costume that might actually be usable by the character you have. Otherwise, you get potions, because that’s what you really want to spend real money on, right?

I can already guess that the “trade-in” system won’t give you the full value of your purchase back, either. If you’re lucky, you get half of the item’s TP value back, meaning that you have to spend TWICE ($22!) the amount of money to get the specific item you want.

I’m a new player, and the cash shop here is the worst I’ve seen in a game yet when it comes to prices, garanteeing that I won’t spend a dime. Somehow, it’s going to end up even worse. The only way they could make this change “good” would be if the prices of the drop boxes are roughly equivalent to $1 or so a box. Of course, this will never happen.

Protip from an econ major: If you want to actually get lots of customers for cosmetics and such, there’s just one thing that needs to happen. Lower the TP price of items by at least 50%. You’ll find that a LOT more people are willing to pay $5 for a costume than $11. Where one person would buy the $11 costume, you could get three people buying $5 costumes, thus making more money. Also, people would be more likely to purchase multiple costumes now that it doesn’t cost them a week’s worth of food to do so. Since the goods are digital and thus infinite, supply isn’t an issue.

Of course, this will never happen.

7 Likes

When this was announced in KTOS, some said it was Nexon’s idea. This won’t come to ITOS, they said. IMC loves and care for the game, they said.

Your move, fluffy whiteknights?

4 Likes

make gacha 1usd, but rng rate 5%

coz thats how u get so many talts ingame

huehuehue

fertilizer, arent u proud now?

3 Likes

IMC needs cash to support ToS mobile and wolfknights, come one big whales take this bait and get apples from the gacha machine… :joy:

fluffy hue

1 Like

Sorry, how did R8 kill the game? Did I miss something?

According to steamcharts the big update didn’t increase the player count much. It means it will only go down from this point.

1 Like

The difficulty forced partying instead of just encouraging it and with game having a lack of players and R8 update not making the high 260s to R8 bridge easier (You got to grind workshop or maven for hours to get to R8 unless you got high team level), there was a lack of players to do R8 content with.

R8 needed to have a bridge between end of R7 content into R8 content that made it not so much of a grind to get into it. Also the content being so tough that they are now nerfing it in KTOS made any players they would gain from new content just leave right away as they need to find people (which there is a lack of) in order to advance.

Also none of the new content encouraged new players to join as it was all for the people who were end game to reach. So people who left in the beginning to middle of leveling before reaching the 270s had no new reason to come back. Also many of the new classes were not that great. Personally I was looking forward to Mergen on my fletcher but how the damage doesn’t constitute the long CDs that Mergen has made me instead focus on my SR I’m leveling. A lot of the other new classes are in the same boat with a few being a lot better than others making it so people don’t feel inclined to even get into R8 content with lackluster classes and leveling frustration.

Now with the adding of gacha/gambling for cosmetics one of the few nice things in the game (cosmetics) is stuck behind an RNG wall or paying whales’ prices to get it. So either it is a cash dump or increasing the pay to win gap. Either one alienates a good group of the players. This coupled with bad optimization, bugs, crashes, afk farmers, and bots (bots/scripters on non-city have declined I will admit on Klai at least) makes all the few appeals of Tree of Savior not really worth it. Already I had a friend quit the game at the announcement of this gambling system and I expect more to do the same.

It was a shame I liked the class/rank system for its many options. If I have too many friends leave I will probably just end up going to killing my enormous backlog on steam.

4 Likes

I don’t even know how to describe my sadness about this broken gacha system. One thing that I hated the most in ragnarok is now real here…

RIP ToS

3 Likes

You just triggered the horrible memories of Warpportal RNG boxes

3 Likes

This is greedy nexon’s fault…oh wait ITOS is self-published

huehuehue

1 Like

Why’d you stop buying TP just because of this gacha…if you want the current costumes, just buy it before the patch? This gacha affects the future costumes and accessories more. In some way, if the rate of getting something you want is lower, that means players will have to buy more gacha, get more unwanted stuff, and have to sell those unwanted stuff. This will bring the item price down hopefully, and benefits free player because cash shop stuff will become cheaper on market. How did you even linked this patch to attributes and TBL…Anyway, ‘latest cosmetics’ are not necessities.

side note, IMC is Jesus…They just wont die easily.

On paper yes but I played through this with TERA with the stuff you want being so expensive only way to get the money for it is no life grind for a month or RNG and hope you get something that either sell for same amount or you could trade for. Also this will apply to old costumes too minus the circle3 outfits. All outfits besides those and the cockatrice will be removed from purchase and placed in RNG box. So if I make say a swordsman in 2 months and I want to get a soldier outfit for him I will either have to drop loads of money for tp to gamble for it (sometimes you wont even get a costume piece) or shell out 5 million to some whale who will use the money to get level 100 attributes in R8 class or buy awesome gear so as to make no one else able to compete in world bosses or pvp. This is a money sink that punishes anyone that doesn’t have a deep wallet. Also since the stuff can be traded in you might not even see stuff being put up on market as the people just trade it in for exchange currency to get the piece they want. This will make items not drop in price because the items will be rare and if they dont sell quickly will be traded in for exchange currency.

I played Nexon games, Tera, and other with these systems implemented and it is not fun.

This person know what he is saying.

Well…I dont expect any of them to be 5m unless somebody is idiotic enough to pay that amount. I’d expect the price for new costumes to be 2~2.5m for a while, and the price will eventually lower to about 1mil~1.5mils each. New items are always harder to obtain in any games. Anyway people without deep wallet should prioritize on other more important stuff, not costumes…To be honest, the ToS gacha it isnt too bad compare to other games like for example Tera which you can literally get untradable trash items from it. Atleast for the gacha in ToS, everything are tradable. If the probability of getting ‘latest cosmetics’ is lower than normal cosmetics, that will be something to rant. To me, I’d be happy with any piece of costumes as long they are colorful and cheap so I might not fully understand your passion for latest cosmetics.

allahu akbar!!! !!! !!!

2 Likes

If you choose to spend you tp on in game currency that’s up to you.